Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

BOYCOTT OF PAY PER VIEW GAMES

There does seem to be an awful lot of quality streams available though. Maybe i'm reading it a little bit too deeply, but could there be something fishy going on regarding the possible direction that ppv could go. Microsoft allegedly got everyone hooked on windows by releasing a very early version that could be "hacked" if you made the licence code add up to a certain value, then once you're hooked, you buy the next release. 

48 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

There does seem to be an awful lot of quality streams available though. Maybe i'm reading it a little bit too deeply, but could there be something fishy going on regarding the possible direction that ppv could go. Microsoft allegedly got everyone hooked on windows by releasing a very early version that could be "hacked" if you made the licence code add up to a certain value, then once you're hooked, you buy the next release. 

In this analogy Windows has been around for years, hackable and legitimate. In the wake of an electricity crisis they've decided to blast up the price. 

Good on you, Foxes Trust!  :appl:

Some people could afford the PPV, but object to shelling out, on the grounds that it is overpriced moneygrabbing by rich clubs during a pandemic crisis, it doesn't treat all clubs equally and paying for PPV will only encourage them to expand it.

In such cases, I hope people will consider a donation to charity, each time they stream a game, instead of paying the PPV.

All the charities listed in the OP link are worthy of our support. :scarf:

• Like 2

This reminds me of that quote about Boris Johnson:

”He waits to see which way the crowd is running and then runs to the front and says “Quick, follow me””.

Lots of worthy causes here that hopefully people will donate to but leadership was needed from fan groups a couple of weeks ago. I’m sure the overwhelming majority of people have already made their minds up about whether they’re going to pay when this was being discussed a fortnight or so ago. 

Perhaps Marcus Rashford’s work with FareShare night also be worth adding to the list.

https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/

Edited by ttfn

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

How else do I watch the game then? 

Me personally I won’t pay the £15, if you decide to yourself though because you want to watch a reliable channel rather than a dodgy stream then go for it, it’s not up to me to judge you and I’ll respect your decision . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

This reminds me of that quote about Boris Johnson:

”He waits to see which way the crowd is running and then runs to the front and says “Quick, follow me””.

Lots of worthy causes here that hopefully people will donate to but leadership was needed from fan groups a couple of weeks ago. I’m sure the overwhelming majority of people have already made their minds up about whether they’re going to pay when this was being discussed a fortnight or so ago. 

Perhaps Marcus Rashford’s work with FareShare night also be worth adding to the list.

https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/

This, so much this. 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

How else do I watch the game then? 

Either get a stream or listen on the radio. Whilst £15 isnt a lot of money as a one off, transfer that over 30 games and it's over £400. Some of our games will already be chosen by sky or bt so wont be charged but quite a lot of our remaining games will be charged. If you fancy paying £400+ for the rest of the season sitting in your living room then fair enough, but if you dont, then boycott this whole disgusting thing and if enough people do this then they will scrap it and hopefully make it more affordable to everyone. £5 a game would be fair 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

No intention of paying the PPV fees. The disparity between charges for clubs is already apparent and disproportionate. We are at the higher end of the scale for being shafted.

Screenshot_20201024-002044_Twitter.jpg

This was always going to happen. I don't buy the argument that it's cheaper than going to matches too which I've heard- you are one of 30k people going to a stadium with us. Potentially millions could be buying the games on PPV, that is an unlimited market.

Shit kick-off times and an extra £15 a week for some fans.

Lots of backlash understandably regarding PPV & they won’t release their viewing figures or revenue amounts... but having spoken to a few older friends who decided to previously stream (Villa Game) & with the delays and buffering/adverts there’s a fair few torn between paying for this as a complete one off.

But this is the problem is it a one off? Will it continue throughout the season? Every season?

A colleague advised he got the Villa Goal come up on his Sky Sports app quicker than the stream... and then had to anticipate it 🥴

Also quite irritating when friends/family overseas get uninterrupted broadcast of all the games free of charge & we are put through this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

This may prove unpopular and to be fair, I won’t be paying for the PPV.

But to be clear if a digital season ticket to watch my team on TV at home could be purchased for all Leicester PL games  (and preferably all competitions too) I would pay up to £10 a game providing a decent proportion of the revenue went back to the club or spread across all clubs) circa £400 Is like a gym membership or golf club fee or low cost season ticket - especially considering I could maybe cancel all other sport subscription channels which cost £20 plus a month anyway, I’d be happy watching highlights of other teams games.

My work and distance from the stadium inclusive of lack of viable public transport options means I rarely attend games now but still desperately would like to contribute to the club economy and support my team and the owners whilst not being able to attend.

Because I live away and have little or no chance of getting a ticket when I do visit I would happily pay to watch my team home and away on a reliable and legitimate stream if the funds were going to "the club economy and support my team and the owners whilst not being able to attend".

I will not be paying PPV nor Sky nor BT Sport who will only be screening City matches when they feel like it.

• Like 1

There’s no way I’ll be paying £15. I’ve already paid the club £70 just to reserve my ticket, I’ve paid Sky and BT, that’s where it stops for me.  If they made it £5 a game and guaranteed at least 50% of the money went to non league or even lower efl clubs that are struggling I’d be interested but this is just money grabbing from a premier league that just spent over £1 billion on transfers this summer.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ForeverandEver said:

Lots of backlash understandably regarding PPV & they won’t release their viewing figures or revenue amounts... but having spoken to a few older friends who decided to previously stream (Villa Game) & with the delays and buffering/adverts there’s a fair few torn between paying for this as a complete one off.

But this is the problem is it a one off? Will it continue throughout the season? Every season?

A colleague advised he got the Villa Goal come up on his Sky Sports app quicker than the stream... and then had to anticipate it 🥴

Also quite irritating when friends/family overseas get uninterrupted broadcast of all the games free of charge & we are put through this! 

It's ridiculous how much easier it is to see games abroad. My wife's Portuguese tv box has all their sport channels, so I just watch that. I get to watch every game in perfect quality, just with Portuguese commentary.