Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

Are we not allowed to discuss a players pros and cons anymore? 

Saying someone would benefit from a loan isn't the same as hating the lad.

Some people on here are ridiculously touchy. 

What do you think is happening here if not a discussion? You can say what you want about him (within reason obviously) but if you say something stupid or unfair then people are going to call you on it.

Some people are very touchy, yeah - whenever their opinions get challenged their default response is "sorry, didn't realise I wasn't allowed an opinion". It's very tedious, isn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’d certainly keep starting him, I see no reason to rush Ricardo back; this is a great opportunity for him to get game time + Ricardo recover properly.

You see no reason to rush Ricardo back? 

I don't get this mentality. He's arguably our best player and we should be moving heaven and earth to get Ricardo back up to full speed and back in the side as soon as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

What do you think is happening here if not a discussion? You can say what you want about him (within reason obviously) but if you say something stupid or unfair then people are going to call you on it.

Some people are very touchy, yeah - whenever their opinions get challenged their default response is "sorry, didn't realise I wasn't allowed an opinion". It's very tedious, isn't it?

Its not a discussion if all you do is call people stupid for having a different opinion. A discussion is saying why you hold a different opinion.

Don't be so touchy.

• Haha 1

Just now, Collymore said:

I don't get this mentality. He's arguably our best player and we should be moving heaven and earth to get Ricardo back up to full speed and back in the side as soon as possible. 

Well he has suffered two relapses during his recuperation , so it would be prudent to be careful.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Its not a discussion if all you do is call people stupid for having a different opinion. A discussion is saying why you hold a different opinion.

Don't be so touchy.

Yeah and the last few pages are full of people doing exactly that. I'm sorry you find being confronted with opposing viewpoints so difficult, I suppose? Otherwise I really can't see what the problem is.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Yeah and the last few pages are full of people doing exactly that. I'm sorry you find being confronted with opposing viewpoints so difficult, I suppose? Otherwise I really can't see what the problem is.

I'm tempted to reply with a lol , but I'm intelligent enough to think of an argument. Read the thread, there are accusations of hating the lad, not being a fan,saying he'll never make it calling people stupid, all because some people say he'd benefit from a loan, something that happens for dozens of prospects every season. None of us have any say in what will happen to him, it's all pointless, why do people have to get so arsey about it?

13 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

The team who would probably help his development the most (and I hate to say it) would be Leeds. I think he’d be brilliant for them with their style of play. 

he would develop at Leeds yes, an if they are interested its a good move

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Because he’s getting set back after set back after a horrible injury, I for one don’t want to see it keep happening especially when we have adequate cover 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His link up play with Barnes is borderline telepathic, something him and Chilwell sadly struggled with. What's funny is, there was a perception Thomas wasn't defensively good enough to play at left back and needed to be LWB with 3 CB's as protection but now he's supposedly not good enough going forward but good enough defensively and therefore shouldn't play LWB.

That interplay with Barnes was the first aspect of his game that caught my eye - other than his obvious alertness and responsiveness. There's more of that to come - to be practiced and honed. He has two or three more years to come to physical maturity. He has a terrific attitude. He will get the best possible experience from playing at the highest level with team mates who will support his inexperience. Loaning him out will achieve nothing. I believe that BR knows he has an exceptional talent at hand. I hope he's not one of those who fall by the wayside, but I haven't seen anything other than positives so far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gerblod said:

I hesitate to use the word 'incredible' to describe your (and several others) inept assessment of Thomas, but it needs comment.

He was the main outlet on the left for Evans time and time again last night. He took on defenders and managed to slip past consistently. I didn't see him make one howler in defence - unlike Fofana.

BR has picked him for a reason. He's tried the Castagne/Pereira combination without success. 

"Shouldn't be in the first team" - why ever not? Has he made some calamitous error?

"Should be loaned out to League 1" - why? To get experience being roughed up by clods? 

Is it is haircut that's the problem or are his knees too boney?

BR thinks he's good enough to be our No.1 left wing-back NOW, and so do the majority of us posting on this thread. When Justin returns then he'll be the understudy, but this season's experience with injuries has revealed more than one gem who wouldn't have been considered had we been injury free - and when is that going to happen?

Jesus H. Christ!

I think this is a case of blinkered home fans to be honest, putting too much emphasis on a local player and seeing things that aren't there.

If you look at the raw data, he didn't tackle often, played them onside for a great chance and some of his crossing was really poor. He gives us balance with a really elegant left peg that he has but you cant say he had a good game at Palace. He wasnt terrible but for a CL club in the making, we need a bit more from that side of the pitch. He has huge potential but as I stated, he is not ready now.

With JJ out for the season start, I don't think LT would be my first choice LB at the club. Castagne needs to stay at RB so I would be bringing in another natural left side left back to give JJ some competition. I'm prepared to bet Rodgers loans him out to a top half Championship club or lower prem club to get the guarantee of more games into him and see him grow. We saw White do that at Leeds last season, Godfrey looked great at Norwich last season before coming back to Everton and excelling whilst some fail.

Huge potential, but not for a season or two for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I think he gets more next season out of playing 15-20 games in all competitions for us and being around the squad than being at a team like Watford, Norwich or Burnley. Look where JJ was when he first came in compared to where he was just prior to the injury, being around better players will fast track his development.

Not every player is the same though mate. JJ played 100 odd games for Luton and learned pretty quickly. With JJ injured, that means LT is thrust straight into the first team which to me is too much to ask for someone with his lack of experience.

12 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

I think this is a case of blinkered home fans to be honest, putting too much emphasis on a local player and seeing things that aren't there.

If you look at the raw data, he didn't tackle often, played them onside for a great chance and some of his crossing was really poor. He gives us balance with a really elegant left peg that he has but you cant say he had a good game at Palace. He wasnt terrible but for a CL club in the making, we need a bit more from that side of the pitch. He has huge potential but as I stated, he is not ready now.

With JJ out for the season start, I don't think LT would be my first choice LB at the club. Castagne needs to stay at RB so I would be bringing in another natural left side left back to give JJ some competition. I'm prepared to bet Rodgers loans him out to a top half Championship club or lower prem club to get the guarantee of more games into him and see him grow. We saw White do that at Leeds last season, Godfrey looked great at Norwich last season before coming back to Everton and excelling whilst some fail.

Huge potential, but not for a season or two for me.

You are looking at this from an individual game though aren’t you?

Did you review his stats in other games where he played well such as Leeds and Villa and was probably man of the match in both games? 

I agree that LT has a lot of experience to gain, but his defensive skills are already pretty great in my opinion. Many good tackles, few errors, very dynamic. 

You can see his need for game time in the offensive though. It‘s not bad, but I feel like often he sees the cross as his only way out when under pressure. It feels like he is used to have someone play right in front of him. Time will benefit him and as someone has pointed out before, the facilities, BR and the team will help him a lot. 

28 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Not every player is the same though mate. JJ played 100 odd games for Luton and learned pretty quickly. With JJ injured, that means LT is thrust straight into the first team which to me is too much to ask for someone with his lack of experience.

it depends on what you bring in though, i'm not against Thomas being loaned out, but I wouldn't want us to spend anything major either on a full back when we are crying out for another winger, and a striker even with the purple patch of Nacho recently, an you could possibly throw centre back into the mix also.

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm tempted to reply with a lol , but I'm intelligent enough to think of an argument. Read the thread, there are accusations of hating the lad, not being a fan,saying he'll never make it calling people stupid, all because some people say he'd benefit from a loan, something that happens for dozens of prospects every season. None of us have any say in what will happen to him, it's all pointless, why do people have to get so arsey about it?

I've read the thread as per your instruction and I'm still not sure what you're complaining about unfortunately. There is an accusation of hating him but it's coupled with an accusation of Thomas having fingered said poster's missus so I don't think it's one we need to be taking particularly seriously, do you? Most of the pushback is towards one specific poster who clearly has a bit of a bee in his bonnet with regards to Thomas, calling him a liability and saying he's certainly not ready for first-team football despite what I think most of us would consider ample evidence to the contrary. There is plenty of reasoned debate about why loaning him out might not be the best thing for either the team or for his development, which you will have undoubtedly noticed if you have also read the thread, so I don't really see where you were getting your impression that there was no discussion allowed from.

As for getting arsey and not engaging in a proper discussion, someone actually did try to explain to you why they thought he'd be better off staying here next season rather than being loaned out and you replied "whatever" like a surly teenager. I can see there's no point engaging with you further on this but maybe you should give the topic a swerve altogether if it's not to your taste.

• Like 3

Oh god, if it’s a choice between the posts that were slating Luke and the posts that are debating who’s the most arsey poster, then let’s double down on the slating.

Edited by Foxxed

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Oh god, if it’s a choice between the posts that were slating Luke and the posts that are debating who’s the most arsey poster, then let’s double down on the slating.

In the interests of getting the thread back on track, I hate Luke Thomas

• Haha 1

If pereira does well in pre season  and looks sharp again I’d consider an offer from a prem team. He’s above the championship now, a newly promoted team might be an option though if he was somehow guaranteed at least 30 starts..

2 hours ago, MPH said:

If pereira does well in pre season  and looks sharp again I’d consider an offer from a prem team. He’s above the championship now, a newly promoted team might be an option though if he was somehow guaranteed at least 30 starts..

Justin,Albrighton,Ricardo,Castagna,Barnes....A Good Mixture of FB & WB....

Then we add Thomas....

We have experienced atrocious injuries,Covid-bubbles, that wont go away, Europe (CL) has still problems for now over 14 months.....

We have next season....4 competitions to cover...One most likely being the CL...

Its also Good for a manager when he has choices for , rotation, Lack of form, simple competion..!! , but also so he can tinker/experiment with proven players..

This is a Unique & First period for us....where we become fancied across all Fronts, if Not to win ( though thats always the target)

but to challenge & compete at an aspiring higher level....

for the Love of me, I cant see when Finding a young talented, potential player, whos  played damn well in all his games...We  should believe a loan is better

than Bench,+ at least 12-20 game Involvement across those 4 competitions for the First team....Bit

Mistakes & errors,Not quite in sync  (off-field fan expectations)  are Part of learning, and the game...

I mean ffs...all The above mentioned, Plus Fofana, Experienced Evans, & Soyuncu, have this side of the season made clangers, played opp-onside...

Too much over-analysing, and Petty seeking out mistakes....One should look at his around game...and see this Boy has got it...!!

And will be needed....Adding to a small list of Type of players we Dont Need to bring in...!!!

Leaves more monies for Striker, CB and possible,across the board fringe cover...

• Thanks 2