Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 3

Thats going to be one hell of a stand if the capacity is to rise to 48k?? Id imagine to get to that capacity then that involves work both on the north and south stands then? 

Roughly guessing the west and east stands hold around 9k each, with the north and south stands 7k in each. To make our capacity 48k then that means the new East stand will hold 25k ish fans? That's bloody massive!!! And will dwarf the rest of the stadium, surely would have to be 3 tiered? 

I just can't see how we're getting an extra 16k from 1 stand 

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Old Traffords North Stand is 25.5k seats (4 tiers)

We can't possibly be adding an extra 16,000 to what's already there. Surely the stand already holds around 8-10,000 so the stand would have to be as big as Old Trafford's main stand. Adding an extra 8000 to 8-10,000 already there would be in line with what we've already heard. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I think this thread has gone off topic. 

Is it worth starting a new one or reopening an existing one? Need to keep this thread on Seagrave as that's still got a way to go. 

Come on mate, liven up. This thread has pictures of a training ground we'd never imagine we'd have, plans for a ground that we could only dream of (but that somehow seem believable). And if all of that isn't enough to get you excited, there's a recommendation of an actress :ph34r: to get you going. Best thread ever!

7 hours ago, Beechey said:

Only thing I can think of is that an owner can underwrite infrastructure spending. Goes again our recent model, but £200m+ is a step above what we're currently committing.

We didn't do it for the training ground so doubt we'd start doing it now, especially when the other arms of KP must be losing a lot of money.

I'm just a little worried that the benefits of a stadium expansion are proportionally much less for this size of investment, compared to the money spent on the training ground or on playing staff.

Already for next summer's transfer window we'll need to spend 25m on Under, plus a new CB and FB to replace the outgoing Morgan and Fuchs, plus replacements for any player sales.

If we've already agreed for the work to start in the summer and end up not making CL, I'd be concerned about what that meant for the summer budget (maybe promoting Knight and Thomas instead of buying replacements - risky), and possibly needing to sell more than one star player in the summer (again, risky in terms of destabilising the team).

Sorry to be a grump :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

We didn't do it for the training ground so doubt we'd start doing it now, especially when the other arms of KP must be losing a lot of money.

I'm just a little worried that the benefits of a stadium expansion are proportionally much less for this size of investment, compared to the money spent on the training ground or on playing staff.

Already for next summer's transfer window we'll need to spend 25m on Under, plus a new CB and FB to replace the outgoing Morgan and Fuchs, plus replacements for any player sales.

If we've already agreed for the work to start in the summer and end up not making CL, I'd be concerned about what that meant for the summer budget (maybe promoting Knight and Thomas instead of buying replacements - risky), and possibly needing to sell more than one star player in the summer (again, risky in terms of destabilising the team).

If it’s the owner investing for the expansion, then the club is still

ultimately self sufficient so transfer budget shouldn’t be affected. Considering the owners have been planning this for years indicates it doesn’t really have much to do with where we finish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

You’re not being a grump - it’s a relevant observation 

I would say that I don't see those running the club as being likely to build 16k extra seats and then reduce the quality of the squad so we become relegation candidates 

I would think that adding 10k onto the average gate will generate £7-£10m per season. Add onto that additional prawn sandwich capacity and you could easily stick on an extra few mill. So you could be looking to repay that 200m over twenty years max which is well within what is considered good financial planning. No need to affect squad recruitment. 

remember that the new training ground doesn’t actually generate income whereas the ground expansion does 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’re not being a grump - it’s a relevant observation 

I would say that I don't see those running the club as being likely to build 16k extra seats and then reduce the quality of the squad so we become relegation candidates 

I would think that adding 10k onto the average gate will generate £7-£10m per season. Add onto that additional prawn sandwich capacity and you could easily stick on an extra few mill. So you could be looking to repay that 200m over twenty years max which is well within what is considered good financial planning. No need to affect squad recruitment. 

remember that the new training ground doesn’t actually generate income whereas the ground expansion does 

Plus, of course, it makes us even more attractive to prospective joinees.

I have no doubt the stadium expansion will be great. I think we’ll also get safe standing. But I think the club will mess it up by putting the safe standing away from the away fans.

What this stand will do is displace L1 standers and they will want to be next to the away end wherever that is in the new layout. They won’t head to ‘the Kop’ or a corner near the south stand just because it has safe standing - their main motivation is the atmosphere next to the away end.

Shift the Family section to where Union FS are now, keep away fans in the North East corner and make the whole of the North Stand (currently the family stand) safe standing for all the displaced L1 people, Union FS and anyone in ‘the Kop’ that wants to stand.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I have no doubt the stadium expansion will be great. I think we’ll also get safe standing. But I think the club will mess it up by putting the safe standing away from the away fans.

What this stand will do is displace L1 standers and they will want to be next to the away end wherever that is in the new layout. They won’t head to ‘the Kop’ or a corner near the south stand just because it has safe standing - their main motivation is the atmosphere next to the away end.

Shift the Family section to where Union FS are now, keep away fans in the North East corner and make the whole of the North Stand (currently the family stand) safe standing for all the displaced L1 people, Union FS and anyone in ‘the Kop’ that wants to stand.

What is the ratio of people in a safe standing area as opposed seating. ie 3000 seats= how many safe standing?

56 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

So what you’re saying is switch the Family stand and the Kop?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Yeah I agree, typo for me though: "again" was supposed to read as "against". I don't think we'll be getting some crazy injection.

10 hours ago, brucey said:

I thought we only had an option to buy. I would say that he will need to show a lot more before we exercise that option

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I thought we only had an option to buy. I would say that he will need to show a lot more before we exercise that option

Or just sign thauvin on a free, Jovic on loan to buy and under for £25m! There will be plenty of great deals about with the pandemic financial situation about