Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's a left back we need due to injuries. JJ and Castagne can be right backs and JJ plus a new one for left back.

Agree on CB, would be happy with one though.

It’s the length of time Castagne’s out that prompted my post!

Currently we have only JJ and, gulp, Albrighton capable of playing RB/RWB. At least we have Thomas on the left. 
We simply can’t carry on picking JJ to start every match, nor can we expect consistency from a side starting with either Albrighton playing out of position or a 19yo learning his trade.

• Like 1

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

Would be surprised if we didn't have a look at gosens in the summer. Into the last year of his contract and was considered better than timmy when they were both at atalanta and would allow us to develop Thomas on loan. 

Theyll be lots in for him. Hes now Germanys starting left back too so he'll want champions league i reckon.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theyll be lots in for him. Hes now Germanys starting left back too so he'll want champions league i reckon.

Absolutely, he will have most teams in Europe after him as he's a very good player and would be surprised if we got him. Just feel like he would be on the list if we do carry on with the current system. Izmail jakobs and Ryan sessegnon would also be good left footed options in that role. 

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Absolutely, he will have most teams in Europe after him as he's a very good player and would be surprised if we got him. Just feel like he would be on the list if we do carry on with the current system. Izmail jakobs and Ryan sessegnon would also be good left footed options in that role. 

Id love him here. With the options we have though I can't see it, I could see us signing someone to replace fuchs.

In the summer we'll need a cb, lb, striker and a winger at the very least and that's assuming no big sales. In addition to that I'd still like a big bastard to play in midfield but if Carvahlo is available id get him now as would allow wilf to cover at cb if needed too.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Would be surprised if we didn't have a look at gosens in the summer. Into the last year of his contract and was considered better than timmy when they were both at atalanta and would allow us to develop Thomas on loan. 

Thomas won't Develop if he's behind Timmy on the bench who's behind Gosens in the 11.

17 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

I could also imagine someone like Robin Koch from Leeds, who can play both CB or defensive midfield. I prefer him as defensive midfielder and he is one of the future players in the German team with still some potential to improve. 

He'd fit in too well with our current CB and DM options ... he's played all season on an injured knee and is now to undergo surgery.

I know it’s unrealistic at present but if Youri is tempted with a move away he’s only got 2 years left right? I’d quite like us to have a serious attempt at James Ward-Prowse. He’s a baller and is actually quite nasty at times which we need. Think it’d be interesting to see how he’d fit in, more so if we go back to 4 at the back and 1-2 touch football rather than 5 and sideways. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I know it’s unrealistic at present but if Youri is tempted with a move away he’s only got 2 years left right? I’d quite like us to have a serious attempt at James Ward-Prowse. He’s a baller and is actually quite nasty at times which we need. Think it’d be interesting to see how he’d fit in, more so if we go back to 4 at the back and 1-2 touch football rather than 5 and sideways. Thoughts?

I like Ward-Prowse, he's a very tidy player but I think he'd cost serious wonga given how inflated fees are currently in England for English players which is only going to get worse again when Brexit happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I like Ward-Prowse, he's a very tidy player but I think he'd cost serious wonga given how inflated fees are currently in England for English players which is only going to get worse again when Brexit happens. 

I think hassenhutl makes ward prowse look better than he is, he wasnt great before he came in iirc and when they tried to play 433 at the start of last year instead of the 4222 theyre playing now he was poor as well. There are better players available in europe that are more universally talented whereas while jwp looks great right now he's a bit of a risk.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

I am still hoping Leicester is in for Kabak. In yesterday's game I was thinking if he was there he would have put one of the set pieces in. He is really dangerous in the opposition's box. He has undeniable quality strength. The more I watch PL the more I think he would fit in perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Daveb5569 said:

Dele Aili up for grabs would it be worth a punt on him or are we looking at player who those his toys out of the pram if not played...

You know what, I'd have him here. On his day he is superb and I think he'd be unreal under Rodgers.

• Like 2