Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Black Friday Deals

https://www.outsidersstore.com/the-north-face-men-s-1996-retro-nuptse-jacket-209108?FT20Feed=00002769&FT20Prod=209108924xsm&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwJ6S3fai7QIVugYGAB3VSQw5EA0YAiABEgKPBvD_BwE

The Outsiders Store has full run of sizes on The North Face Nuptse at 219.99 rather than 250 for anyone looking for a decent coat.

Edited by HEGGSY

Got a few Freddy bits I'd had my eye on that had had their prices slashed - there are genuinely good discounts to be found – I don't get the eye-rolling, high and mighty "they're just selling you stuff at a pretend discount price" blanket attitude about Black Friday, to be honest. The stuff I got was stuff I wanted anyway, and stuff that hadn't ever been so cheap.

28 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Got a few Freddy bits I'd had my eye on that had had their prices slashed - there are genuinely good discounts to be found – I don't get the eye-rolling, high and mighty "they're just selling you stuff at a pretend discount price" blanket attitude about Black Friday, to be honest. The stuff I got was stuff I wanted anyway, and stuff that hadn't ever been so cheap.

Fair play if it's stuff you wanted and hadn't ever been that cheap before - that's what we're all looking for!

The pretend discount price is down to long established retail practices of 'price establishment' where they increase prices before Black Friday to then reduce them back to the original price to show a false saving. Some websites also use Black Friday as an opportunity to sell their tat/clearance/end of line/discontinued stuff which they would have previously sold in the January sales. 

Pleased you got what you wanted mate.

• Like 1

Currys was an absolute disgrace. I tried to buy something this morning with some gift vouchers. As I pressed buy the website crashed. They took the money from the voucher but no confirmed email. Called them and after 3 attempts from them hanging up on me or not being able to hear them they said the order hadn't gone through. But they have taken the money from the card which they will reimburse in 48 to 72 hours. So then I got some more gift vouchers and for 2 hours it said they couldn't accept gift vouchers at this time and now the item is out of stock 6 hours after I had first purchased it. Bloody awful customer service. 

Edited by hejammy

Got a 50 inch Samsung 4K UHD smart TV for £390, that’s about the best I could muster. Also got a washer dryer from Curry’s, no idea if that was in Black Friday sales or not to be honest, it said it had money off but still bleeding expensive (moving house I’m not just one of these weirdos who waits for this day every year to buy all the electrical items). 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Currys was an absolute disgrace. I tried to buy something this morning with some gift vouchers. As I pressed buy the website crashed. They took the money from the voucher but no confirmed email. Called them and after 3 attempts from them hanging up on me or not being able to hear them they said the order hadn't gone through. But they have taken the money from the card which they will reimburse in 48 to 72 hours. So then I got some more gift vouchers and for 2 hours it said they couldn't accept gift vouchers at this time and now the item is out of stock 6 hours after I had first purchased it. Bloody awful customer service. 

When Curry’s delivered the washer dryer (mentioned above) the delivery men dropped it out the van. Luckily my mrs brother who’s house we had it delivered to has a ring door bell so caught them in the act - will check this weekend to see if it’s damaged and if it is that will be be going straight over to them.

Edited by Manini

8 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

If any of you are into Jazz, Zavvis mystery box is back, these are good you don't get any rubbish, 6 LPs for 20 quid

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/best-of-jazz-starter-kit-all-time-classics-albums-set-of-6-mystery-vinyl-lp/12613803.html

Blimey - that’s good - I’ve got about half of them though

or am I getting confused?  It says mystery ???

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Got some beer that was a bit cheaper from Tiny Rebel.

Cheers - lovely drop

36549E2B-856F-4D97-834B-C9C966E85FBB.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice. They do some great beers.

Yep - agreed - vegan unfiltered stuff (I’m not even a vegetarian!) …. Really drinkable and pack a flavour punch…. 

brewed in wales - I’ve got some Cali and lots of Dutty!!!

whats not to like?

19 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Blimey - that’s good - I’ve got about half of them though

or am I getting confused?  It says mystery ???

They're DeAgostini Jazz At 33⅓ rpm overstock, do you remember the classic jazz collection magazine series about 4 years ago? These are overstock from that series, they're really good quality pressings

The photo is just an example, you'll get 6 LPs out of about 70 in the series

Any 6 of these https://www.discogs.com/label/956425-Jazz-At-3313-rpm

On 28/11/2020 at 14:53, MrsJohnMurphy said:

They're DeAgostini Jazz At 33⅓ rpm overstock, do you remember the classic jazz collection magazine series about 4 years ago? These are overstock from that series, they're really good quality pressings

The photo is just an example, you'll get 6 LPs out of about 70 in the series

Any 6 of these https://www.discogs.com/label/956425-Jazz-At-3313-rpm

Awesome!  I’ve taken the punt and ordered it…. There’s a fair chance of a repeat, but, I should be fine…. I’ve got all the Stan Getz and Miles Davis

I’d really like the Paul Desmond album - I have no idea why he isn’t better known…. 

Top tip - thanks very much !

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 17:19, Manini said:

When Curry’s delivered the washer dryer (mentioned above) the delivery men dropped it out the van. Luckily my mrs brother who’s house we had it delivered to has a ring door bell so caught them in the act - will check this weekend to see if it’s damaged and if it is that will be be going straight over to them.

Yeah I would be sending that back anyway - it might work now then die later, or set your house on fire.

24 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah I would be sending that back anyway - it might work now then die later, or set your house on fire.

Yeah we have returned it, waiting for the refund to be processed and then going to a local place instead to buy another one.