Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Chelsea have ruled it out:

Really tough transfer window - teams don't want to let players go given how many injuries teams have had. Also, the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea won't loan to us, or very unlikely to because we're seen as a rival. 

Feel for Fabrizio. He literally exists in football to report transfers and he's spent the window tweeting about things that aren't going to happen.

• Haha 2

This fella would surely be a better bet than Chalobah, (even if we couldn't get it over the line now - we should have done it earlier).

21, 5'11, wins the ball back a lot. Lens couldn't hold out for much.

1733723446_Screenshot2021-02-01at13_17_57.thumb.png.04ba801d31a73f58714c59b062931faf.png

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This fella would surely be a better bet than Chalobah, (even if we couldn't get it over the line now - we should have done it earlier).

21, 5'11, wins the ball back a lot. Lens couldn't hold out for much.

1733723446_Screenshot2021-02-01at13_17_57.thumb.png.04ba801d31a73f58714c59b062931faf.png

392309751_Screenshot2021-02-01at13_30_47.thumb.png.9f28bee8745505d0ed08b02d560717ca.png1675682750_Screenshot2021-02-01at13_31_02.png.e12f8c2da36c54ba86703f8dd5d70a5a.png976541111_Screenshot2021-02-01at13_31_35.thumb.png.fd07d507bd08fa75c50d499cc567184c.png

On 23/01/2021 at 16:08, Ric Flair said:

Brais Mendez - we wanted him 2 years ago when he burst on the scene at Celta. Scored on his debut for Spain and then a mixture of injury and poor form last season has led to him being somewhat forgotten. Celta are exactly the sort of team we could target during the pandemic.

Kang-In Lee - another left footed attacking midfielder like Mendes who could play as an 8, 10 or even a right winger which helps us with our issues of finding along term solution for that position. 

Otavio - the obvious choice given we've been linked with him and his contract is up in the summer. Assists machine and very much fits the style of play. My number one pick.

Rodrigo De Paul - would cost a lot from Udinese but a loan with an obligation to buy could be a legitimate option and he was linked with us last summer. 

Suat Serdar - was unreal last season for Schalke. They are the bins this season and we ought to pick them off by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Classy player whos strong (box to box) and who scores goals too.

Ozan Tufan - like Serdar he is more of a box to box player than my first few suggestions but he'd be brilliant here. Goals, assists and a bastard.

Puig - could we get Barca to let us have him? Talk last summer was they would sell him outright, but a loan probably more likely if available.

Mohammed Ihattaren - PSV wonderkid who I think is gettable due to the sheer number of other attack minded players they have. Would cost a fee that's a bit of a punt (£20-25m) but is the sort of player we'd go for.

Koopmeiners - started out as a defensive midfielder for AZ but he has become so influential in midfield he can play further forward. Loves a goal 

De Ketelaere and Verschaeren both very talented Belgian attacking midfielders, for that reason alone we should be in for them.

Jesper Lindstrom - the new transfer rules might make this one difficult but he is the heir to Christan Eriksen's throne as Denmark's playmaker. He is my uncut diamond.

Ric you forgot to include Chalobah! :P

• Haha 1

Whilst dissapointing in some ways the message from club is relatively clear at least. We have what we have and if they finish 1st or 10th, that's our choice.

It's not a dig, I didnt expect a striker in permanently but I am surprised they have resisted the urge to target a loan. The potential riches of UCL and lesser extent EL are too big to ignore. This season is so tight that a team in our position could finish outside the top 7 with poor luck on injuries/lack of backup/poor form. It's the same for others as well. 

I think we now have to respect the club on its limitations rather than digging it out every week until May, based on a missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I thought everyone knew “Top 6” in sky speak don’t include us 

It does when they can use our current position to get clicks, it’s probably either us or West Ham, since they said “top 6” rather than “big 6” 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The same board who have shelved out 100m on the new training facilities. 
I know it’s frustrating but please come on. 

i dont think anyone was expecting casemiro or anyone like that, but someone of premier league standard given that we are chasing top 4 and very injury prone sadly. this isnt good enough and theres no excuse for it. especially given the fact that hamza is better than chalobah

• Like 1