Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

All these names thrown in here... could it just be that we're actually targeting players like Chalobah and AMN during this window due to the uncertainties around Brexit and how the work permits work? We've had one major transfer gaffe happen to us, so I can absolutely imagine the club playing safe this time. 

• Like 1

There's a time to be cautious and then there's a time to just take a punt on a loan deal. This scenario is the second one. Surely there's at least one out of favour (but talented) striker and / or CAM about that someone wants off their wages.. look at Willian José going to wolves, he was more out of favour due to wanting to move for a few years, not due to his record which is actually semi decent at sociedad. I can't believe that we wouldn't be able to find one player that adds to the squad...

4 minutes ago, shen said:

All these names thrown in here... could it just be that we're actually targeting players like Chalobah and AMN during this window due to the uncertainties around Brexit and how the work permits work? We've had one major transfer gaffe happen to us, so I can absolutely imagine the club playing safe this time. 

Could be but we've seen other European transfers go through fine, odegaard, Willian José to name two. I'd be questioning the ability of our staff if that's what's holding them back..

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

There's a time to be cautious and then there's a time to just take a punt on a loan deal. This scenario is the second one. Surely there's at least one out of favour (but talented) striker and / or CAM about that someone wants off their wages.. look at Willian José going to wolves, he was more out of favour due to wanting to move for a few years, not due to his record which is actually semi decent at sociedad. I can't believe that we wouldn't be able to find one player that adds to the squad...

This is failing to recognise that

• Maddison starts if fit
  • Vardy is out for 1 more week and will start when back

Who wants to come here and be certain to be on the bench?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Could be but we've seen other European transfers go through fine, odegaard, Willian José to name two. I'd be questioning the ability of our staff if that's what's holding them back..

I'm just guessing here, since I don't see why we would reportedly show interest in either AMN or Chalobah during this window otherwise. Are these really just Bennett-type loans, i.e. clearly backup and will be lucky to get more than 2-3 games, mainly in the cup?

Throwing this out there... Talk of AMN and Chalobah are additional's to the attacking midfielder? Perhaps Brendan is looking for an energetic defensive midfielder to potentially come in. Mendy has proven whilst tidy he does not possess the aggression Wilf has, and we lose a huge part of our game when both he and Vardy are out... So maybe he is looking for another option in that position? 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is failing to recognise that

• Maddison starts if fit
  • Vardy is out for 1 more week and will start when back

Who wants to come here and be certain to be on the bench?

Maybe you're right, with praet getting injured so late in the window we couldn't have made that assurance of game time to a CAM before now. Summer we need to get the illusive striker position looked at..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Throwing this out there... Talk of AMN and Chalobah are additional's to the attacking midfielder? Perhaps Brendan is looking for an energetic defensive midfielder to potentially come in. Mendy has proven whilst tidy he does not possess the aggression Wilf has, and we lose a huge part of our game when both he and Vardy are out... So maybe he is looking for another option in that position? 

Don't do this to yourself...

It's the hope that kills you!

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I'm just guessing here, since I don't see why we would reportedly show interest in either AMN or Chalobah during this window otherwise. Are these really just Bennett-type loans, i.e. clearly backup and will be lucky to get more than 2-3 games, mainly in the cup?

Yeah I think so, has to be a emergency kind of signing for the worst case scenario as you say, the trouble with that being it's potentially replacing the quality of praet with just a body to make the numbers up, better than nothing maybe

21 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Yeah I think so, has to be a emergency kind of signing for the worst case scenario as you say, the trouble with that being it's potentially replacing the quality of praet with just a body to make the numbers up, better than nothing maybe

I think that’s what Bennett’s signing was to most of us at the time . We didn’t expect him either a)to play in some massive games b) be so totally dogshit 

I expect ( has been said) to see a loan without much expectation of playing time pending Dennis’ return . If DP is likely to be out for the season it might be smarter to pay a loan fee for a better player for the remainder of the season as there are still potentially loads of games left 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

I think that’s what Bennett’s signing was to most of us at the time . We didn’t expect him either a)to play in some massive games b) be so totally dogshit 

I expect ( has been said) to see a loan without much expectation of playing time pending Dennis’ return . If DP is likely to be out for the season it might be smarter to pay a loan fee for a better player for the remainder of the season as there are still potentially loads of games left 

Dennis Praet is out for 3 months apparently, so we need a player that can impact the first team imo

• Like 1

I just want the window to draw to a conclusion with our dream signing ( whoever it may be) holding up the shirt with a huge smile at around 6pm. I don’t want it to end with wishing the time away to cut off before we accidentally sign Vestergaard  or Townsend . Even worse -TV pictures of club staff running faxed documents back and forth only to end up missing the deadline :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I just want the window to draw to a conclusion with our dream signing ( whoever it may be) holding up the shirt with a huge smile at around 6pm. I don’t want it to end with wishing the time away to cut off before we accidentally sign Vestergaard  or Townsend . Even worse -TV pictures of club staff running faxed documents back and forth only to end up missing the deadline :thumbup:

Vestergaard's good now, isn't he?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Bruce appears to be damping down the Hamza talk . He’s admitted to interest in the player but saying he has several  other options under consideration 

Which is exactly what BR done with Chalobah tbf. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

He’s not as crap as we thought , but they were asking over 20 million and that might have taken away the imperative of subsequently signing Wes 

Yeah, I'm glad we got Fofana, instead, but I can think of much worse players we could sign. That's all.

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

🥺🥺🥺🤞🤞

Screams an anti Leicester signing but hope so

"However, those inquiries are said to have come to an end, with the former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker keen to land a longer contract."  :(

Edited by LCFCCHRIS