Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

When everyones fit ?

3 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Sometimes l'm glad I am not the manager. Mendy was excellent in the games against Man City and Arsenal. When all around are losing possession he manages to retain it which is a real positive when under pressure. But leaving out Wilf when fit? Not an easy decision!

Not an easy one indeed but a good problem to have.

49 minutes ago, Dames said:

Agree with this about Ricardo. People over look that he can play on both flanks too. 

Personally I think if Castagnes long term future was at left back he’d be playing there already. 

It does strike me that if JJ is the one just filling in, you'd have him on his "stronger" side if Castagne was intended to be playing left. 

6 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Just wondering why Castagne is assumed to move over to the left? If he is a better in that position than Justin then you'd think it would be, Justin right and Castagne left currently, also settling Castagne into that position so no reshuffle is needed when Ricardo returns?

I suppose with modern football it's pretty safe to assume it will be a constant rotation between the 3?

Because he's probably better on the left than Ricardo is. He might be on the right now because he's being eased into the team on his favoured side, or because JJ is closer to equally good on either side than Castagne is.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Because he's probably better on the left than Ricardo is. He might be on the right now because he's being eased into the team on his favoured side, or because JJ is closer to equally good on either side than Castagne is.

he is one the left for Belgium. I presumed we were playing him on the right as we have Barnes on the left

I don't think we will have a full squad of healthy players to pick from for the entirety of the season. Too many players already injured and too many games in a short space of time not to get more. We have only seen the likes of Albrighton, Hamza sparingly and haven't seen Luke Thomas at all yet, but no doubt all of these players will get games. I reckon Gray and Slimani will even get the odd game in the league. 

At the same time it speaks volumes that despite long-term injuries to key players we have still had a great start. The best squad we've ever had by miles!

When everyone is fit it will be a real challenge to pick our best 11, which is exactly where we need to be. In fact I think that by the time everyone is fit it will be even more difficult as we would have signed some more players to make the squad even more competitive, though we will probably have lost one marquee player too. But most likely it will be the 4141 posted a few times here already with only Kasper, Ricardo, Vardy and Barnes as guaranteed starters. Maybe Castagne too if he shows he can do the business on the left hand side. 

I understand why people would want Cags and Fofana but you have to play Evans. Look at Morgan when Huth was out, had such an effect.

It's about those 2 developing those leadership qualities and the risk of having 2 super aggressive centre backs.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'd genuinely go with Fofana and Evans. Might be harsh on Soyuncu but oh well. 

I hesitate to say this, but Wesley is a better fit with Evans (and to some extent English football), because of his aerial ability.

I think Cags is also better in a 2, which complicates things further (although he has the quality to improve in a 3).

Very much depends on the opponent really doesn't it. My inclination would be a 3-4-2-1 for the tougher games and a 4-3-3 for games where we're likely to have trouble breaking teams down. My two lineups would be 

Schmeichel

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Castagne

Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

and

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

Maddison

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Vardy

Barnes

Realistically though we'll be rotating a lot this season and everyone will get their chances. Do think man for man we have a very strong side now though, which is adaptable to a few systems. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we all assume he will move to the left because he regularly plays there for the number one ranked national team in the world. Him currently playing on the right might have something to do with us having no stand out RWer in the early games. He can offer that attacking threat from a deeper position whilst Barnes does it on the left with JJ behind him. 

As for when everyone is fit.... No matter what we do, it's going to be harsh on some of the players who have stepped up but the two formations I would go with depending on opposition are....

Kasper

Ricardo     Fofana      Soyunc   Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison    Tielemans

Under                                              Barnes

Vardy

Or...

Kasper

Fofana    Evans   Soyuncu

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Ndidi     Tielemans

Vardy

This is absolutely bang on what I think. 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I hesitate to say this, but Wesley is a better fit with Evans (and to some extent English football), because of his aerial ability.

I think Cags is also better in a 2, which complicates things further (although he has the quality to improve in a 3).

I Dont Think we should break our Heads over it...The Trials & tribulations of our Teams seasons pan out, will see fate and the Natural Run of things

sort the needs out....

If We go Deep into Europe Plus any Run in the FA cup, Early 2021...We'll see Evans,Soyu,Fofana,Plus Morgan in Cameos,being needed &

Rotated...Add later Amartey/Fuchs ,if injuries still follow us...

Whats brilliant for Rodgers,he has Quality across the Bline, then he must just to do the basics, wait to see who Shows they want it....!!

Since he signed,I have loved Evans,but if Fofana & Soyu can Mesh & stamp their right to be our top pairing, it settles our future for even a short,but

hopefully a few decent seasons .

It will help Evans to extend his career, he gives excellent cover,projects his experience,and still will get decent game time.

Morgan can Step down and with Fuchs happily Take their Next steps into creating their future away from the grass.

They will anyway go as Legends and will hold permanent  special memories and in the Hearts of the fans...

12 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I thought this was going to be about Liverpool.

Amazing how the Big 6 Press Machine go on endlessly about Liverpool's injury problems.

Liverpool have injuries? Someone should have mentioned it... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we all assume he will move to the left because he regularly plays there for the number one ranked national team in the world. Him currently playing on the right might have something to do with us having no stand out RWer in the early games. He can offer that attacking threat from a deeper position whilst Barnes does it on the left with JJ behind him. 

As for when everyone is fit.... No matter what we do, it's going to be harsh on some of the players who have stepped up but the two formations I would go with depending on opposition are....

Kasper

Ricardo     Fofana      Soyunc   Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison    Tielemans

Vardy

Or...

Kasper

Fofana    Evans   Soyuncu

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Ndidi     Tielemans

Vardy

This.. then there’s debate of the bench!

team1.

ward
Evans

JJ

praet

perez

team 2

Ward

JJ

praet

maddison !

Perez

leaves out

Morgan

fuchs

mendy !

hamza

albrighton

gray (obvs)

nacho !

19 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

This.. then there’s debate of the bench!

team1.

ward
Evans

JJ

praet

perez

team 2

Ward

JJ

praet

maddison !

Perez

leaves out

Morgan

fuchs

mendy !

hamza

albrighton

gray (obvs)

nacho !

Isn't it 7 players on the bench? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Kasper

Castagne, Evans, CB*, Ricardo**

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison 

Under, Vardy, Barnes 

*bit undecided at the moment. Fofana has been in better form the last two games than Cags has since we came back from the covid break. They're both young and inconsistency is to be expected. I'd probably say Evans is out best CB for now though. He makes both of them better. 

**Regards Ricardo on the left, some of his best runs are runs that cut inward, diagonally from full back in a way that confuses the hell out of defenders. He's fairly two footed but cutting in on to his stronger foot would be good. I also think Castagne does his best work overlapping, while Under will be best when cutting in giving a good combination. 

Your justification for Ricardo on the left sounds great. 

Guess it all depends on how good Ricardo is at left back. Would certainly be happy to give it a try. And if it doesn't work we can give horizontally overlapping fullbacks a try. If they move  winger to get away from one of them, let him follow him ( a la Jamie Lawrence, oh those really were the days, West ham at home 199?)