Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 4-0 Braga - Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Anybody else notice the reluctance by the by commentators to even mention the name Fuchs. 

I missed the first half an hour and only realised he was playing when I looked at the team at half time. 

Noticed 2nd half then how they hardly mentioned his name, never acknowledging when he had the ball and the only time he was mentioned was when he fired a pass up the line to Barnes. 

Hilarious

He got decent praise for the first Kelechi goal thanks to his throw-in...

50 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Fantastic, so proud of everyone on the pitch. Iheanacho, what an effort. Choudhury bossed it, and Thomas is so composed for such a young lad, he's going to go far at this rate

Thomas's  composure  on the ball is exceptional, with the Experience Fuchs supporting him , his  Advancement will come quicker than many fans expected...!!

5 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Anybody else notice the reluctance by the by commentators to even mention the name Fuchs. 

I missed the first half an hour and only realised he was playing when I looked at the team at half time. 

Noticed 2nd half then how they hardly mentioned his name, never acknowledging when he had the ball and the only time he was mentioned was when he fired a pass up the line to Barnes. 

Hilarious

I noticed the commentator kept talking about some guy called Ian Atcha. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

And yet players like James Maddison and Harvey Barnes are left out of the England squad by Gareth Southgate.

Oh well, our country's loss is our gain yet again. Am unbelievably excited to see how far our team can go in the Europa League. Quarter Finals at the very least.

Did anybody else hear the commentator early on state that it just shows how strong England is that Maddison and Barnes both missed out... And not reply that it doesn't show that at all you wankspangle, it is because the squad is shit and the manager is a ****ing primary school pe teacher? 

Me neither! 

• Haha 2

Great to see Nacho taking his opportunity to shine. I've felt for him since the beginning of the season, for example. when Barnes was being started upfront in his place against Arsenal. It seemed like Bredan just didn't trust him. However it's now starting to become clear that the management team are planning several matches ahead, and using the squad accordingly. The fact we have won 4 difficult matches on the trot with 4-5 key players missing shows that we have to back the manager at the moment, even when the first half we're all asking 'WTF is Bredan doing?'. The man clearly has a plan.

Great for Nacho today.

The litmus test coming up is two tough matches, Wolves this weekend, followed by Liverpool. If we can get 4 points out of these two fixtures, we really have to consider ourselves as contenders this season, and we will have undone the hoo-doo that killed us off last season with a two match knockout blow against Man City and Liverpool over Christmas, that we never really recovered our confidence from.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Its a bit like 2016 when for a month after the title win i woke up terrified I'd dreamt it and it wasn't true. What a time for our club.

8 hours ago, M0901 said:

I’m still looking for the poster that said we’d be in a relegation battle at the end of the season........ come on, own up, who was it??

Great again. When the missing lot come back... my God. I’m buzzing 💙

Me....that was me...(and many more im sure). I'm so happy I've no f-ing clue what I'm talking about 😅

53 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

It's like supporting a really good team.

Quality performance that. 

Yes it does feel strange. Players coming in and doing a great job. Flexibility of formation. Real desire and will to win - I'm starting to think that last seasons collapse has really galvanised the squad and Brendan appears to be much more flexible. 

Hate to say (as I'm a known jinx) it but we look the absolute business at times. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Yes it does feel strange. Players coming in and doing a great job. Flexibility of formation. Real desire and will to win - I'm starting to think that last seasons collapse has really galvanised the squad and Brendan appears to be much more flexible. 

Hate to say (as I'm a known jinx) it but we look the absolute business at times. 

All about managing our expectations, which as you say, includes plenty of the "jinx" theory.

2nd half of the season 19-20 syndrome still sits high amongst our anticipations and anxieties. 

And that's why the fun and privilege of supporting of Leicester is so whacked out!

• Like 1