Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

5 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This may be one for the development thread as he wouldn't be a first team signing but wouldn't be surprised if Karamoko Dembele ends up here come the summer.

He's now being left out our under 23's squad despite starting the season on the first team bench. Admittedly he hadn't shown anything near enough as yet to be on the first team bench, it looked like a move to get him to sign a new contract which he hasn't done.

A few years back Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid were all after him but I'd be surprised if they were still courting him now as his career has stalled the last couple of years. He has frigthtening ability but physically he's tiny and still very much looks like a wee boy playing a mans game but I could see Rodgers going for him in the hope he develops physically.

Fun fact, Hamza Choudhyry was linked with Barca when he was in our youth team. 

Imagine him in a side with Messi smashing up people for fun. He’d actually give these Spanish pansies a reason to roll around on the floor 

• Haha 2

On 01/11/2020 at 18:50, Ric Flair said:

Edouard is having a poor season, let's hope it's a case of being ready to leave and his form has dropped rather than he's not as good as first thought. 

..I suspect there is an agreement in place, for him to go in the Summer!!!

No excuse to not perform but it was a risk I suppose Celtic were willing to take.

55 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Christian Eriksen confirmed to be leaving Inter in January. Be over the moon if we could somehow get him here. Get Kasper to put in a good word. 

Great player but I'd be worried about his attitude in all fairness. That spurs documentary didn't make him seem like he had a good attitude and we have players like Maddison and Tielemans who will be ahead of him at the moment. Plus his wage demands will be too high for a player we probably don't need. 

On 05/11/2020 at 16:23, Hansifüx said:

Fofana ist fantastic! and I agree. It is just that Kabak will very likely be allowed to leave in January and It could be a one time opportunity. Schalke seems desperate to sell him and use that money for replacements for other parts of the squad where they look much weaker, haaaaagh maybe players could be exchanged, they might be very interested in Perez, Slimani, and/or Gray :) ...  I am hoping Champions league next season and lots of rotations needed anyway. 

and he is already used to wearing blue :)

This is what I imagine Vincent Iborra would look like after a violent allergic reaction to running at more than 10 mph

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Very much worth noting. I suppose maybe in the 3421 with him and Maddison behind Vardy, but then you lose the pace that Barnes provides. 

I think Eriksen is most certainly good enough for Inter, he just tactically doesn’t fit in to what Conte wants. It was a transfer not thought through but too good to turn down for them at the price.

To be honest I was going to suggest if he replaced anyone in the squad it would be someone that both yourself and I have differed on in opinion in the past - Perez. 

You’re probably right that we don’t necessarily need Eriksen, but it’s more just the fact of how much I like him as a player and how little interest there seems to be in him currently that I bought his name up. You can’t deny though that a player of his quality would be a welcome addition. 

I think he's been a tremendous player in the past but from a Spur fan I know, he said he'd been a shadow of his former self. Probably didn't help that Vertonghan was allegedly sorting his wife out. As for not fitting in with Contes tactics, they'd have to say that in order to sell him or they wouldn't recoup their money, that excuse could cover up a multitude of sins. Conte works his players hard and he's currently not buying into that there, Rodgers isn't took dissimilar here. Agreed, an upgrade on Perez but I'd save any money on fees and wages for him or Thauvin and concentrate on getting a top up and coming striker. Just my opinion that it's not worth the risk of potential disquiet in the camp either.

Edited by volpeazzurro

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I suspect there is an agreement in place, for him to go in the Summer!!!

No excuse to not perform but it was a risk I suppose Celtic were willing to take.

Not so sure, I'm not sure there's been a ton on concrete interest in him, that's more the reason he stayed. One derisory bid from a Bundesliga club in the summer so I'm told from a reliable source.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think he's been a tremendous player in the past but from a Spur fan I know, he said he'd been a shadow of his former self. Probably didn't help that Vertonghan was allegedly sorting his wife out. As for not fitting in with Contes tactics, they'd have to say that in order to sell him or they wouldn't recoup their money, that excuse could cover up a multitude of sins. Conte works his players hard and he's currently not buying into that there, Rodgers isn't took dissimilar here. Agreed, an upgrade on Perez but I'd save any money on fees and wages for him or Thauvin and concentrate on getting a top up and coming striker. Just my opinion that it's not worth the risk of potential disquiet in the camp either.

Think the Spurs documentary put paid to that as a myth as there was plenty of footage of them sitting together at breakfast and the likes.

Read a thing about Eriksen no so long ago that he's played a crazy amount of football since a teenager and the reason he's dipped the last couple of seasons is burn out, similar to guys like Rooney who play a lot of games so young and end up peaking much earlier and being finished much earlier, at the top level anyway.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not so sure, I'm not sure there's been a ton on concrete interest in him, that's more the reason he stayed. One derisory bid from a Bundesliga club in the summer so I'm told from a reliable source.

...if he is not performing perhaps we could pick him up for £20m or less !!!

Looks a good player and perhaps has outgrown the League and needs a new challenge. Lennon not seeming to push them further and Rangers are now the team to aim at.

I noticed Karamoko was not in the team or on the bench for a cup game and hard to understand why he is not being integrated into the team as he needs to develop.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he is not performing perhaps we could pick him up for £20m or less !!!

Looks a good player and perhaps has outgrown the League and needs a new challenge. Lennon not seeming to push them further and Rangers are now the team to aim at.

I noticed Karamoko was not in the team or on the bench for a cup game and hard to understand why he is not being integrated into the team as he needs to develop.

He's out of contract in 18 months so we'll be lucky to get £20m for him now. He's not looked like he's outgrown the league this season in all honesty, he's been diabolical. Everyone around him has been the same but I expect far better from him given how good I know he can be.

Karamoko is miles from being ready for first team football at Celtic or indeed anywhere else, there's players at his own age group that have overtaken him. Look at the posts earlier on in this thread about him.

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If he's not good enough for Inter now, why is he good enough for us? He was on the wane as a player at Spurs and a shadow of his former self even before Mourhinio arrived. Either playing wise or mentally there's something not quite right. If he's not happy at Inter partly because he's not playing, why would he come here? Who would he displace in our current side, can't see him being happy as a bench warmer. We don't need such a player surely. A transfer for transfers sake. 

Spot on! Especially with the sort of wages he would expect. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If he's not good enough for Inter now, why is he good enough for us? He was on the wane as a player at Spurs and a shadow of his former self even before Mourhinio arrived. Either playing wise or mentally there's something not quite right. If he's not happy at Inter partly because he's not playing, why would he come here? Who would he displace in our current side, can't see him being happy as a bench warmer. We don't need such a player surely. A transfer for transfers sake. 

Totally agree. Would be a terrible signing even on a free. Would want far to much money and is clearly on a downward trajectory. Everton or West Ham type signing this.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He's out of contract in 18 months so we'll be lucky to get £20m for him now. He's not looked like he's outgrown the league this season in all honesty, he's been diabolical. Everyone around him has been the same but I expect far better from him given how good I know he can be.

Karamoko is miles from being ready for first team football at Celtic or indeed anywhere else, there's players at his own age group that have overtaken him. Look at the posts earlier on in this thread about him.

....really not a good thing happening for him at the moment!!!

His size does not help and it reminds me of a LCFC player, Levi Porter, who when balls were played from the back to him as soon as it bounced it went over his head.

Celtic made what seems to have been a gesture in playing him in the first team last season and when you then find yourself back with your age group it is a anti-climax that is hard to come to terms with. He had a great run on the Right Wing in that game  and cut inside and unleashed a shot which I expected the net to bulge, the ball when wide and if it had gone in, I am sure, his career would have changed.

We had a player called Ashley Chambers who was the youngest (at the time) player to debut for the first team, he came on and played for us on the Right Wing and made a few sortes upfield, he was also pulled back to play with his age group and I am not sure how I could have taken a decision to go backwards when they had considered me good enough to be a sub for the first team. I am not sure where he ended up, but he never made it, or played in the Premiership.

Looking at the big picture, Xavi Simons, who is on the books of PSG is Karamokos'  age and links the play together in a 10/8 role and has a great vision and can pick a pass. Karamoko I have noticed takes players on and looks to release the ball as an after thought and his pass does not create an opening and still leaves the support attacker with lots to do.

With Karamokos' talent, is it possible that he needs a challenge as he was so far ahead of the game, holding him back makes everything that he had achieved before wasted somewhat. It is like keeping a genius in his age group as that is what the institution dictates and not giving him the chance to flourish.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Think the Spurs documentary put paid to that as a myth as there was plenty of footage of them sitting together at breakfast and the likes.

Read a thing about Eriksen no so long ago that he's played a crazy amount of football since a teenager and the reason he's dipped the last couple of seasons is burn out, similar to guys like Rooney who play a lot of games so young and end up peaking much earlier and being finished much earlier, at the top level anyway.

That's good to hear. My mate told me that when he went to a game the rumours were taken quite seriously and some small sections of the crowd were shunning Vertongan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....really not a good thing happening for him at the moment!!!

His size does not help and it reminds me of a LCFC player, Levi Porter, who when balls were played from the back to him as soon as it bounced it went over his head.

Celtic made what seems to have been a gesture in playing him in the first team last season and when you then find yourself back with your age group it is a anti-climax that is hard to come to terms with. He had a great run on the Right Wing in that game  and cut inside and unleashed a shot which I expected the net to bulge, the ball when wide and if it had gone in, I am sure, his career would have changed.

We had a player called Ashley Chambers who was the youngest (at the time) player to debut for the first team, he came on and played for us on the Right Wing and made a few sortes upfield, he was also pulled back to play with his age group and I am not sure how I could have taken a decision to go backwards when they had considered me good enough to be a sub for the first team. I am not sure where he ended up, but he never made it, or played in the Premiership.

Looking at the big picture, Xavi Simons, who is on the books of PSG is Karamokos'  age and links the play together in a 10/8 role and has a great vision and can pick a pass. Karamoko I have noticed takes players on and looks to release the ball as an after thought and his pass does not create an opening and still leaves the support attacker with lots to do.

With Karamokos' talent, is it possible that he needs a challenge as he was so far ahead of the game, holding him back makes everything that he had achieved before wasted somewhat. It is like keeping a genius in his age group as that is what the institution dictates and not giving him the chance to flourish.

That game was two seasons ago and like you allude to it was to make him sign a contract. Again that was the reason he was in and around the first team this season so he'd sign another one, not on merit. It was painful watching him play pre-season as he looked like a little boy playing a mans game. It's nothing to do with ability he's simply not physically ready, despite what you say for someone his age his decision makng in terms of going at players and when to pass it is actually excellent for someone so young, I've seen enough of him to say that pretty confidently.

We hav an American kid called Cameron Harper who is playing ahead of him in the development squad who looks to be a better prospect than him as things stand at the moment.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You reckon you'll get less than 20m for eduoard? We really should be all over this if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

You reckon you'll get less than 20m for eduoard? We really should be all over this if that's the case.

Yeah I'd be amazed if we got anything more than that for him now, perfect storm for us in terms of what we'll get for him, he's been poor, team has been poor and come the summer he'll have a year to go on his deal.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

At least fofana, mahrez etc gave their all when they got on the pitch despite clearly wanting out, Edouard not playing because he didnt get his move is extremeley worrying for a selling club like ours.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

At least fofana, mahrez etc gave their all when they got on the pitch despite clearly wanting out, Edouard not playing because he didnt get his move is extremeley worrying for a selling club like ours.

I think you make a fair point, I'd be concerned if I was a potential buying club at his attitude this season.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I haven't seen him play this year except for the French 21s, but his record is still 5 goals in 9 appearances. Is there actual evidence of him refusing to play?

Mahrez went missing for about an entire season after we won the league - he didn't score a goal from open play in the league for about 5-6 months. 

Tarkowski and Edouard both having 18 months left on their contract is an interesting one. We don't normally do business in jan but wonder whether we might fancy a dip with the amount of games we'll have to play.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I haven't seen him play this year except for the French 21s, but his record is still 5 goals in 9 appearances. Is there actual evidence of him refusing to play?

Mahrez went missing for about an entire season after we won the league - he didn't score a goal from open play in the league for about 5-6 months. 

Tarkowski and Edouard both having 18 months left on their contract is an interesting one. We don't normally do business in jan but wonder whether we might fancy a dip with the amount of games we'll have to play.

He's never refused to play it's just his attitude has been poor and he's visibly barely trying a leg. That said you could say the latter about all the players.