Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The same board who have shelved out 100m on the new training facilities. 
I know it’s frustrating but please come on. 

Yet aren't willing to get in some quality players on loan when we need them...

What's the point of fancy facilities without the quality?

Edited by TheF1Bob

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

i dont think anyone was expecting casemiro or anyone like that, but someone of premier league standard given that we are chasing top 4 and very injury prone sadly. this isnt good enough and theres no excuse for it. especially given the fact that hamza is better than chalobah

I agree but it is difficult. Look at Liverpool signing a cb from Preston. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Guess who's just landed in the country... It's time to bring him home.

p90714.png

lol

Is he finally turning up for his West Brom trial that was supposed to have been done 2 weeks ago

So this transfer makes me feel how I felt after the Fulham, Villa, and Leeds game.

Shows a lack of ambition and that the club are happy to take a chance at getting a nice league position.

The club isn't skint the funds are there I understand about being cautious and you need to be in January but there is no point to this what so ever.

Loan out a better player in Hamza and get him in...... its just ****ing bizarre 

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

You look at United getting Bruno Fernandes this time last season and it turned the club around.

Can't help but feel we've had a massive opportunity to do the same and give the lift to seal the deal for top 4.

Dissapointing

Probably helps they had £70m they could throw at him

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So this transfer makes me feel how I felt after the Fulham, Villa, and Leeds game.

Shows a lack of ambition and that the club are happy to take a chance at getting a nice league position.

The club isn't skint the funds are there I understand about being cautious and you need to be in January but there is no point to this what so ever.

Loan out a better player in Hamza and get him in...... its just ****ing bizarre 

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we have funds available to go out and spend on players

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we have funds available to go out and spend on players

There is absolutly nothing to suggest that we don't either..

The likely hood of it is that the club is still extremely wealthy but trying to be safe and smart. I understand that 💯

But this talk that the club is skint is nonsense the owners haven't put any money into the club in years because its self sufficient.

Could of got Erickson for the 4m in wages for the 6 months that would of made much more sense and a drop in the ocean.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

There is absolutly nothing to suggest that we don't either..

The likely hood of it is that the club is still extremely wealthy but trying to be safe and smart. I understand that 💯

But this talk that the club is skint is nonsense the owners haven't put any money into the club in years because its self sufficient.

Could of got Erickson for the 4m in wages for the 6 months that would of made much more sense and a drop in the ocean.

Yes the club is self-sufficient, but we are quite literally going through a money draining pandemic and have just dropped £100m on a training ground, why do you seem to think there is a massive pot of money when we just put the main part of our income (TV money) towards the training ground

Just look at the current landscape of the transfer window and see that barely anyone is spending money, its not like we aren't the only ones not spending whilst everyone else is going out and buy players

To get Eriksen until the end of the season it would more likely cost around £6.5m (300k x 22 weeks until 30th June)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes the club is self-sufficient, but we are quite literally going through a money draining pandemic and have just dropped £100m on a training ground, why do you seem to think there is a massive pot of money when we just put the main part of our income (TV money) towards the training ground

Just look at the current landscape of the transfer window and see that barely anyone is spending money, its not like we aren't the only ones not spending whilst everyone else is going out and buy players

To get Eriksen until the end of the season it would more likely cost around £6.5m (300k x 22 weeks until 30th June)

I wholeheartedly admire your dedication to the education of others :appl:

Rather shamefully I decided, f**k that some hours ago  :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tbf if its chalobah or nothing, just don't invest and concentrate on the striker in the summer. I am disappointed we haven't invested but with Covid, it is at least understandable. I hope though that we prioritise top 4 or the cups though as we go for it all and we will burn out, especially with 4 or 5 injuries at present.