Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 4-0 Braga - Post Match Thread

willy pullers, my original post was in the other post match thread, it got deleted!

That was an unbelievable performance against an experienced Braga side. The squad depth looks ridiculous, even with all these injuries and I think the 3 summer signings are key to that, it's allowed us to save players like Albrighton and Morgan, use them sparingly and keep them fresh. Unders pace on the break gives teams something to think about, whereas with someone like Perez they know they can just stand goal side of him and he won't beat them for pace or on the break.

Iheanacho was quality, with him performing like that it allows us to rest Vardy and keep him fresh for the PL games, which is a great help. Special mention to Hamza too, thought he played really well tonight, as did Thomas. Fofana looks quality, I said we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves but that's about 5 solid games in a row now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I’m still looking for the poster that said we’d be in a relegation battle at the end of the season........ come on, own up, who was it??

Great again. When the missing lot come back... my God. I’m buzzing 💙

I wouldnt have put it past us and west ham and villa was certainly an ugly reminder of how bad we can be.

Right now we are flying (again) and im only looking up.

:riyad:

Absolutely joyful to watch us. We kill the soul of our opposition week after week and then go for them and really the score could have been anything.

Special mentions for Hamza and Thomas who I thought were near on perfect today.

Fofana is ridiculously good. Maddison the catalyst for everything and Justin was so good, he is really a key part of this shape right now. 

Brendan Rodgers is one of the best man managers around, to get the best out of every player in the squad, keep them hungry and taking their chances when they come along is a huge credit to him. I reckon we could give Celtic reserves a run for their money soon!

Outstanding second half, decent enough first half but definitely stepped it up.

Choudhury brilliant tonight, been a critic of him but was great tonight. Maybe the less frantic European football suits him defensively. We're also not replying on him to get on the ball currently. 

Thomas, Tielemans, Justin quietly effective. Maddison frustrates but he has real quality. Iheanacho just makes things happen somehow.

Bit of fortune with the goals, deflections and lucky bounces but our football deserved a bit fortune. 

Great bit of momentum. 

• Like 1

A point against Braga away probably seals top spot in the group at this stage, but on current evidence we could conceivably qualify for the KO stage with a 100% record. Absolutely dominant tonight with a huge performance from Nacho. Thomas also impressed.

It's also worth pointing out that, by the time the KO stage comes around, we'll hopefully have a fully fit squad. Not many will fancy playing us. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Outstanding second half, decent enough first half but definitely stepped it up.

Choudhury brilliant tonight, been a critic of him but was great tonight. Maybe the less frantic European football suits him defensively. We're also not replying on him to get on the ball currently. 

Thomas, Tielemans, Justin quietly effective. Maddison frustrates but he has real quality. Iheanacho just makes things happen somehow.

Bit of fortune with the goals, deflections and lucky bounces but our football deserved a bit fortune. 

Great bit of momentum. 

I've been critical of people being critical of Choudhury but that's an interesting point about European football suiting him.  He's like a fighter that gets easily drawn into a slug fest when he should sit back and point score

• Like 1