Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Quite frankly it's far too early to be putting pressure on. I'm not happy (again), but we need to get a few players back and have a couple more months of football before you anyone should be considering even thinking about replacing him or putting pressure on his job.

Think you take me wrong, there was inference that he was getting pressure from the fans. What I'm saying is that unless he's scouring the pages of Foxestalk, he's not getting any fan pressure like  Puel was subjected for example because he's not standing in front of around 25,000+ Leicester supporters on a Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

So we have 2 or 3 of the usual 11 starting, which he tries to be all dramatic about. Then the other tweet after the game, where we had 3 or 4 usual starters playing. Man's a ****ing moron 

He is a media reporter being a arsehole is his job

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

So we have 2 or 3 of the usual 11 starting, which he tries to be all dramatic about. Then the other tweet after the game, where we had 3 or 4 usual starters playing. Man's a ****ing moron 

Ian stringer is a bellend he should be shot bastard 😅

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's like saying ignore all the wins and he's not done very well. You can't just ignore the form start of last season just like you can't ignore the fact until 3 or 4 games ago everyone was very happy and we'd start the season well. 

On the reverse you also don't ignore what happened last season. If form goes off a cliff again and we go 8 weeks in diabolical form, then the pressure will be on him. It shouldn't even be a discussion point at the minute outside of "he needs to sort it out or he'll be under pressure" IMO. 

Yes but that's what I mean.  Last season he went the final 22 games with 24 points.  I'm saying that I don't believe he will get the luxury this time round if we go on a similar run that he can't turn around.  

I'm probably wrong, I mostly am!  But I just think he wont get the time to put together a batch of games like last season if the results and performances follow a similar pattern.  We won't drop from 2nd to 5th like last season with those results, it'll be 4th to 14th or perhaps further. 

Watched the first half an hour which was boring as hell and it seems like the remaining 60 wasn't much better.

Now we need to win next week to top the group. The last four matches have seen us play one good half.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's a complete bellend.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's the fans, who as per usual will put the pressure on. The owners have shown themselves as level headed unless things fall off a cliff and we tumble town the table. 

Oh yes those awful Leicester fans who keep sacking managers. Directors sack managers not supporters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crocyfox79 said:

Rodgers should be shot  or should that be the team 😅

2 minutes ago, Crocyfox79 said:

Ian stringer is a bellend he should be shot bastard 😅

You'll get banned before you run out of bullets :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Yes but that's what I mean.  Last season he went the final 22 games with 24 points.  I'm saying that I don't believe he will get the luxury this time round if we go on a similar run that he can't turn around.  

I'm probably wrong, I mostly am!  But I just think he wont get the time to put together a batch of games like last season if the results and performances follow a similar pattern.  We won't drop from 2nd to 5th like last season with those results, it'll be 4th to 14th or perhaps further. 

Unless we're in relegation trouble I'm not sure they'd do anything this season at all. With no preseason and injuries galore, this season for me was always one about preservation and treading water. The board are too level headed to change anything too soon without a very good reason (relegation). They'd see it to the end of the season and make a change then if we're still limping along. 

Anyway, no point in really discussing it as he's not under pressure from them and won't be for some time at least. 

The result is not the most important thing tonight, tough European away games etc, it can happen. Never easy to win away from home, just ask Spurs. But it's fact we are an incredibly dull side who create very little, it's gone on for so long now it cant be ignored. 

• Like 2

Gee whizz what grumpy lot you are tonight 😂 , losing tonight isn't the end of the world, win next week and we win group, so it's still all in our hands.

The postives tonight were key players coming back and a few moments of the potential Under has, unlucky not to get goal at the end of the game, was only down to excellent save by their keeper and same for Maddison, which on most other days that would gone in too :)

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Back to not enjoying football again lol best we can take from that is that it wasn't our first choice. 

Really disappointed with Barnes and Iheanacho, abysmal. Barnes in particular is supposed to be the player who should be playing and he was terrible, I'm losing patience as to whether he'll be a good player or not. Squad isnt good enough for me, too many average players knocking about. 

Under only one who looked like he could play football from an attacking point of view. 

Morgan sub obviously wasnt planned so didn't allow us to bring an extra attacking player on. 

Perez has become a better player this week without kicking a ball.

...I think we need to try and evaluate this team on the premise that we had no central midfielder who could create!!!

A capable bunch of players who were disjointed with nothing there to link the defense and attack making all seem very poor.

Rodgers seem to feel we did not get more out of the game and unlucky to lose, might be better if he coached the players how to head a ball as we are so poor in that department in the opposition box.

I have to admit I turned it off before they scored. The lockdown equivalent of leaving early to beat the traffic.

I’ve had a great week, and the football is just shite at the moment. It’s a downer.

A few players are bang out of form and need dropping, and a few just patently aren’t good enough.

It all feels very familiar, though, and a bit like we’re approaching a turning point. Another doggo result at the weekend and serious questions will be asked.