Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, agree he's said one or two things like that but sounds like he was misquoted on being confident of signing an attacking midfielder. Looks like was asked about a 'midfielder' generally, although doesn't look like that's going well either! 

He wasn't when misquoted, he's been banging on about an "attacking midfielder" for weeks, and then serves up this....  

I know we like to keep things hidden and quiet but the fact we haven't even been linked to what we'd call an attacking midfielder today is worrying, especially given Rodgers has specifically said attacking midfielder. He distanced himself by saying 'the club' are working hard, but either Chalobah is the attacking midfielder or I guess you could loosely class  Maitland-Niles as one, or we really have managed to keep our attempts to sign someone quiet and we'll never know who it was if it doesn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

:ph34r:

Read that a top 6 club was after him... absolutely had to be West Ham lol

He is a typical West Ham signing, previously a decent striker in the Premier League and now finding himself looking for a club, this is the definition of a West Ham Transfer!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Huh? We need a cover for Praet because he's injured. 

I agree. I quoted someone taking about signing chalobah and recalling KDH as if they are related. I didn't say we didn't need cover for praet but that Chalobah isn't being brought in to do that. He's clearly being brought in to allow hamza to leave.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I agree. I quoted someone taking about signing chalobah and recalling KDH as if they are related. I didn't say we didn't need cover for praet but that Chalobah isn't being brought in to do that. He's clearly being brought in to allow hamza to leave.

Oh, sorry got you. 

• Like 1

Disappointing that we couldn’t get any of our targets (Eriksen, AMN & the how-did-he-get-mentioned-in-the-same-breath lad from Watford) over the line. January notoriously difficult but you’d have hoped at least one of the targets would have been gettable. Brendan sounded confident yesterday, only to back track to 50:50 today.

Before the window, I didn't think there would be signings.  I stupidly followed the threads.  Expectations rose.  Disappointment followed.

I am not missing Slimani or Gray yet.

I am looking forward to the window slamming shut, so I can focus worrying about the Fulham game.

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Should've just paid Eriksen's salary with Demarai's cash in.

There should be some cash about.  Demari's fee + the balance of Slimani's salary + the balance of Demari's salary = a decent down payment on someone.  I'm done beating the dead Faivre horse now.

• Like 1