Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

When everyones fit ?

16 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Your justification for Ricardo on the left sounds great. 

Guess it all depends on how good Ricardo is at left back. Would certainly be happy to give it a try. And if it doesn't work we can give horizontally overlapping fullbacks a try. If they move  winger to get away from one of them, let him follow him ( a la Jamie Lawrence, oh those really were the days, West ham at home 199?)

As far as I'm aware, we've got three right footed full backs that all have a reasonable amount of playing experience at left back in Castagne, JJ and Ricardo. 

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We are playing two games a week right now, I think rotation is inevitable to make sure we don't run out of steam like last year. Also, the chances of having everyone 100% is slim to none so they will see plenty of game time. 

Slim should be nowhere near our first 11!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

If we Play 3 at the back....we could have....

* Any of 3 ..Evans,Soyu, Fofana

Schmeichelt

Ricardo.    Fofana*.       Castagne

Ndidi

Praet.          Tielemans

Maddison

Under              Barnes

Vardy

With this,  if needs be...Another Cb.. 4 at the back ,then Under to the bench

Have you ever watched 3 atb? It generally includes Wing backs rather than full backs shoehorned in as centre halves. (having said that, at least when we have a fully fit squad it should be like that) 

Mind you the old 1 atb against some of the "weaker" sides could be worth a go, for shits and giggles at least (Fulham?) 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Have you ever watched 3 atb? It generally includes Wing backs rather than full backs shoehorned in as centre halves. (having said that, at least when we have a fully fit squad it should be like that) 

Mind you the old 1 atb against some of the "weaker" sides could be worth a go, for shits and giggles at least (Fulham?) 

I am Not for 3 at the back normally, but some were mentioning it,so I threw in my 2 Penny-worth in...Thats also Why I finished how I did

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Rodgers seems to me to be too conservative to play both Under and Barnes from KO, I suspect it'll be one or the other unless we're getting desperate for a goal in the 20mins or so.

Under has been here for all of a minute. Reasonably likely that the more he settles in, the more we see of both Under and Barnes at KO.

Interesting to read all of the Evans-related comments here.

Reality is that everyone is just taking a punt, because until we actually see the Fofana-Soyuncu CB combo in action, there's no telling if it would be worse, better or substantively no different from the Evans-Soyuncu or Evans-Fofana combos. Personally, it's a terrific headache to have, and with Evans on the final season of his current deal, it is important to play this right and to make him continue to feel a key part of our project. Nonetheless, ultimately (or, if their projected development continues apace, for as long as we have fortunate enough to hold on to them), the Soyuncu-Fofana CB partnership is our future. 

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I Dont Think we should break our Heads over it...The Trials & tribulations of our Teams seasons pan out, will see fate and the Natural Run of things

sort the needs out....

If We go Deep into Europe Plus any Run in the FA cup, Early 2021...We'll see Evans,Soyu,Fofana,Plus Morgan in Cameos,being needed &

Rotated...Add later Amartey/Fuchs ,if injuries still follow us...

Whats brilliant for Rodgers,he has Quality across the Bline, then he must just to do the basics, wait to see who Shows they want it....!!

Since he signed,I have loved Evans,but if Fofana & Soyu can Mesh & stamp their right to be our top pairing, it settles our future for even a short,but

hopefully a few decent seasons .

It will help Evans to extend his career, he gives excellent cover,projects his experience,and still will get decent game time.

Morgan can Step down and with Fuchs happily Take their Next steps into creating their future away from the grass.

They will anyway go as Legends and will hold permanent  special memories and in the Hearts of the fans...

I agree, especially your opening line, but Kinnell, this is an excellent thread and really exciting, especially when everybody lost their shit and predicted a major struggle after a whole 2 losses and sitting in the top 6 after 5 games! 

Trying not to sound sanctimonious and to back it up, check my half time rant from the match thread on sunday! I was not a happy bunny, and although I don't quite buy the full masterclass, it feels totally different now knowing we won. (please please please don't do the same against Leeds though. I feel with our progression, there is an actual purist side me somewhere and apparently I do value performance higher than I thought compared to my younger "win at all costs" mindset. 

16 hours ago, davieG said:

Rodgers seems to me to be too conservative to play both Under and Barnes from KO, I suspect it'll be one or the other unless we're getting desperate for a goal in the 20mins or so.

He's said multiple times that Under just needs to improve his fitness, I suspect that we will start to see them start together regularly later on this season, probably after the Christmas schedule. 

To be honest with the amount of games this season, I doubt we'll have any significant stretch of time where we can play our best first eleven week in week out, if we're even lucky enough to see all our players fit at the same time. Maybe in late January/early February before Europa starts up again (assuming we get through the group stages). 

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest with the amount of games this season, I doubt we'll have any significant stretch of time where we can play our best first eleven week in week out, if we're even lucky enough to see all our players fit at the same time. Maybe in late January/early February before Europa starts up again (assuming we get through the group stages). 

I reckon we won’t see everyone fit until the season is almost over .... players will want to be available for the euros 

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I reckon we won’t see everyone fit until the season is almost over .... players will want to be available for the euros 

Last season we started with everyone fit and available, and ended the season with several key players injured and/or unavailable.

Perhaps, karma will be that we started this season with several key players injured and/or unavailable, and will end the season with everyone available. 

:scarf:

12 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I agree, especially your opening line, but Kinnell, this is an excellent thread and really exciting, especially when everybody lost their shit and predicted a major struggle after a whole 2 losses and sitting in the top 6 after 5 games! 

Trying not to sound sanctimonious and to back it up, check my half time rant from the match thread on sunday! I was not a happy bunny, and although I don't quite buy the full masterclass, it feels totally different now knowing we won. (please please please don't do the same against Leeds though. I feel with our progression, there is an actual purist side me somewhere and apparently I do value performance higher than I thought compared to my younger "win at all costs" mindset. 

I Dont like,this Weekly Witch hunt on either players or manager...

You take on a manager,you give him 3-4 years to rebuild und developed a side,that means over Short periods & the odd period,taking the ups & down when

any manager will try things,or wants to learn over new & established players....

However over those periods,I still want to see more decent all round performances,than poor ones...I Dont take any entitled View or expectation..Each game,each

period,and obviously each season will show the Variants & spectrum of frustration,satisfaction,disappointment,hopefully eventually reaching some positive

Level of aspirations & achievements...Trophies/titles  are gravy...!!!

This season because of Covid,home & Foreign players minds,will Not be 100% on their football, its an unknown quantity..So We fans cant Take many things as a given....The season could well still be suspended again....Though its doesn't do any harm, as a fan just to Dream up those ideas,& possibilties,of where we See

our Teams potential......Progress in Performance delivery is still high on my agenda.....but I dont lose it,when it either falls shorts, or a tactic is the occasional

Proof of the pudding...

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Dont like,this Weekly Witch hunt on either players or manager...

You take on a manager,you give him 3-4 years to rebuild und developed a side,that means over Short periods & the odd period,taking the ups & down when

any manager will try things,or wants to learn over new & established players....

However over those periods,I still want to see more decent all round performances,than poor ones...I Dont take any entitled View or expectation..Each game,each

period,and obviously each season will show the Variants & spectrum of frustration,satisfaction,disappointment,hopefully eventually reaching some positive

Level of aspirations & achievements...Trophies/titles  are gravy...!!!

This season because of Covid,home & Foreign players minds,will Not be 100% on their football, its an unknown quantity..So We fans cant Take many things as a given....The season could well still be suspended again....Though its doesn't do any harm, as a fan just to Dream up those ideas,& possibilties,of where we See

our Teams potential......Progress in Performance delivery is still high on my agenda.....but I dont lose it,when it either falls shorts, or a tactic is the occasional

Proof of the pudding...

And here lies the proof that there are better men than me on this forum 😘

41 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

And here lies the proof that there are better men than me on this forum 😘

Naa my lousy-list is miles longer than any of my  wise,wisdom finder General lists & anecdotes...

I just do both sides with smiles ,Audacity & sarcastic dark humour.......Downed with Medis & :beer:

I think with Fofana being thrown in the 1st team so early and, although its early, performing so well it gives Brendan a future headache. He probably wouldn't go for this formation, because that's all 3 of our centre backs, one gets injured and we're buggered, but with better back ups this could work well

Screenshot_20201029-151346_Chrome.jpg