Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

In order to play straight away they need to come from these shores and as I’m refusing to believe it’s Chalobah, you hear me Brendan no, I’m thinking it might be someone from Celtic but not McGregor so as an out of the box thought, what about Ryan Christie he plays the 3 attacking midfield positions and has played as a striker only 1yr left on contract?

If we are struggling so badly to get anyone in, could we not just pay the loan fee back to Luton and get KDH back? I'm not sure what the deal is with his loan but surely he would be a better option than the likes of Chalobah. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

In order to play straight away they need to come from these shores and as I’m refusing to believe it’s Chalobah, you hear me Brendan no, I’m thinking it might be someone from Celtic but not McGregor so as an out of the box thought, what about Ryan Christie he plays the 3 attacking midfield positions and has played as a striker only 1yr left on contract?

He isn't good enough. 

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Really can't see Celtic letting any 1st team players leave this late in the window unless it's for a high fee which we just wont pay. Its only going to be loans coming in and celtic gain nothing from loaning out one of their best players. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He isn't good enough. 

I concur. If we were aiming for a middle of the table finish (like a Burnley or a Newcastle) I'd have him here in a heartbeat. As such, we are in the upper echelons and as such we need to be going for players of that level.

He's not been mentioned, and I know he's had an iffy few years but I've always liked the look of Javier Pastore. I think he'd be the kind Rodgers would relish "fixing" and he can certainly turn it on when he's in the mood.

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He isn't good enough. 

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Really can't see Celtic letting any 1st team players leave this late in the window unless it's for a high fee which we just wont pay. Its only going to be loans coming in and celtic gain nothing from loaning out one of their best players. 

Just clutching at straws guys & trying to bury Chalobah’s name under a few others, Chalobah doesn’t make sense anyway as more defensive so probably is Maitland-Niles

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not that I think we will sign any of them, I think Celtic will gladly sell anyone. 

It's looking likely they will write the season off and put a few caretaker managers in place till the end of the season so I could easily see them raising funds for a new manager and transfer budget in the summer. 

39 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Christie isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Will Newcastle after Gueye that tells me they don’t think they’ll be getting Choudhury, thus we won’t be getting this attacking midfielder. 

Or that agents are chatting to push through other deals to allow them to get Hamza?

14 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Surely someone's on the wind up if this "Attacking" player is Chalobah. He's scored 1 goal since he signed permanently for Watford 3 seasons ago and that was in the championship lol

About as attacking as Papy Mendy 

Less, and no, I’m not kidding.  He’s a body, but absolutely offers zilch attacking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I love how folks think Chelsea is just going to help us out of the goodness in their hearts. lol

Even if they did they would want us to pay all his wages (~£100k) and then probably a loan fee on top, not a chance for someone who is still in and around the matchday squad