Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

When everyones fit ?

When everyone is fit, that's a nice problem to have! Rotate players and play players that are suited for the opposition given their playing style. I think Evan's needs to be managed as he is getting older and niggles will start to happen. Madders does seem to suffer with niggles and injuries too so he should also be rotated a bit too.  I don't think Madders, Youri or Praet deserve to be benched so rotating them would be best.  If we stay injury free though and actually have a full squad then I'll be amazed!

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

N'Didi + Mendy in the same team has never really worked out for us. 

I agree with this. I like Mendy as a player, but he is not quite as good as N’didi. Credit to him that we’ve not missed Wilf as much as we might have expected, but the balance in midfield isn’t right with him and WN playing. He is, however, now a great rotation option. 

At the moment I’d also always pick Evans and one of Fofana or Soyuncu. I think one of the reasons that Fofana has slotted in so well is he has the reliable JE next to him. It was a bit like when Maguire was here who looked ok when he was partnered with Jonny but, less so when he was partnered with Morgan. Similarly Morgan was ok with Evans, but looked vulnerable when he played with Maguire.

That one, steady, CB helps accommodate a more industrious and less predictable partner. It’s a bit like the job Huth used to do for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we all assume he will move to the left because he regularly plays there for the number one ranked national team in the world. Him currently playing on the right might have something to do with us having no stand out RWer in the early games. He can offer that attacking threat from a deeper position whilst Barnes does it on the left with JJ behind him. 

As for when everyone is fit.... No matter what we do, it's going to be harsh on some of the players who have stepped up but the two formations I would go with depending on opposition are....

Kasper

Ricardo     Fofana      Soyunc   Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison    Tielemans

Under                                              Barnes

Vardy

Or...

Kasper

Fofana    Evans   Soyuncu

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Ndidi     Tielemans

Vardy

That's 2 really good strong teams, but it's hard to leave out Praet  & Mendy who have played really well so far., also JJ has done a great job since we signed him.  I don't envy Brendan who has a difficult job to do in keeping everyone happy  & we don't want to lose anybody as we have got a really great squad now.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bluebeau said:

That's 2 really good strong teams, but it's hard to leave out Praet  & Mendy who have played really well so far., also JJ has done a great job since we signed him.  I don't envy Brendan who has a difficult job to do in keeping everyone happy  & we don't want to lose anybody as we have got a really great squad now.

We are playing two games a week right now, I think rotation is inevitable to make sure we don't run out of steam like last year. Also, the chances of having everyone 100% is slim to none so they will see plenty of game time. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Rodgers seems to me to be too conservative to play both Under and Barnes from KO, I suspect it'll be one or the other unless we're getting desperate for a goal in the 20mins or so.

When we have Ndidi back and Ünder fit he will do regularly IMO.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

For me Evans has to be first choice unless he is rested at times due to this season's workload.

Not only is he a great player himself and vastly experienced but he also brings out the best in whoever he is paired with.  He would be great for the development of either Cags or Fofana.

I dont Think its either, but for both...:D  Even in Training or sidelines if rotated...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Hales said:

When everyone is fit, that's a nice problem to have! Rotate players and play players that are suited for the opposition given their playing style. I think Evan's needs to be managed as he is getting older and niggles will start to happen. Madders does seem to suffer with niggles and injuries too so he should also be rotated a bit too.  I don't think Madders, Youri or Praet deserve to be benched so rotating them would be best.  If we stay injury free though and actually have a full squad then I'll be amazed!

If we Play 3 at the back....we could have....

* Any of 3 ..Evans,Soyu, Fofana

Schmeichelt

Ricardo.    Fofana*.       Castagne

Ndidi

Praet.          Tielemans

Maddison

Under              Barnes

Vardy

With this,  if needs be...Another Cb.. 4 at the back ,then Under to the bench

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we all assume he will move to the left because he regularly plays there for the number one ranked national team in the world. Him currently playing on the right might have something to do with us having no stand out RWer in the early games. He can offer that attacking threat from a deeper position whilst Barnes does it on the left with JJ behind him. 

As for when everyone is fit.... No matter what we do, it's going to be harsh on some of the players who have stepped up but the two formations I would go with depending on opposition are....

Kasper

Ricardo     Fofana      Soyunc   Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison    Tielemans

Vardy

Or...

Kasper

Fofana    Evans   Soyuncu

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Ndidi     Tielemans

Vardy

I need a cold shower after looking at that second suggested team. sex.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't expect Fofana+Soyuncu to work as well as either + Evans yet. We should try them as a partnership at some point for sure but for me it's Evans+another for now. Just got to balance that with making sure we can keep the other two happy for our longer term plans.

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Schmeichelt

Ndidi

Maddison

Vardy

I admire the attacking intent but we'd end up losing every game 4-6.

• Like 1

Kasper

Fofana     Evans     Soyuncu

Ricardo                                                                Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans    Maddison

Barnes          Vardy

Don't like leaving Justin out because Iv been really impressed with him this season however Ricardo is just on another level.

Edited by Munshi

47 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Schmeichelt

Ndidi

Maddison

Vardy

lol . Dunno why you bothered with Schmeichel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Evans > Soyuncu. Cannot believe this is even a discussion amongst people who watch this team all the time. Love Soyuncu but Evans is levels ahead.

Have to agree right now.

Evans will always be in the back when fully fit because he’s also a leader. He’s our new Robert Huth that is a senior centre back and just knows everything about being a top class centre back and makes everyone else play better. ....without him i feel it would be very disorganised... Much like when Wes Morgan played with anyone else other than Huth. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

so been having this conversation with my boys and with how certain players have stepped up and the new lads , with a fully fit squad how would you play and with what line up . 

i went with the following 

4-2-3-1 

-----------------------------------kasper--------------------------------------

ricardo-----------fofana ---------soyenchu----------castangne

------------------ndidi----------------mendy/tielmans-------------------------

under-------------------maddison------------------barnes

---------------------------vardy---------------------------------------

rotate mendy and tielmans depending on opposition 

Please stop Puel.

i never want to watch a Leicester side with both mendy and ndidi again. 

Its ndidi or mendy. Mendys been great but he’s not suddenly become creative. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Kasper

Castagne, Evans, CB*, Ricardo**

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison 

Under, Vardy, Barnes 

*bit undecided at the moment. Fofana has been in better form the last two games than Cags has since we came back from the covid break. They're both young and inconsistency is to be expected. I'd probably say Evans is out best CB for now though. He makes both of them better. 

**Regards Ricardo on the left, some of his best runs are runs that cut inward, diagonally from full back in a way that confuses the hell out of defenders. He's fairly two footed but cutting in on to his stronger foot would be good. I also think Castagne does his best work overlapping, while Under will be best when cutting in giving a good combination. 

Agree with this about Ricardo. People over look that he can play on both flanks too. 

Personally I think if Castagnes long term future was at left back he’d be playing there already. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

so been having this conversation with my boys and with how certain players have stepped up and the new lads , with a fully fit squad how would you play and with what line up . 

i went with the following 

4-2-3-1 

-----------------------------------kasper--------------------------------------

ricardo-----------fofana ---------soyenchu----------castangne

------------------ndidi----------------mendy/tielmans-------------------------

under-------------------maddison------------------barnes

---------------------------vardy---------------------------------------

rotate mendy and tielmans depending on opposition 

Tielemans is a must - he is the guy the pulls strings in our midfield.

We cannot have both Ndidi and Mendy, so based on current form I have to go for Mendy because his passing and positioning is in my opinion more important for the possession based football Rodgers wants to play.

Under is yet to prove himself so I need to reserve judgement. On the other hand Praet has been very good and comes ahead of Maddison. So for me I would go for Praet instead of Under and I am more attacking minded so I would like Nachos to partner Vardy.

Also, Evans has to be in there so for me:

Kasper

Ricardo      Evans         Soyuncu   Castagne

Mendy

Praet           Tielemans              Barnes

Nachos

Vardy

I don't think Praet deserves to be left out as he was brilliant before he hurt his knee and is playing well now despite working his way back from that injury. Always capable of a killer pass and works his socks off. Feel for him that its always him benched and not Madders or Youri. Hopefully he will get plenty of game time with all the games this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Tielemans is a must - he is the guy the pulls strings in our midfield.

We cannot have both Ndidi and Mendy, so based on current form I have to go for Mendy because his passing and positioning is in my opinion more important for the possession based football Rodgers wants to play.

Under is yet to prove himself so I need to reserve judgement. On the other hand Praet has been very good and comes ahead of Maddison. So for me I would go for Praet instead of Under and I am more attacking minded so I would like Nachos to partner Vardy.

Also, Evans has to be in there so for me:

Kasper

Ricardo      Evans         Soyuncu   Castagne

Mendy

Praet           Tielemans              Barnes

Nachos

Vardy

Sometimes l'm glad I am not the manager. Mendy was excellent in the games against Man City and Arsenal. When all around are losing possession he manages to retain it which is a real positive when under pressure. But leaving out Wilf when fit? Not an easy decision!

1 minute ago, Hales said:

I don't think Praet deserves to be left out as he was brilliant before he hurt his knee and is playing well now despite working his way back from that injury. Always capable of a killer pass and works his socks off. Feel for him that its always him benched and not Madders or Youri. Hopefully he will get plenty of game time with all the games this season.

Fully agree. Midfield is better with him and Tielemans. Maddison is better suited to play further upfront just behind Vardy, but in that role, I feel Nachos is better. 

• Like 1