Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ceredigion

Have you ever wanted Leicester to lose or not win a game?

16 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

1990-91 was my first season. All home games and with it being pleats last year, that season had it all. 

At home we had play offs form, but shit away, which I didn't even follow, so I saw great results, got to join in with Pleat out, and got one of the best celebrations when Tony James kept us up. 

And here I am! Thanks Pleat for your part in it. 

1990-91 is one of my favourite seasons of all time. But if it was your first season you must have been wondering what you were letting yourself in for. But we didn't have play-off form at home though. We were losing to the likes of Port Vale, Hull and Bristol Rovers at Filbert Street. The pitch invasion at the end of the Oxford game was amazing though and when the players emerged in the old Main Stand to salute the crowd as if we'd just won the league rather than escaped by the skin of our teeth was absolutely hilarious. We were all laughing hysterically about it in the pub in Oadby that night.

• Like 2

I’ve never ever wanted to lose but in one particular game in the 80s we was playing Burnley at home, I was in pen 2 and being only 10, I was petrified I was going to be crushed, Filbert st was packed that day, and with all the pushing it was very scary, especially for a little boy at the time, 

luckily it finished 0-0 and we got promoted.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ceredigion said:

1990-91 is one of my favourite seasons of all time. But if it was your first season you must have been wondering what you were letting yourself in for. But we didn't have play-off form at home though. We were losing to the likes of Port Vale, Hull and Bristol Rovers at Filbert Street. The pitch invasion at the end of the Oxford game was amazing though and when the players emerged in the old Main Stand to salute the crowd as if we'd just won the league rather than escaped by the skin of our teeth was absolutely hilarious. We were all laughing hysterically about it in the pub in Oadby that night.

The tannoy speaker at the Bristol Rovers v West Brom game, gave the Leicester game result as a win for Oxford.

The Baggies fans was going mad thinking they had stayed up, little did they know the guy had either gave the result out wrong on purpose or was given wrong info

He got sacked so I’m guessing he did for a laugh, he’s got some bollocks I must say.

• Sad 1

Wanted to lose - not really but if it means a manager doesn’t just keep holding on despite watching half a season of shite and we get rid... probably don’t mind! 

On the subject of ‘probably don’t mind’ I didn’t care too much about getting knocked out of the league cup. Sorry, but with Europa and the PL and the depth in squad we have and the corona crisis - it’s worth more to our side to follow the cash and keep as injury free and rested as possible and that’s not chasing domestic cup glory this season.

7 hours ago, ceredigion said:

You were obviously old enough to understand it all. My dad told me it was play off form and that was enough for me😂. I was obviously destined to be a long term Leicester supporter as I remember none of those lows🤪, and just accepted the bad and embraced the good. Even at that early gullible age. 

However, just tried to find form and home table only from that year and had to do a quick manual skim through ft's own history page for that season and it looks like 13 of our total 14 wins for the season were at home, which certainly backs up what my dad told me. Would love to find a proper form table for that year but haven't managed to during my first fag of the day. 

No, but I have almost wanted the scoreline to get worse in games where we've already lost and the manager needs to go. There's some weird gratification in getting thrashed rather than a narrow loss, when the manager needs to go. I'm thinking Bolton with Taylor or Palace with Puel.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I wanted Donny to equalise in 2014. We'd have still had 100 points and thought it'd be nice for both of us to be celebrating and Dickov to stay up, don't care for Brum.

Yeah, this was the one that stuck out to me when I saw the title.

If Nugent had missed the penalty (or Doncaster had levelled) then literally everyone would have been a winner. Well, except Birmingham of course....

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

You were obviously old enough to understand it all. My dad told me it was play off form and that was enough for me😂. I was obviously destined to be a long term Leicester supporter as I remember none of those lows🤪, and just accepted the bad and embraced the good. Even at that early gullible age. 

However, just tried to find form and home table only from that year and had to do a quick manual skim through ft's own history page for that season and it looks like 13 of our total 14 wins for the season were at home, which certainly backs up what my dad told me. Would love to find a proper form table for that year but haven't managed to during my first fag of the day. 

I went to every home game that season but it looks like my memory is playing tricks on me and your dad was right after all. Leicester got 40 points from home games that season, as many or more than 3 of the 4 teams who finished in the play off positions that season. The away form was truly abysmal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I wanted Donny to equalise in 2014. We'd have still had 100 points and thought it'd be nice for both of us to be celebrating and Dickov to stay up, don't care for Brum.

Yeah exactly this one. If I recall, Mahrez dived to win us a penalty.

I know a load of Birmingham fans, so I really wanted them to go down.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah exactly this one. If I recall, Mahrez dived to win us a penalty.

I know a load of Birmingham fans, so I really wanted them to go down.

Yeah, it was also a really blatant and pointless dive which added to my desire to see them equalise.

Bloody hell, I can’t believe this is even a thread. In all my years following Leicester I cannot fathom ever wanting us to lose a single game, for any reason.

There is only two managers I have ever wanted to be sacked Pleat and Taylor and never wanted us to lose a game to prove a point, deep down I always hope any manager can turn it around a good win and we could go on a run.

To me without getting into what makes a better fan, but it’s not being a supporter to want us to lose a game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Would that not have meant relegation?

Think only if he had stayed Gordon Lee took over and just kept us up with a scrappy win at home to Oxford. Brian Little became manager brought in some proper journeymen and the rest is history 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ceredigion said:

I went to every home game that season but it looks like my memory is playing tricks on me and your dad was right after all. Leicester got 40 points from home games that season, as many or more than 3 of the 4 teams who finished in the play off positions that season. The away form was truly abysmal.

Easy done. I almost forget the details after the game, or even during 😂. But it does explain why I loved it so much despite us being crap overall. 

12 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Lloyds in Oadby? 

I remember the pub singing 'west broms down' to James' 'oh sit down' that night. Feisty place was that place. The DJ didn't have the easiest of jobs there

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell, I can’t believe this is even a thread. In all my years following Leicester I cannot fathom ever wanting us to lose a single game, for any reason.

There is only two managers I have ever wanted to be sacked Pleat and Taylor and never wanted us to lose a game to prove a point, deep down I always hope any manager can turn it around a good win and we could go on a run.

To me without getting into what makes a better fan, but it’s not being a supporter to want us to lose a game.

Very honourable, but Tbf, this thread is a better read than some of the sh1te on here. Especially during Leicester free weekends and the lead up. 

13 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Was that the season we played Swindon at Filbo and were 3 nill down at half time and somehow drew 3 3.Still remember that match for some reason!