Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

7 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Thats all well and good but if results don't go in our favour and we do lose we could almost be bottom half of the table.

Villa don't play, West Ham play Man U, Chelsea play Leeds, Liverpool Play Wolves... chances are we'll drop few places. Even then, so bloody what, the board aren't putting a manager who finished 5th, has us 4th now, through in Europe and in the middle of a massive injury crisis under any pressure. 

It's the fans, who as per usual will put the pressure on. The owners have shown themselves as level headed unless things fall off a cliff and we tumble town the table. 

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not really sure what everyone was expecting. scratch team, 3 players coming back from injury. surely losing was always a possibility? Literally nobody was complaining about the team before kick off, we didn't play 5 at the back, same as against Fulham. I f we play the first team we win easily. Next week against AEK we'll have Tielmans, and Vardy on the bench, we'll still top the group.

Outgunned by a Ukrainian side who are 8th in their league is piss poor However you look at it 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Villa don't play, West Ham play Man U, Chelsea play Leeds, Liverpool Play Wolves... chances are we'll drop few places. Even then, so bloody what, the board aren't putting a manager who finished 5th, has us 4th now, through in Europe and in the middle of a massive injury crisis under any pressure. 

It's the fans, who as per usual will put the pressure on. The owners have shown themselves as level headed unless things fall off a cliff and we tumble town the table. 

The fans aren't there to put the pressure on so he's very lucky in that respect. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Jeez. 4th in the Prem. Through to the last 32 in Europe and numerous people querying whether Brendan should be sacked, suggesting players don’t care, bored, won’t watch on Sunday.

The level of over entitled drivel on here is getting seriously bad. We’re enjoying the best period of LCFC in our lives. We’re not going to challenge for the title. Hopefully we will be in the shake up for Europe next summer. 

Sure it’s been a bad couple of weeks but jeez some perspective please

I not heard anyone saying Brendan should go! Far from it however I have heard alot of people saying Brendan sort it out, nothing negative about that it's a good observation unless you thought liverpool, Fulham and tonight were great games noteworthy of our full praise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Let's hope so because whatever the question is on the pitch, he's never going to be the answer. 

Hahahaha. He definitely hasn’t lived up to expectation, but with how Barnes and iheanacho were playing I thought he’d get a run out in the 2nd half. We’re never going to recoup what we paid for him though, half if we’re lucky...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

But things did fall off a cliff last season but we built up points beforehand to soften the blow.  Contrary to what others think it was a disaster to do what we did last season from our lead in December. Our second half of the season was bottom 6 form and if we go on a run similar to that now, we will be flirting with the bottom 6 after the next 10 games.

29 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

so I’m a moron and a div??? 
Wow worlds fail me, I will keep my thoughts of you based on that response to myself. I don’t like to judge idiots  as they can’t help help being an idiot 

I've got a sneaky feeling I know what your thoughts are, even though you've kept them to yourself!!

Edited by 5waller5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’ve seen a lot worse, levein days etc but the thing that winds me up the most now is ive seen the football we can produce. I just wish we could consistently and not always slow play down, we are at our best playing at a good tempo. Nice to see Ndidi back snapping around! 

Worried for fofana, every little mistake leading to a goal, hurry up and dye your hair back please! 

This is it.

Obviously we’re enjoying an incredible period in the club’s history but when we all know what the team is capable of, it is so frustrating to fall to such lacklustre defeats that have been recurring for months.

It’s not through lack of gratitude, understanding or perspective. 

There are huge problems within this team and Rodger’s tactical set ups - and it is beginning to squander the amazing potential of this team and the results they’ve shown they’re capable of.

It doesn’t make you a bad supporter to recognise and be frustrated by this.

• Like 2

Disappointing to Lose yes Needed to win Not really we’ve qualified for knock out stages, some great performances Under looked quality some performances need to be looked at and need a kick up the Arse some performances went missing !

Hoping the injury to Cags isn’t as bad as before but great to see the lads missing through injury was good to see, Brendan needs to stop these under par performances need to get back to winning ways but these jokers wanting Brendan out must stop sniffing the Lighter fuel !!

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

The fans aren't there to put the pressure on so he's very lucky in that respect. 

Quite frankly it's far too early to be putting pressure on. I'm not happy (again), but we need to get a few players back and have a couple more months of football before you anyone should be considering even thinking about replacing him or putting pressure on his job.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I agree with above, my concern is, did they actually train for this game or are we just turning up and having ago? First Fulham now these 😮

Probably didn't train much for it. We played Monday, warm down, address injuries and issues on Tuesday, maybe get them properly training on Wednesday, play again today. Throw the flight in there. Not a whole lot of time for training. That's how it's been for most of this season and it'll probably continue to the end (or we get knocked out of Europe). Then we play Fulham, Sheffield, West Ham etc who have a whole week to focus and prepare on the next match aware their opposition are already stretched. Then watch those teams start whining during the Christmas period when they get a taste of what we've put up with all season. 

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I not heard anyone saying Brendan should go! Far from it however I have heard alot of people saying Brendan sort it out, nothing negative about that it's a good observation unless you thought liverpool, Fulham and tonight were great games noteworthy of our full praise.

if he doesn’t start demonstrating that he has a plan to avoid these cut and paste defeats then I think he should go tbh 

That’s my worry - that his stubbornness will endure. But if he shows that he’s attempted something different in situations like against Fulham on Monday and Zorya tonight then he should stay.

Edited by FuriousFox46

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’ve seen a lot worse, levein days etc but the thing that winds me up the most now is ive seen the football we can produce. I just wish we could consistently and not always slow play down, we are at our best playing at a good tempo. Nice to see Ndidi back snapping around! 

Worried for fofana, every little mistake leading to a goal, hurry up and dye your hair back please! 

You mean the days we were lucky enough to be graced with the sight of Robbie Nielsen marauding up and down the right wing? (Albeit aimlessly)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

But things did fall off a cliff last season but we built up points beforehand to soften the blow.  Contrary to what others think it was a disaster to do what we did last season from our lead in December. Our second half of the season was bottom 6 form and if we go on a run similar to that now, we will be flirting with the bottom 6 after the next 10 games.

It's like saying ignore all the wins and he's not done very well. You can't just ignore the form start of last season just like you can't ignore the fact until 3 or 4 games ago everyone was very happy and we'd start the season well. 

On the reverse you also don't ignore what happened last season. If form goes off a cliff again and we go 8 weeks in diabolical form, then the pressure will be on him. It shouldn't even be a discussion point at the minute outside of "he needs to sort it out or he'll be under pressure" IMO. 

I won't worry too much about tonight - it looked as though we went through the motions and when you do that you get punished even at poor championship level like Zorya. My concern is that we look as though poor performance spreads through the team like a virus and theres no one to take a grip in midfield. 

My real concern is Sheffield United on Sunday they will see a chink in the armour and will most likely break their duck at this rate. 

Seriously concerned about our league performances now. 

9 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Yeah but he was on about 10k a year not 10m With a team of cart horses.

No one was expecting much.