Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Black Friday Deals

Went to order some hair straighteners for the missus' Christmas present and found them to be £20 cheaper compared to earlier this week, so that's handy.

I don't think there are any deals amazing enough to justify buying something you wouldn't have bought at full price any more. This thread may well prove me wrong of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hollism94 said:

Went to order some hair straighteners for the missus' Christmas present and found them to be £20 cheaper compared to earlier this week, so that's handy.

I don't think there are any deals amazing enough to justify buying something you wouldn't have bought at full price any more. This thread may well prove me wrong of course.

Yes, similar here. A couple of things I was going to buy last week but didn't get round to have handily been reduced which is nice, as I would have bought them anyway at full price.

2 hours ago, Hollism94 said:

I found this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SQR6W3S/ for my grand daughter but haven't decided yet.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I found this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SQR6W3S/ for my grand daughter but haven't decided yet.

This was the one I went for:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003XITW7I/

The girls at work assured me that Cloud Nine and GHD are the best brands if you can stomach the price. It seems mental because I'm sure the one you're looking at is equally good, but I don't know the first thing about them so took their advice lol 

Curious phenomenon.

At least in America there were, at points, deals to be had.

Why the British have decided to take this on - and it has been a concerted effort from public and corporations to adopt this - then decided to not actually bother with the discounts is baffling.

Another crass Americanism that we aren't doing properly.

44 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Curious phenomenon.

At least in America there were, at points, deals to be had.

Why the British have decided to take this on - and it has been a concerted effort from public and corporations to adopt this - then decided to not actually bother with the discounts is baffling.

Another crass Americanism that we aren't doing properly.

Clever marketing, sell it for half the price of something that's twice the price.

2 hours ago, Hollism94 said:

This was the one I went for:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003XITW7I/

The girls at work assured me that Cloud Nine and GHD are the best brands if you can stomach the price. It seems mental because I'm sure the one you're looking at is equally good, but I don't know the first thing about them so took their advice lol 

It's for a 12 year old so not at that price so I let MrsG pick one she can take the praise or the blame. :P

• Like 1