Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 3

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Plenty of vacated office space in the stadium. More hospitality or perhaps the promised museum? 

I think if the expansion etc goes ahead, it would be nice to see them add a supporters bar that’s open to anyone. Like spurs have done it can encourage people getting down early, watching the early kick offs and having some food/drink at the ground. 

Rather than just another members/hospitality bar.

I know that’s not the side getting done but I think they’ll try and give everywhere a refresh at the same time

Edited by AjcW

30 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think if the expansion etc goes ahead, it would be nice to see them add a supporters bar that’s open to anyone. Like spurs have done it can encourage people getting down early, watching the early kick offs and having some food/drink at the ground. 

I know that’s not the side getting done but I think they’ll try and give everywhere a refresh at the same time

That's an interesting thought. There's been a lot of speculation about being unable to expand the West Stand because of the glass front and the cost associated, but is there still a possibility of renovating the concourse and other areas? There's a lot of office/bar space that side that could be utilised so much better than it is now.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's an interesting thought. There's been a lot of speculation about being unable to expand the West Stand because of the glass front and the cost associated, but is there still a possibility of renovating the concourse and other areas? There's a lot of office/bar space that side that could be utilised so much better than it is now.

I don't think cost is an issue, within reason, with our owners. I wouldn't be surprised to see it knocked down and rebuilt over the next 5 years.

But I like that idea, that in the meantime the whole stand could be used as increased supporter facilities like bars etc

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’ll also really help with the increased traffic/flow of supporters. Having a space where people can gather and arrive over a longer period of time/leave over a longer period of time.

16 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Billy / UH

Do you know if the fanstore will be moved to the east stand? I heard it was gonna be made larger during initial rumours a year or 2 back

Looking at the leaked drawings/docs it's a stand alone fanstore pretty much where the current electricity building is, in the fanzone.

Edited by thesilverfox

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Killing off the city's boozers in the process, can't get my head around the idea of spending hours on end in the ground.

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Killing off the city's boozers in the process, can't get my head around the idea of spending hours on end in the ground.

I don’t think it would. But capacity in boozers around the ground is an issue. And having something that could take the strain at the ground (maybe even be a better environment for all the family?) wouldn’t be the worst idea...

Just now, AjcW said:

I don’t think it would. But capacity in boozers around the ground is an issue. And having something that could take the strain at the ground (maybe even be a better environment for all the family?) wouldn’t be the worst idea...

See the point re: families mate, that's fair. It's all cash that *could* be spent in the city though, and plenty of places rely on matchday trade - if you're getting to the ground at midday for a 3pm kick-off that's a lot of moolah being taken away from the town and given to the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

See the point re: families mate, that's fair. It's all cash that *could* be spent in the city though, and plenty of places rely on matchday trade - if you're getting to the ground at midday for a 3pm kick-off that's a lot of moolah being taken away from the town and given to the club.

If I was running the show I’d offer the contract out to one of the local pubs/breweries and also the catering to local street food/restaurants. 

Will never happen though! 

Think the last place I saw do something innovative like that was East Midlands Airport putting a castle rock in

• Like 1