Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

Picking up a win, putting in a strong performance to bounce back from the Fulham game, and avoiding injuries to the three guys coming back in were the ideals last night. Sadly we achieved none of them, so all in all a bit of a bust. At least we have the opportunity to rectify things against AEK next week and secure top spot. Positives for me were, minutes into Ricardo and Ndidi to bring them up to speed, Thomas having a really bright second half, and Under looking lively and creative (albeit with limited end product). Hopefully Sheffield United away at the weekend is better all round.

Can we even play football unless it’s counter attacking? 

I do keep blaming Brendan, I’d bin him off if I was in charge 😂 but are the players actually any good? 

Maddison - overrated

Barnes - inconsistent 

Under - fit? Flashes of quality 

Perez - works hard but never plays in his supposed best position 

Praet - same as Perez... 

Taking your rose tinted glasses off, it looks pretty average to me. We all get the odd amazing performance and think top 4 is coming then you look at that and think mid table is about right... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I completely missed this match. I'm still in recuperation after the Fulham game.

Mate it was a bit better than the Fulham game only because Under Justin had a decent game other than that it was poor; I know what you mean the Fulham shambles has really knocked my confidence going into the game against the Blades I literally will have an excessive heart rate and cowering behind Molly my dog hope I'm wrong!

35 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Praet - same as Perez... 

What is this best position of his? He's played central midfield against Braga, advanced right behind Vardy previous and after that against Fulham, and as one of the central attacking midfielders last night and yet is anonymous wherever he plays.

38 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Can we even play football unless it’s counter attacking? 

I do keep blaming Brendan, I’d bin him off if I was in charge 😂 but are the players actually any good? 

Maddison - overrated

Barnes - inconsistent 

Under - fit? Flashes of quality 

Praet - same as Perez... 

Taking your rose tinted glasses off, it looks pretty average to me. We all get the odd amazing performance and think top 4 is coming then you look at that and think mid table is about right... 

You'd bin off a Manager who had us finish 5th last season, has us 4th so far and already qualified for knockout rounds of Europe..? This place, **** me! :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You'd bin off a Manager who had us finish 5th last season, has us 4th so far and already qualified for knockout rounds of Europe..? This place, **** me! :facepalm:

It was a bit tongue in cheek but I don’t and never have liked him 

My point was... maybe... the players aren’t actually that good 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek but I don’t and never have liked him 

My point was... maybe... the players aren’t actually that good 

I think you have certain points, however and I said this under Puel when trying to implement this godawful style - you get the best out of what you’ve got by playing in an effective way - neither did and are regularly.

16 hours ago, Babylon said:

Where did I mention sacking anyone? :rolleyes:

The fans put pressure on the manager way before the board will do so and definitely way way before they'd make the decision to sack him. Which is exactly the point I'm making. 

They are level headed and aren't going to even be thinking about replacing him or putting pressure on him if we lost against Sheff U. But the fans will be. 

I agree, thankfully it doesn't matter one jot what the fans think to our executives. So in that situation it's impossible for the fans to apply pressure.

I've have a theory that City are a fair-weather club. Last season, the patchy form began in late November, just as it has this season. So last night's defeat in the very cold Ukraine wasn't too surprising, and it doesn't auger well for the trip to Stoke in freezing January. Keith Weller had the right idea with his famous white tights! Personally, I used to hate playing football when it was freezing cold.   

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

I've have a theory that City are a fair-weather club. Last season, the patchy form began in late November, just as it has this season. So last night's defeat in the very cold Ukraine wasn't too surprising, and it doesn't auger well for the trip to Stoke in freezing January. Keith Weller had the right idea with his famous white tights! Personally, I used to hate playing football when it was freezing cold.   

4 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

I agree, thankfully it doesn't matter one jot what the fans think to our executives. So in that situation it's impossible for the fans to apply pressure.

...I really do not think that is true!!!

Should you have a stadium full of disgruntled supporters waving placards screaming "Rodgers out, Rodgers out" then you can be certain that the owners would be taking notice. They do value the loyalty of the fans more than you think....

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

There was that time when we beat Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton recently all over the festival period 

We were ok.  Not a worrying defeat.

We have our strongest squad in five decades (at least).  Rodgers is stlil developing.  Not our strongest team.

Pre-match, like many, I thought Rodgers had assembled a pleasing team. 

Post-match...

I am more optimistic about our squad than I was July 2015.

Reading many posts, I think, : Get real

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was that time when we beat Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton recently all over the festival period 

And with a manager most people couldn't stand.

I think that's what makes these current inept, crap displays harder to take- the squad are apparently all onside with this coach.

Either we take this competition seriously or we don't. All this chopping and changing and experimenting with injuries, systems and squad rotations has resulted in a lucky last minute draw against our biggest rivals in this tournament and a pitiful defeat against Zorya. We beat both these 4-0 and 3-0 previously so the whole approach is shocking. The next game is always the most important game. 

Edited by l444ry