Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

BOYCOTT OF PAY PER VIEW GAMES

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It was noticeable that there were fewer streams available for us v Villa than for other games that weekend, and that they were less stable.

I think it's luck of the draw, but as a general rule, if we are playing one of the bigger clubs, there tend to be more and better streams available.  We should be OK tomorrow.

I can't participate as much in match threads in here when I have a laggy stream, because I hate reading about a goal before it happens.

I have considered suggesting a separate "streamers match thread" which would lag a few minutes behind the coverage on radio/TV, but for that to work, everyone's stream would have to be lagging by the same amount  lol

What a stunner from Collymore!

(That's some lag you've got there!)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No sandwiches.

No biscuits.

No jellybeans in the car.

Nothing.

haah yeah. That's why I listen to 5live and not Radio Leicester when possible (if 5 live have us on as the featured game) because you don't get Stringer asking Piper what he's having for tea.

9 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The great thing is that because the games ARE on PPV, there are an abundance of good streams. Fuch the system.

Yeah but they all seem slower form Friday, I've contacted a few people who've streamed over the W/E and they all say their streams were worse than usual.

Which begs the question are the likes of Sky and BT slowing down the internet speeds, I suspect intermittently so they can still get a decent average.

Call me paranoid.

16 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Why isn’t our game game v arsenal the main 4 o clock game ahead of wolves Newcastle 

probably because Newcastle fans boycotted it publicly and Arsenal fanbase is a lot bigger

its all about the money, will look for a stream myself not giving in to paying PPV this will be the second week in a row we will be on not really fair on our fans .

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yeah but they all seem slower form Friday, I've contacted a few people who've streamed over the W/E and they all say their streams were worse than usual.

Which begs the question are the likes of Sky and BT slowing down the internet speeds, I suspect intermittently so they can still get a decent average.

Call me paranoid.

The games are being shown around the world,  BT or Sky cant change that. It might be that there more people watching because we're the only game on. I doubt it's a deliberate policy. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The games are being shown around the world,  BT or Sky cant change that. It might be that there more people watching because we're the only game on. I doubt it's a deliberate policy. 

Well I'm sure Sky can slow down my internet speed wherever the stream is coming from.

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I'm sure Sky can slow down my internet speed wherever the stream is coming from.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Surely BT won't intentionally slow it down for their customers as its being broadcast by a competitor. 

At the end of the day, BT and Virgin are the only two providers of internet service in this country. All the others are just brands who resell under their own name. 

So Sky would have zero control over anything like that.

59 minutes ago, davieG said:

Call me paranoid.

Can't say I noticed  I watched the Liverpool game last night and I dont think the stream stopped once. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Can't say I noticed  I watched the Liverpool game last night and I dont think the stream stopped once. 

My Son in Law in Oxford his stream was continually buffering and his Brother in Ashby couldn't even log on, both from Liverpool by the way. I gave up on mine as well. A bit of a coincidence then as none of us usually have any real problems.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

My Son in Law in Oxford his stream was continually buffering and his Brother in Ashby couldn't even log on, both from Liverpool by the way. I gave up on mine as well. A bit of a coincidence then as none of us usually have any real problems.

the Villa game last week was effected in the second half, although there were a lot less sources but you never know they could probably throttle it but surely they would try and effect the actual source first i.e the guy streaming it

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Possibly though..... they may focus on areas. I'm nowhere near liverpool of Sheffield so.....

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

If you're willing to be a bit resourceful, it is very possible to find a non-buffering stream. And I have to say, even before all of this, it was much the same.

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

At the end of the day, BT and Virgin are the only two providers of internet service in this country. All the others are just brands who resell under their own name. 

So Sky would have zero control over anything like that.

Seemingly this was missed given you’ve all carried on having a pointless conversation lol