Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ceredigion

Have you ever wanted Leicester to lose or not win a game?

Never wanted us to lose, been a fair few cup games which I've wanted us to win, but not too fussed when we lost.

Closest to not wanting us to win was Doncaster, and that would be the only scenario where I'd want us to lose, end of season dead rubber which could lead to Spurs or Chelsea getting relegated 😁

I felt at the beginning of January 2017 that Ranieri will probably have to be sacked for us to avoid relegation, but I was absolutely desperate for him to be the one to turn it around. I just knew that it wasn't going to happen and therefore I supported the decision to part company. I also wasn't one to get on Puel's back until late on. That Palace home game was the final straw though and at 3-1 down I was thinking that I wouldn't care if we went on to lose this by 5 or 6 if it means that a change is made. 

Edited by BenTheFox

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

Was that the season we played Swindon at Filbo and were 3 nill down at half time and somehow drew 3 3.Still remember that match for some reason!

No. I think that match was 2 or 3 years earlier. One of the rare highlights of the late 80s.

Slightly off topic ...

The only time i've ever seen us score a goal, and genuinely felt sympathy for the opposition, was home to Yeovil Town 2013-14.

It was a dramatic late equaliser, and the place went berserk.  But as soon as the final whistle went, the Yeovil players just collapsed on the pitch.

They had played really well, and given absolutely everything.  In those 60 seconds, i think they realised that they would probably get relegated, even though there were a few games left. 

You could see all the belief just draining away from them.   A win that night would've given then so much belief and boosted morale.   They were just utterly demoralised.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Slightly off topic ...

The only time i've ever seen us score a goal, and genuinely felt sympathy for the opposition, was home to Yeovil Town 2013-14.

It was a dramatic late equaliser, and the place went berserk.  But as soon as the final whistle went, the Yeovil players just collapsed on the pitch.

They had played really well, and given absolutely everything.  In those 60 seconds, i think they realised that they would probably get relegated, even though there were a few games left. 

You could see all the belief just draining away from them.   A win that night would've given then so much belief and boosted morale.   They were just utterly demoralised.

And now they're in non-league. Does make you wonder if that was a bit of a turning point for them missed.

I've been a City fan for 30+ years now and my dad and grandad before that. Never wanted anything but us to win. Anyway, my dad went everywhere with City throughout the 70s and 80s so was no stranger to the trouble through that time. However, I remember one particular thing he said to me that I think ties in with this topic - Millwall away in 1984 I think it was. Apparently they scored first and it's the only time he ever hoped we didn't equalise. So perhaps a different perspective that some others here can relate to.

• Like 2

Also, something quite off topic but sorta related. When we played Everton at home the day we got the Premier League trophy, when they scored their consolation even the Leicester fans cheered! Something I never thought I'd ever witness and can't remember ever seeing before. Obviously we didn't want them to win or even score, but I thought that was quite a nice touch to the day that. I guess my point is there can be rare exceptions for everything under the right circumstances.

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Lloyds in Oadby? 

I remember the pub singing 'west broms down' to James' 'oh sit down' that night. Feisty place was that place. The DJ didn't have the easiest of jobs there

The Oadby Owl followed by the New Inn I think.

Stood in packed pen 3 as a youngster against leeds, trailing to a early goal we were throwing everything at them to get a late equaliser. A friend and myself were standing behind a bollard and behind us a bloke twice the size of us both put together kept crushing us against the bollard as the crowd surged forward with every wave of attack. 

We looked behind us at him then at each other and said please don’t score. Obviously the fact that I’m here to tell the tale let’s you know that we didn’t score. lol 

• Like 1

I might have if it had expedited getting Gary Megson out of the club, but he was seemingly satisfied to draw every single game, so it'd have happened at some point regardless of Bolton taking strong hallucinagens and poaching him.

I've never actively wished defeat on Leicester but I have flipped watching certain especially crap performances that are beyond saving (think Newport in the FA Cup) and encouraging them to give us the hammering we deserved because it's funnier that way.

Edit for some reason I thought we lost 3-1 or even 4-1 to Newport, when we only lost by a single goal. About sums up how I rated our performance that day.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed