Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I haven't seen him play this year except for the French 21s, but his record is still 5 goals in 9 appearances. Is there actual evidence of him refusing to play?

Mahrez went missing for about an entire season after we won the league - he didn't score a goal from open play in the league for about 5-6 months. 

Tarkowski and Edouard both having 18 months left on their contract is an interesting one. We don't normally do business in jan but wonder whether we might fancy a dip with the amount of games we'll have to play.

I was talking more about 17/18 when he came back from his strike and played well but i guess youre right about 16/17, was good in cl that year though.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I was talking more about 17/18 when he came back from his strike and played well but i guess youre right about 16/17, was good in cl that year though.

I think comparing Mahrez and Edouard is a little bit like apples and oranges. Mahrez was one of the best players on the planet at the time and had no shortage of suitors. Edouard still has a lot to prove beyond Scotland and like I said all we've had is one derisory bid from a middling bundesliga club. It's killing his prospects of getting a good move as much as it's killing Celtic's form at the moment so it's in hs interests to get the finger out. If he does and we get rid of Lennon he is that good he could win us the league on his own in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That game was two seasons ago and like you allude to it was to make him sign a contract. Again that was the reason he was in and around the first team this season so he'd sign another one, not on merit. It was painful watching him play pre-season as he looked like a little boy playing a mans game. It's nothing to do with ability he's simply not physically ready, despite what you say for someone his age his decision makng in terms of going at players and when to pass it is actually excellent for someone so young, I've seen enough of him to say that pretty confidently.

We hav an American kid called Cameron Harper who is playing ahead of him in the development squad who looks to be a better prospect than him as things stand at the moment.

...so when are you selling him to Leicester then?

• Haha 1

Tarks to replace Morgan.

If we end up with European football again I'd like another striker to replace Slimani. Ideally someone that can hold up the ball well, but with a bit of physicality about them. Not sure if Edouard would be that man, but potentially? Got to save Vardy for the EPL games and the big European games too, can't have him playing in the group stage fodder all the time.

Would I be shot down for saying Antonio might be a good shout from that list? 

Big, strong and pacey, transformed into a decent striker option and fits into my desire to get more solid 7/10 players into the squad! Also plays in a tonne of positions like Castagne

Having said that I think he'll sign another contract there if they have a good season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Big, strong and pacey, transformed into a decent striker option and fits into my desire to get more solid 7/10 players into the squad! Also plays in a tonne of positions like Castagne

Having said that I think he'll sign another contract there if they have a good season.

I'd love him here, but think we'll go for someone much younger as a long term successor to Vardy. Antonio is a bully and is hard to play against, good player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

On a free I'd 100% take him. Problem being that West Ham are likely to offer him a new deal and if he refuses, foreign teams can sign him on a pre contract in Jan. If he refuses to stay at West Ham or they dont offer him a new deal, I'd chuck a £10m bid in in January. Hed be a great asset for the rest of the season, especially in Europe and the dildo brothers would rather bag £10m than him leave for nothing. 

Edited by jayfox26

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

The oft mentioned plan b player. Great shout, as he fits plan a too.

Could the training ground and plans for the stadium entice a couple of those big names? Or would they prefer to slum it at Liverpool’s £50m training ground. I think with the loss of revenue from covid etc and a great list of out of contract players never seen before of that quality! This summer window would be the best opportunity to sign a couple and spend £0 on transfer fees. 

7 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Could the training ground and plans for the stadium entice a couple of those big names? Or would they prefer to slum it at Liverpool’s £50m training ground. I think with the loss of revenue from covid etc and a great list of out of contract players never seen before of that quality! This summer window would be the best opportunity to sign a couple and spend £0 on transfer fees. 

Shiny new training facility or not, there is absolutely no chance a player is ever choosing to join us over Liverpool.

11 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I do wonder if we’ve got much to spend at all, or will it take a player sale or a load of loan deals instead?

I would imagine being heavy up there in the table at Christmas plus qualifying through the group in the Europa will give the owners some confidence as well as a vaccine and the notion that by the summer we will get some fans back in stadiums.

I think we will go for a wide forward who can play on the left side if one of our targets is available and probably spend the cash on a defender. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t Tarkowski who isn’t signing a new contract so we’ll likely get him now for sub 30million.

I’d love us to sign Antonio.

Edited by Nick

Would imagine Gray, Slimani and maybe Choudhury will go (depends on the impact on the EL squad id imagine).

Then fuchs and Morgan will likely leave in the summer so that's a lot of players to replace.

We still need about 5 players if we really want to compete so it'll probably be a case of where we feel we need resources most. I can't see them not doing anything particularly now as the cost of the training ground is clear and there looks like there is a road map to getting fans back so less financially uncertain.

55 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Would imagine Gray, Slimani and maybe Choudhury will go (depends on the impact on the EL squad id imagine).

Then fuchs and Morgan will likely leave in the summer so that's a lot of players to replace.

We still need about 5 players if we really want to compete so it'll probably be a case of where we feel we need resources most. I can't see them not doing anything particularly now as the cost of the training ground is clear and there looks like there is a road map to getting fans back so less financially uncertain.

The return of fans will put a base under transfer prices .... I guess it depends which European clubs still need the money and which don’t - plus buying a young non U.K. born player like a fofana now becomes v difficult