Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

Awful, but it was hard to expect much given the lineup away in Ukraine.  Fortunately all this means is we might have to a go a little stronger against AEK to ensure top spot.

I think the most worrying thing is that was another performance from Fofana that was more Reliant Robin than Rolls Royce.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Awful, but it was hard to expect much given the lineup away in Ukraine.  Fortunately all this means is we might have to a go a little stronger against AEK to ensure top spot.

I think the most worrying thing is that was another performance from Fofana that was more Reliant Robin than Rolls Royce.

Fofana isn’t the same player since the hair 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

So we have 2 or 3 of the usual 11 starting, which he tries to be all dramatic about. Then the other tweet after the game, where we had 3 or 4 usual starters playing. Man's a ****ing moron 

...do you think he meant, we retained two of the players from the Fulham game and finished with 4 of the usual First Team on the pitch when the game ended!!!

Yes he likes to draw attention to himself.........

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you think he meant, we retained two of the players from the Fulham game and finished with 4 of the usual First Team on the pitch when the game ended!!!

Yes he likes to draw attention to himself.........

Genuinely no clue what he's trying to get at. 

Was obvious we'd make changes and was basically told as such in the presser. Any manager worth their weight would know this game means nothing for Sunday's. 

Under was really the only bright spark tonight. Is it just me that thinks he is pretty much the only one playing for a regular start. The rest are either nailed on due to no competition due to our injuries, or like nacho and Hamza, know that they are only playing for cover and will be benched at the weekend. No wonder we seem to lack motivation but that is the managers job to keep squad players on their toes and create that competition for places. The lack of training time cannot help here as it does not give those players the opportunity to impress in practice games etc.

whatever the reasons for our lacklustre displays in the last couple of games we need to get back to winning ways to boost confidence again

thursday to sunday games, 3  players returning from injury, how

many changes to the starting line up?.. away in Ukraine... no vardy

i wasn’t expecting too much and people have to understand how much 2 games a week are going to effect us... all the traveling is going to affect training time also..

Fulham was super disappointing but you can somewhat account for that too. there’s no way we are as bad as Fulham.. we all know that 

If we can get back to a regular training schedule and resting in between once a week games then i’d be expecting a dramatic improvement in the quality of our play. If we don’t, it’s THEN that we have problems..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

thursday to sunday games, 3  players returning from injury, how

many changes to the starting line up?.. away in Ukraine... no vardy

i wasn’t expecting too much and people have to understand how much 2 games a week are going to effect us... all the traveling is going to affect training time also..

Fulham was super disappointing but you can somewhat account for that too. there’s no way we are as bad as Fulham.. we all know that 

If we can get back to a regular training schedule and resting in between once a week games then i’d be expecting a dramatic improvement in the quality of our play. If we don’t, it’s THEN that we have problems..

...there were nine changes from the Fulham game!!!

Training really is not that essential, unless you are doing "shapes" or keeping the squad ticking over. We had a disjointed performance once again due to personnel and a lack of application by players who you would believe would have been trying to get themselves into the team on Sunday.

The balance of the team was wrong but we lacked the ability to bring in a player good enough to link the play. Motivation seems to be a factor in our recent displays and the inability of the players to motivate themselves goes to show how weak they are mentally and I really believe the team needs to lock the dressing room and hold a meeting and have an honest and open conversation before this apathetic approach to games becomes the norm.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Regardless of league position and qualification, the bottom line is we are boring to watch as soon as a team don’t allow us space behind. Like seriously fall asleep stuff 

Yep. Don't play into our hands and we're laboured. Reminds me a bit of watching England. It's a flawed philosophy.

• Like 1

Teams so often struggle when they get players back from injury. As much as you'd expect it to be a positive, it still can be disruptive as far as everyone being in sync.

Also, player lower opponents is always a bit dicey.

No doubt that the mighty Lestahs will be in form Sunday and snappin' some Blades.

Just now, spacemunky said:

Teams so often struggle when they get players back from injury. As much as you'd expect it to be a positive, it still can be disruptive as far as everyone being in sync.

Also, playing lower opponents is always a bit dicey.

No doubt that the mighty Lestahs will be in form Sunday and snappin' some Blades.

Thats twice today I meant to edit a post and quotes myself instead.

Senior moments!

:ill:

Edited by spacemunky

Very clear what this side needs...leadership. After Kasper, no-one talks, guides, leads 

This is why we can’t pull ourselves back when we concede a goal. There’s no-one on the pitch barking out any orders.

We are too ‘nice’ and physically/mentally too weak. Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, even Praet...are all too similar. Skillful players but complete fannies.

They need leading on the pitch imo.

Felt like a training match / pre-season friendly.

Not going to lose sleep over this game.

I did enjoy Under's progression though, once he steps up to finding the net, he's got some incredible potential. 

Sickening about Soyuncu limping off. 

Couldn't understand why Barnes/Nacho/Under couldn't click yesterday. In theory it should've been brilliant, Barnes and Under stretching the back line and Nacho picking up the ball in the pocket, threading in play and making runs in the box.  

But we found Under running into where Nacho was and being crowded out. Then Barnes was almost rigid in sitting in the weird off left flank position and not really contributing. 

I think we do need someone with experience of winning in the side. When we’re good we are great but we do seem to struggle and implode sometimes and lose our heads. We are a young team with so much potential and I’m very happy with the overall trajectory of the club but someone in the centre of the park (Cambiasso, Milner type of experience) for when things are not going our way l I just think would do us the world of good. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think we do need someone with experience of winning in the side. When we’re good we are great but we do seem to struggle and implode sometimes and lose our heads. We are a young team with so much potential and I’m very happy with the overall trajectory of the club but someone in the centre of the park (Cambiasso, Milner type of experience) for when things are not going our way l I just think would do us the world of good. X 

👌

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We need the premier league equivalent to Dean Hammond

• Like 1