Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers has specifically said “attacking midfielder” so far we have been linked to none.... which makes me think (hope) that it will be a name we were linked with early in the window. 

I just find it hard to believe the press wouldn't have picked something up in the last few days. Rodgers usually down plays potential signings even when its been reported elsewhere has nigh on finalised and yet he has consistently said we are getting an attacking midfielder. Very unusual and I hope we aren't left very disappointed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I just find it hard to believe the press wouldn't have picked something up in the last few days. Rodgers usually down plays potential signings even when its been reported elsewhere has nigh on finalised and yet he has consistently said we are getting an attacking midfielder. Very unusual and I hope we aren't left very disappointed.

It could be a high profile signing?

People talk about where we need cover for we need someone who can play wide left too. Who plays there if Barnes needs a rest? 

Ideally we want an attacking midfielder who can play across the pitch and then we need another to replace/upgrade Hamza who can play in Tielemans position. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If we're looking at Arsenal, would Joe Willock be a better option. At least he plays central, has a goal in him but I don't know if Arsenal would let him go. 

was thinking this so checked the Arsenal fans opinions...

image.png.61b28f1263c59bf1d862d3f04d7889f9.png

46 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

People talk about where we need cover for we need someone who can play wide left too. Who plays there if Barnes needs a rest? 

Ideally we want an attacking midfielder who can play across the pitch and then we need another to replace/upgrade Hamza who can play in Tielemans position. 

Albrighton or maybe Ricardo, with Under on the right. We also have the option of 3 at the back, meaning we don't need any wingers. It's not a problem.

I think we just need a CM who can cover Youri and Maddison. A decent backup striker would be nice, but I can't see it happening.

We were very loosely linked to Malinovskyi from Atalanta who is an attacking mid a few weeks ago, they have signed Kovalenko in this window and have Miranchuk who plays there with few minutes as well as Pasalic returning to fitness. Wouldn’t shock me at all if his name gets thrown in.

Someone is clearly signing, and they are an attacking midfielder. Otherwise Brendan wouldn't have been so positive about it.... Perhaps they completed a deal over the weekend and we've somehow kept it from the media.... Just clutching at straws here.