Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Just now, goose2010 said:

He has done well to score this season with zero threat going forward. 

Thought he was OK tonight, better than some of our more established players. 

Happy was exaggerating obviously but saying he was OK is clearly going too far the other way and giving him a free pass just because he's a young kid.

He may be a good player in the future but it's clear he's nowhere near ready to be playing PL football yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

He has done well to score this season with zero threat going forward. 

Thought he was OK tonight, better than some of our more established players. 

Your memory is worse than that of a gold fish. He's proven he can put in delicious crosses and make good runs into the box.

Have a go in the Vardy thread instead of making a sarcastic comment like that about one of our up and coming talents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Happy was exaggerating obviously but saying he was OK is clearly going too far the other way and giving him a free pass just because he's a young kid.

He may be a good player in the future but it's clear he's nowhere near ready to be playing PL football yet.

To play near the top of the prem OK isn't good enough. What I was saying is he was OK where as the majority of our team weren't even ok. 

I wouldn't give him a free pass for being young as I'm sure he wouldn't want that either. He needs to improve his performance but you could say that all of them really tonight. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

Your memory is worse than that of a gold fish. He's proven he can put in delicious crosses and make good runs into the box.

Have a go in the Vardy thread instead of making a sarcastic comment like that about one of our up and coming talents.

What on earth are you on about? Maybe read it again? Or have you quoted the wrong person? 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He wasn't great and was arguably better on Monday despite his wayward passing.
Tonight he stopped a certain goal early on with an important interception, but his ball control along with a few others was terrible. Wonder if something was up with the pitch or the ball, because it seems very uncharacteristic for the squad.

What on earth are you on about? Maybe read it again? Or have you quoted the wrong person? 

Pretty sure you said this nonsense: "He has done well to score this season with zero threat going forward" which is what I reacted to.

Just now, shen said:

Pretty sure you said this nonsense: "He has done well to score this season with zero threat going forward" which is what I reacted to.

I was quoted the plank above that said he has created zero threat going forward. 

To score a goal you've created a threat that's what I was saying. 

I was quoted the plank above that said he has created zero threat going forward. 

To score a goal you've created a threat that's what I was saying. 

My apologies then, it didn't come across from your post :(

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Guys all I’m saying luke Thomas is clearly not ready for this level 

I am baffled by the people say he is 

You seem like you couldn't wait to get in this thread to have a go at him

As soon as the full time whistle goes you are straight in here first poster to talk about how crap the lad is

Yet absolutely nothing about how poor other players have been

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

My apologies then, it didn't come across from your post :(

It's OK you don't need to apologies. I'm a big fan of us bringing youth through. Seem to remember similar posts about Chillwell when he broke into the team. 

One thing that grinds my gears is when one player just gets ripped apart when the whole team don't perform. It's like some posters on here have to have a scapegoat. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

You seem like you couldn't wait to get in this thread to have a go at him

As soon as the full time whistle goes you are straight in here first poster to talk about how crap the lad is

Yet absolutely nothing about how poor other players have been

Because Luke is the biggest weak link in the team. I know it harsh and he one of our own but our team suffer massively with Luke in the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrentFox said:

Fuchs? Albrighton must be shaking his head in disbelief at his non-selection. 

But you play Albrighton you have to move Castagne. His best performance of the season was last in the last two games on the right. 

Perfectly fine defensively, just being asked to do a little too much when playing as a wing-back. It's tricky for Rodgers as neither Castagne nor Ricardo seem to look half as good out on that side (Castagne is admittedly very capable on the left) and it's where we're really missing Justin.

Of all those starting tonight, I don't begrudge Thomas playing safe passes and keeping it simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Because Luke is the biggest weak link in the team. I know it harsh and he one of our own but our team suffer massively with Luke in the team. 

Dunno why people are so hyper sensitive to it. 

We have 13 or 14 players who'd make all but 10 or 15 teams in Europe. Whereas Luke Thomas would be, at best,  a routine full back in the championship. Which is pretty impressive for a boyish 19 year old. But not enough for elite level football 

I didn’t see Luke Thomas give up a bad foul that led to the goal, miss big chances, or fire listless shots from 30 yards, and I didn’t see many players in blue who were much better than him tonight. 

Lay off the kid.