Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vital-boost-leicester-citys-astonishing-4747601

Leicester City’s “astonishing” new training ground will provide a vital immediate boost to the squad as they get set to make the £100m facility their home.

City want to move into their new state-of-the-art base at Seagrave on Wednesday, December 9, council papers showed this week.

And if given the green light, City will have the facilities to ensure they get through the busy festive period in tip-top condition.

However, they still need Charnwood Borough Council to give them the go-ahead. Planning permission was only given provided City funded improvements to the A46 junction near the 185-acre site, but the club wants to move in before those adjustments have been made, on the proviso that players, staff, and other employees approach the training ground from a different route.

Rodgers said: “I think the benefits to it straight away will be that we’ll go into a world-class facility that will allow us to recover even better.

“We go into Seagrave where there’ll be pools, hydropools, cryotherapy, there’s going to be everything there in order to recover. That will be brilliant for us in this period where the games will be coming thick and fast.

“When we go into it, it will increase the standard and the level of everything. That was a big attraction to coming here. Going to a world-class training facility that allows you to develop and grow as a team.”

Long-term, Rodgers has previously said that Seagrave will help attract signings for City in the transfer windows, while he also believes it will help the club bridge the gap to the richer sides because it will help him develop each player.

Do you think we've considered asking for a temporary traffic management order to close the junction to right turns or would this upset Frank and his mates?

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Do you think we've considered asking for a temporary traffic management order to close the junction to right turns or would this upset Frank and his mates?

Frank's a bit too distracted by their neighbour's Christmas lights to notice anything the club do...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Frank's a bit too distracted by their neighbour's Christmas lights to notice anything the club do...

I think you’ve got that the wrong way round Urb …

His neighbors are calling that display “Frank’s Revenge".  20 times the candle power of the entire training complex.

Santa’s sleigh pulled by 8 animated newts should be the giveaway.

14 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

There was an earlier report that they've set up instructions to be relayed to all users of the site to not use the junction for right turns with posters around the training ground reinforcing the message as well as fines for all LCFC staff and players.

14 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Oh it does look good. One of the most picturesque training grounds I’ve ever seen.

So good.

Forget you're a Leicester fan for a second and just imagine being offered the chance to play at club A or club B.

Club A has Belvoir Drive as their training ground, Club B has this.

It'll be a huge factor. What a place to call work.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

David Rennie was ill
The day the earth stood still
But he told us where we stand
And Wes Morgan was there
In silver underwear
Claude Puel was the invisible man

then something went wrong

for Riyad and Simp-son
they got caught in a shakespearean jam

Then at a deadly pace

It came with Youri's face

and this how league was won

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

So good.

Forget you're a Leicester fan for a second and just imagine being offered the chance to play at club A or club B.

I think this is the main benefit of it, I'm not so sure the facilities improve these established players more so than the coaches themselves and thats why I've been so vocal aboit this new era coinciding with huge investment in the academy and making the operation feel like a long term systematic push at challenging the elite.

This last 5-6 years we have been the number 1 side in the midlands and I hope we have taken advantage of this in our recruitment of the best youngsters but I'm not sure we have. 

There's a set up in place at the new training ground where everything is geared up for the younger age groups to be seperate from the 1st team but with visibility of them as some sort of incentive and driving tool to aspire to become part of them, all well and good but the club continue to persist with the same management of the academy and seems completely out of sync with this golden era of our club.

I badly hope Rodgers manages to use his authority to make the changes needed but unlike Congerton, the academy is still Rudkin's and that would mean going above him and I can't see him or the board letting that happen as it would be seen as a dangerous precedent. Got to hope Rudkin or the board become serious about the benefits of one of the best academies in the country to match the first team. This recent pandemic and the huge knock effect to being able to continue to spend millions and millions on players, not to mention brexit are other reasons a conveyor belt of talent from the academy would be invaluable. Sadly that's still a pipedream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

So good.

If Club A is offering higher wages players are still going there I'm afraid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

If Club A is offering higher wages players are still going there I'm afraid.

But if its a similar amount then it gives us an adge, an edge we probably already have anyway over a fair amount of clubs as we pay well and are the best of the rest who seem to improve the majority of young players who come here. This might give us an edge over more European teams that still get the nod due to stature.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is the main benefit of it, I'm not so sure the facilities improve these established players more so than the coaches themselves and thats why I've been so vocal aboit this new era coinciding with huge investment in the academy and making the operation feel like a long term systematic push at challenging the elite.

This last 5-6 years we have been the number 1 side in the midlands and I hope we have taken advantage of this in our recruitment of the best youngsters but I'm not sure we have. 

There's a set up in place at the new training ground where everything is geared up for the younger age groups to be seperate from the 1st team but with visibility of them as some sort of incentive and driving tool to aspire to become part of them, all well and good but the club continue to persist with the same management of the academy and seems completely out of sync with this golden era of our club.

I badly hope Rodgers manages to use his authority to make the changes needed but unlike Congerton, the academy is still Rudkin's and that would mean going above him and I can't see him or the board letting that happen as it would be seen as a dangerous precedent. Got to hope Rudkin or the board become serious about the benefits of one of the best academies in the country to match the first team. This recent pandemic and the huge knock effect to being able to continue to spend millions and millions on players, not to mention brexit are other reasons a conveyor belt of talent from the academy would be invaluable. Sadly that's still a pipedream.

I would hope that regardless of the pandemic that we should be investing in young players every year to the extent that we take the pick of the bunch when ready for first team duties and that the best of the rest are good enough to be retained and loaned out or sold for profit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think everything is developing at the right pace personally. When you consider in the last 10 years the academy has produced 2 Premier League winners (King & Schlupp), 3 Championship winners (King/Schlupp, Moore), Chilwell sold for £50m (which would have been more if it weren't for the pandemic), and 3 players who have now scored in the Europa League (Hamza, Harvey and Luke Thomas) - we've produced all that with the facilities available at Belvoir Drive, just imagine what the next 10 years could bring with the world class facilities and unprecedented investment?

Not to mention with Trevor Peake retiring, there's a chance for some new blood to really put their all into developing a new generation.

This is so exciting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Have we a moving in date set yet or is there still loads of Red tape to go through?

We're waiting on Charnwood Borogh Council approving us to use it before the road improvement works are completed. If they approve that, December 9th - if not, it could be months!

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Our academy really isn't that bad is it? We've recently sold one of its recruits for £50m and had three playing in a Europa League match last week. 

It's completely out of sync with how we have evolved as a club in the last decade. 

• Like 1