Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

@Ric Flair one for you...

Your dutch faves....Stengs, Boadu, Malen, Ihhataren and Wijndal are all on Mino Raiola's books... has that always been the case to your knowledge?

Might explain why none of them have been picked up yet given he's an absolute weapon to deal with lol  

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

@Ric Flair one for you...

Your dutch faves....Stengs, Boadu, Malen, Ihhataren and Wijndal are all on Mino Raiola's books... has that always been the case to your knowledge?

Might explain why none of them have been picked up yet given he's an absolute weapon to deal with lol  

I only knew of Stengs and Boadu being with him but it explains a lot. Incidentally both are having quite poor seasons so far!

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I only knew of Stengs and Boadu being with him but it explains a lot. Incidentally both are having quite poor seasons so far!

Yeah noticed AZ have been a bit hit and miss. Almost the opposite to us in that they have drawn too many games lol 

Yeah was just having a look through, he's got an awful lot of dutch talent, Gravenberch also. 

Edited by AjcW

On 06/12/2020 at 15:14, Ric Flair said:

Kamal Sowah very similar sort of player who if we get a work permit will be here next season. 6 goals and 3 assists in 14 games in a decent standard of football.

...just looking at Olise on Youtube.... he looks much better than Sowah!!!

He looks king he is in slow motion when he has the ball and you get the impression there is no situation that he cannot dribble his way out of.

With players like this, you look for end product, slipping people in or the vision to spread the play after spinning out of a congested area. He seems to have the vision and the sense when to release the ball, the next question would be do we need another flair player or do we need to get in that midfield enforcer/General to give balance to the team.

If we are selling Maddison next, then it is a no brainer.

To be fair if we get European football again, I'd like to see us tempt Palace with a bid for Eze in the summer.

They'd hold out for a big wedge but he looks like a player who can step up again.

He's a London lad, though, so he might not want to come but if we prove we're aiming for regular European football then we could tempt him.

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

To be fair if we get European football again, I'd like to see us tempt Palace with a bid for Eze in the summer.

They'd hold out for a big wedge but he looks like a player who can step up again.

He's a London lad, though, so he might not want to come but if we prove we're aiming for regular European football then we could tempt him.

Theres nothing that Eze is showing now that he wasnt at QPR. His talent was well known, if we didnt go for  him then, we wont now. 

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Theres nothing that Eze is showing now that he wasnt at QPR. His talent was well known, if we didnt go for  him then, we wont now. 

Just out of interest why is it you think that? Apart from the obvious fact that he said doing it in the prem not the championship I think he’s doing really well this season. Ive seen a lot of this boy and think he’s quality. He’s been more central at Palace, dropping deeper and almost playing as an #8 at times, dictating play. Less of a direct winger, prem might suit him better having that extra bit of time on the ball. Watch him closely next palace game see what you think. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I see what you're saying but there's always going to be wariness when taking a player from a lower level. It worked for us with Maddison, for example, but it's by no means certain that a hyped player will step up.

If you look at Ziyech as well, his talent was known for a long, long time but it was only last window that a club from one of the top 5 European leagues took the risk.

Sometimes it pays to see how these players will fare at a higher level or if they can do it their current level season after season before making the move.

If Eze continues as he's started this campaign, there will be clubs having a nibble.

Edited by ALC Fox

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Just out of interest why is it you think that? Apart from the obvious fact that he said doing it in the prem not the championship I think he’s doing really well this season. Ive seen a lot of this boy and think he’s quality. He’s been more central at Palace, dropping deeper and almost playing as an #8 at times, dictating play. Less of a direct winger, prem might suit him better having that extra bit of time on the ball. Watch him closely next palace game see what you think. 

50 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I see what you're saying but there's always going to be wariness when taking a player from a lower level. It worked for us with Maddison, for example, but it's by no means certain that a hyped player will step up.

If you look at Ziyech as well, his talent was known for a long, long time but it was only last window that a club from one of the top 5 European leagues took the risk.

Sometimes it pays to see how these players will fare at a higher level or if they can do it their current level season after season before making the move.

If Eze continues as he's started this campaign, there will be clubs having a nibble.

I just think he was one similar to Benhrama, where the club would probably have been aware of him but for whatever reason felt there was better value elsewhere. It would be against our philosophy to ignore the potential and pay for the proven if that makes sense.  He has shown he is as good as what people thought he could be and I am sad we didnt go in, it just wont happen for the type of money a prem team would ask. 

I think most people at the time would have been saying it was a good signing for Palace so I think he's just doing as well as people expected. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looking at Olise on Youtube.... he looks much better than Sowah!!!

He looks king he is in slow motion when he has the ball and you get the impression there is no situation that he cannot dribble his way out of.

With players like this, you look for end product, slipping people in or the vision to spread the play after spinning out of a congested area. He seems to have the vision and the sense when to release the ball, the next question would be do we need another flair player or do we need to get in that midfield enforcer/General to give balance to the team.

If we are selling Maddison next, then it is a no brainer.

He certainly look a talent. Out of interest have you watched any of Leuven's games? There's very little up to date highlights of Sowah but this season he has really stepped up to a level that is consistently a good provider of players across the top leagues in Europe. Sowah looks like he's got it all, let's hope he can continue to improve and we get a work permit for him. We are hardly blessed with left footed attacking midfielders/wingers. 

On 06/12/2020 at 12:57, matty98 said:

Would love us to get someone like Joey Veerman in.

Proper midfielder that can do it all.

Loves to play through balls aswell, which is something our current midfielders don't do enough.

...just looked at the Veerman reel on Youtube!!!

Having watched the Olise reel and then watching Veerman, he is no way as exiting to watch as Olise. The big difference is Veerman would be much more valuable to the team, composure, vision , skill and maturity. He may be young but I think he is mature enough that, should he be running our midfield as play maker, he would not allow the team to go to bits due to frustration or form.He looks pretty special, just going by his demeanour, I would love to have him here.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He certainly look a talent. Out of interest have you watched any of Leuven's games? There's very little up to date highlights of Sowah but this season he has really stepped up to a level that is consistently a good provider of players across the top leagues in Europe. Sowah looks like he's got it all, let's hope he can continue to improve and we get a work permit for him. We are hardly blessed with left footed attacking midfielders/wingers. 

...I do get to watch Sowah now and again, watched the last game and he took his chance well!!

Guest Hansifüx

I could also imagine someone like Robin Koch from Leeds, who can play both CB or defensive midfield. I prefer him as defensive midfielder and he is one of the future players in the German team with still some potential to improve. 

28 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

With the injury news we've had, 2 CBs and a RB, pronto!

It's a left back we need due to injuries. JJ and Castagne can be right backs and JJ plus a new one for left back.

Agree on CB, would be happy with one though.

• Like 1