Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Oh yes those awful Leicester fans who keep sacking managers. Directors sack managers not supporters.

Where did I mention sacking anyone? :rolleyes:

The fans put pressure on the manager way before the board will do so and definitely way way before they'd make the decision to sack him. Which is exactly the point I'm making. 

They are level headed and aren't going to even be thinking about replacing him or putting pressure on him if we lost against Sheff U. But the fans will be. 

55 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

the real question is , if we get beat by Sheffield United, does it genuinely put his position under threat? 

I wouldn’t say so personally

but plenty of others would say yes

in fairness there does seem to be an alarming slide at present but a couple of half decent performances could soon put an ending to that

36 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I am going on any bandwagon but the last four games have been very poor and the lack of any fluency, urgency and bite is worrying not just in terms of those games but what's ahead. We have lost pole position in the EL and failed to take advantage of a good opportunity to secure joint top in the league. Disappointment is natural with that worry going forward as well. 

We’re all disappointed but people calling for Rodgers to go when we’re in a similar place to Tottenham who have one of the greatest managers of all time and a squad twice as expensive as ours is ridiculous. We’re massively over performing for our players, manager and financial capabilities would suggest. Let’s all relax for a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We should have created far more, it was another poor performance with a total lack of creativity. That is the biggest worry, the lack of chances against poor opposition 

Once against we've started with a team lacking creativity. 3 attacking players against Fulham, 4 attacking players today (if we include our right back). 

It's simply not enough. Our best team should contain 7 attacking players Castagne, Ricardo, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Under, Vardy

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's like saying ignore all the wins and he's not done very well. You can't just ignore the form start of last season just like you can't ignore the fact until 3 or 4 games ago everyone was very happy and we'd start the season well. 

On the reverse you also don't ignore what happened last season. If form goes off a cliff again and we go 8 weeks in diabolical form, then the pressure will be on him. It shouldn't even be a discussion point at the minute outside of "he needs to sort it out or he'll be under pressure" IMO. 

He gets a very good wage to soak up pressure, I have no sympathy on that front, no one is saying get rid the pressure from fans is get a grip quick!

nothing really to play for looked better than Monday, two or three players playing for the first time in a while formation change, fatigue etc..

Thomas looked good at left back

If we play with YT and JM instead of Preat and Hamza and Vardy in place of Nacho it could work

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

Am I the only one not peed off from that? To be honest I took it as a game Brendan was using to bring players back from injury, rest several key players and give others a run out. An upscale training session? It will take a little while for it to gel and settle. They are barely training either. Tonight was faster, yes there still mistakes but it was a big improvement on Fulham and Liverpool. Sheffield Utd isn't a worry for me 🤷‍♀️ players are back now, others have been rested and we can go back to playing our way. Gutted for Cags! 

I cant be the only one positive, or maybe I haven't had enough sleep after a few busy nightshifts?! 🤷‍♀️😂

You can think all those things, which aren't wrong, and also think it was absolute horse muck, which also isn't wrong.

Clearly Rodger's position is safe - for now. But if he doesn't turn around this slump in form around sooner rather than later, serious questions will need to be asked. Aside from his stint at Celtic, with Rangers the only serious opposition (and for most of his time there they were not competitive either), what is there in his previous managerial record to suggest he will be able to stop last year's disappointing decline being repeated?

• Like 1

OK where do we start. Let's start with positives. Ricky and Ndidi looked like they balanced the team again when they were on. They are miles better than what we currently have. I thought Ward made some decent saves and his distribution was OK. Under was brilliant but really needs to work on his final ball/decision making. He was our only threat. 

OK so now the not so good. Fofana needs to dye his hair back. Simple. He's been defensively awful since he's done it. Fuchs should never play as CB. He just isn't good enough for it. JJ was far better on the left in the first half. After half time he was back to his form of late. His decision making again is atrocious. Hamza started well but will never be a creative player. I'm not actually sure where he fits into our team currently. Praet tried, I'm not sure what's going on with him at the moment, although he does tend to play better with Youri around. 

Now to the down right shyte. 

Barnes. I just don't really know what to say. He has huge potential but his first touch and lack of control let's him down. He's been so poor. Literally like he had lead boots on today. 

Nacho. There is no middle ground. He's either worse than Sunday league or amazing (albeit once in a season almost). Desperately need another striker. 

Also big Wes.....perhaps lay of the Christmas pud this year bud. 

Then there is BR. He did what we wanted and went back to a 4 at the back. We wanted Barnes and Under and that's what we got. Playing Wilf and Hamza was a bit strange but to be fair tactically he wasn't too far wrong today. It's the players at fault today. No determination. On paper all of these players are better than every one of theirs. They need to take the blame for this one

Edited by hejammy

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

He gets a very good wage to soak up pressure, I have no sympathy on that front, no one is saying get rid the pressure from fans is get a grip quick!

The whole conversation started because someone said "the real question is , if we get beat by Sheffield United, does it genuinely put his position under threat?" 

We had the luxury of having plenty of points on the board last season when things went to pot. We don’t this year. Things could get very ugly very quickly in the run up to and after Christmas if we’re not careful and this shite continues. 

• Sad 1

Already qualified or not, that was ****ing rubbish and we got what we deserved against a side that earn a tiny fraction of what some of our lot get paid.

It might sound too basic, but we just didn't want it enough. Barnes, Iheanacho and Choudhury were especially bad. 

What the **** are we doing? Thinking they can just coast through Fulham and Zorya and end up losing both. Instead of a chance to change the whole side against AEK, we've got to go and beat them to secure top spot. They're the worst team in this group, but we need to ****ing wake up.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The whole conversation started because someone said "the real question is , if we get beat by Sheffield United, does it genuinely put his position under threat?" 

No I dont think it does, nor should it, but to loose to the bottom of the table team, not won a game yet, after beating the top ish end of the table teams will surely be noticed by the wage payers, and rightly so, his wage is excellent! get soaking that pressure up, and get some motivation in the team that's all I want win, draw, or loose so long as we dont keep seeing poor performances 

We were poor but it’s not the end of the world - some comments on here are embarrassing.

we’ve had a good start to the season overall and have given Ricardo and Ndidi some minutes tonight . Real shame about Soyuncu, just hope it’s not too serious. 

Would have liked to see Perez tonight and clear that Iheanacho needs players up with him as lost up there on his own. 

hopefully Evans, Tielemans and Vardy have benefited from the rest and we’ll smash Sheffield Utd on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Some people want us to sack rodgers if we carry on like this but we can't because there is no one decent out there right now to replace him with so get used to things as they are now.

What I don’t get and this isn’t directed at you, but isn’t carrying on like this meaning we are a top 6 team and playing in Europe? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hales said:

Am I the only one not peed off from that? To be honest I took it as a game Brendan was using to bring players back from injury, rest several key players and give others a run out. An upscale training session? It will take a little while for it to gel and settle. They are barely training either. Tonight was faster, yes there still mistakes but it was a big improvement on Fulham and Liverpool. Sheffield Utd isn't a worry for me 🤷‍♀️ players are back now, others have been rested and we can go back to playing our way. Gutted for Cags! 

I cant be the only one positive, or maybe I haven't had enough sleep after a few busy nightshifts?! 🤷‍♀️😂

Fulham put in a better display than Zorya did. If we played like that against anyone in the PL we’d be loosing by a couple 

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

We had the luxury of having plenty of points on the board last season when things went to pot. We don’t this year. Things could get very ugly very quickly in the run up to and after Christmas if we’re not careful and this shite continues. 

I had to check the table as you would think we are bottom 3 not top 4 and in the next stages of the Europa league 🤷‍♂️

If we play our strongest side then we win the game easily. As usual we have all this crap about the players need to be rested so we end up with 3 players coming back from injury & playing at half pace, & half the rest of the others not up to standard.

I thought we played people vast amounts of money to actually play football, not sit at home on their backsides watching Eastenders

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Credit where its due, Zorya had a tight defence. Their record in this group has been quite respectable, particularly in home conditions. The Europe League is not a Mickey Mouse contest.

We are a bit one dimensional up front. Desperately need a succession plan for Vardy, Nacho just cannot cut it as a lone striker. The other thing we need is a replacement for Dave Rennie, who I think is sorely missed.

I think Ward did well, Under too, and I don't think anyone else was terrible, but playing Hamza and Wilf meant little creativity.

...that was the biggest surprise when the team was announced!!!

We all know that that combination gives us a workmanlike midfield but no vision or control, but we still insist and fail to learn our lesson. Leshabela could have allowed us to link better, we were so poor, taking that option with an U23 would have been worth it.

Edited by sacreblueits442