Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Clearly suffering a bit confidence wise, first touch is miles off and is always looking for the safe option.

I don't think the wingback role suits him, and he knows it. Not quick enough and doesn't yet have the motor yet to get up and down all day. He plays much better as a full back where he can get involved in some interplay with a winger ahead of him.

If we do get another left back/wingback in, a loan next season is a must, and it'll do him the world of good. There is a lot to like in his game.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

Just now, Webbo said:

He wasnt to blame tonight, we don't need to single out individuals.

For me, that should be the basic mantra of supporting your team positively - by all means discuss and offer opinions, but singling out achieves nothing but bad feeling.

• Like 2

Just now, happy85 said:

Because Luke is the biggest weak link in the team. I know it harsh and he one of our own but our team suffer massively with Luke in the team. 

And just what does Ndidi offer in a game like today? How about holding Vardy accountable for spurning a sitter late on and the numerous losses of possession he had tonight? What about the poor long shots and lack of involvement of Maddison all game? What about Castagne failing to pick out a Leicester player from a cross a single time (he must have attempted 15 or so crosses all game) and stupidly fouling Armstrong in the lead up to their goal? What about Soyuncu nearly gifting a goal at the start? Kelechi for needlessly giving away a penalty?

What about giving credit to Thomas for making a vital interception early on and praising his completely committed attitude for once?

• Like 3

Luke Thomas was fine but struggling for confidence and not an attacking full back (which all full backs must be against 10)

Do a very few of us honestly have to teach so many of you these very simple things about football? How do some of you exist in the real world? 

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

And just what does Ndidi offer in a game like today? How about holding Vardy accountable for spurning a sitter late on and the numerous losses of possession he had tonight? What about the poor long shots and lack of involvement of Maddison all game? What about Castagne failing to pick out a Leicester player from a cross a single time (he must have attempted 15 or so crosses all game) and stupidly fouling Armstrong in the lead up to their goal? What about Soyuncu nearly gifting a goal at the start? Kelechi for needlessly giving away a penalty?

What about giving credit to Thomas for making a vital interception early on and praising his completely committed attitude for once?

Im not talking about tonight game 

Luke not ready for this leveL

YET

hopefully BR can improve him attacking wise but my god we are suffering on that side

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

But you play Albrighton you have to move Castagne. His best performance of the season was last in the last two games on the right. 

Albrighton on either side offers more going forward than Thomas. Against Saints and Toon, that’s a no-brainer, for me. Saints has gone. This is now cup final mentality. We need to win two of our last 4 - the next one looking the best bet. I’m clear in my mind who offers the most in that pursuit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shen said:

All of the players are proven match winners. So they are given slack.  

I'm more worried that the manager sees an obviously weaker player as a better bet than ricardo. That's very troubling for Ricky's prospects 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He wasnt to blame tonight, we don't need to single out individuals.

I agree, some of the comments are actually laughable to be honest. Could someone tell me what Timmy or albrighton offered that was different to Thomas? 

Timmy did a silly foul and Southampton score from this? If Thomas did the same thing he would have been hammered as he was in the arsenal game. 

No player can walk away from this game with any credit, we were poor across the park yet I just knew that somehow Thomas would get the blame and I absolutely knew the first person to comment would be happy. 

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Well if it nonsense wonder why the club looking at a LB

Because we only have 1 player in our entire squad who is a natural at left back and seeing as JJ isn't going to be playing any football for us until probably 2022?

Or would you prefer for us to go into a champions league campaign with just Castagne, Ricardo, and Thomas?

Especially with how uncomfortable Castagne seems to be on that side and how off the pace Ricardo seems to be.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Im not talking about tonight game 

Luke not ready for this leveL

YET

hopefully BR can improve him attacking wise but my god we are suffering on that side

Ah, deflection. Of course we're talking about tonight's game! You started out by talking about his performance tonight - judging player performances in games is all we can do. You are being overcritical about Thomas when you could equally have singled out any of the other players I mentioned for their contributions tonight.

• Like 1

Some of the post on here this evening remind of the James Justin posts this time last year. In fact, I’m sure there were some who wanted him loaned to a “lower level prem/championship side”. 

We have one of the best youth coaches as our manager. One thing you would struggle to pick Brendan out on is the development and use of a young lad. 

I didn’t even think he was bad tonight. Needs to develop ? Absolutely. We have a player here, support him.

• Like 1

What did he do wrong tonight for the people slating him? general question? Couple of poor touches but the whole team was like that all night. He is 19 years old in his first full season so just a boy really, you can see just by looking at him hes got alot of growing to do physically. A good championship loan next season where he is playing week in week out next year would be a great step for his development imo. Just give him a chance ffs

This is not the bean-bag race at primary school, where even the fat, asthmatic kid who finishes three days after the rest gets a feckin’ sticker!!!! This is the brutal world of elite sport. Several players  tonight were distinctly below par. It’s okay to say that and to name them. They won’t be offended and will already know. And if they are offended and don’t already know, then they probably have the wrong mindset for this level of competition. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What did he do wrong tonight for the people slating him? general question? Couple of poor touches but the whole team was like that all night. He is 19 years old in his first full season so just a boy really, you can see just by looking at him hes got alot of growing to do physically. A good championship loan next season where he is playing week in week out next year would be a great step for his development imo. Just give him a chance ffs

We saying he not ready for this level and agree a loan at lower league would benefit him. 

Edited by happy85

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

All of the players are proven match winners. So they are given slack.  

I'm more worried that the manager sees an obviously weaker player as a better bet than ricardo. That's very troubling for Ricky's prospects 

So any young player has to be flawless or has to prove to be a matchwinner from day 1?
Ricardo has been a liability since his return, let's be real here. He has some way to go before he's back to his best - and fingers crossed he does reach those levels again.
Ricardo is below Thomas AND Albrighton in the last couple of games, but we know Ricardo is first choice when fit and in form. I wouldn't read too much into this as the coaching staff are just nurturing his fitness and choosing players who are clearly fitter right now.

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tbh I feel bad but why was he on set pieces, he’s had a few crosses last few games and they are nowhere near Orem standard. I agree he’s a young player and will hopefully develop but when we are pushing for the champions league having Thomas on free kicks is similar to when Van Gaal had Phil Jones on corners 

• Like 1