Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 3-0 post match thread

3 hours ago, Nick said:

He's okay on match of the day, but monotonic charismaless blatant observations of the game based on stereotypes of both players and clubs in real time didn't really do it for me.

I didn't know you were a ginger Col? 

I thought he was refreshingly honest personally and really complimentary about us

I don’t mind Shearer. He generally says what he thinks imo

Cant stand Neville.. or Carragher particularly. 

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought he was refreshingly honest personally and really complimentary about us

I don’t mind Shearer. He generally says what he thinks imo

Cant stand Neville.. or Carragher particularly. 

I didn't hear him say anything of interest at all - he bored me shitless.

I'm not a big fan of Neville or Carragher either - I take your point. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was very close, was half expecting it overturned as it was one of those odd sequences.

Just watched it back, the VAR must have put the line on the defender rather than the ball.

Very close but definitely looks behind the ball, very tidy call from the lino

• Like 1

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just watched it back, the VAR must have put the line on the defender rather than the ball.

Very close but definitely looks behind the ball, very tidy call from the lino

From this it looks pretty clearly onside. Yellow line is on the ball (defender is irrelevant in this case) and the black line is Vardy, with the red showing that his head is still onside despite the perspective.

Correct decision, although not at all surprised it was a VAR check as its very close when watching it live.

879767817_Screenshot2020-12-15at08_47_16.thumb.png.ee60fad2e10ecd838a8cc297648a6915.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

I didn’t call people who disagree idiots. I called you an idiot.

mendy has played very well over all this season, Ndidi is far better player no one would disagree however to slag Mendy off like you did is idiotic. You may not like him fine but to say he is poor is unfair on the lad

So I’m an idiot for not agreeing with you that Mendy has ‘played very well’? Well then I think your an idiot for thinking he has.

I don’t dislike him but I want the best for my club and he’s not good enough for us.

We arnt in 2004-2008 now, we arnt small time with no money, we have a fantastic squad and a manager who is one of the biggest earners in the league, we also have a spanking new training ground and are planning a huge upgrade on the stadium. This means expectations will go higher, top 6 is almost minimum now , which may seem crazy to a club with our yoyo history but is the reality is the current era.

We are 6th in major trophies since the Premier league nearly 30 years ago. We are a big club with even bigger ambitions, we’ve won more in that time than Sky big 6 member Spurs and only below the other 5. In turn this means as a fan base we should stop being so small time and settling for averageness.

Mendy is a player who has been very poor in most games and a few ok games and people want to shoot smoke up his a** like he’s prime makalele. He’s a limited player whose a stop gap to cover for injuries. He’s not good enough and we’ve already played 2 games without him and looked far better in both.

Every game he starts our odds of winning drop and that’s fine if we want to be mid table but our squad as a whole is better than that.

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I am honestly speechless Deano, I really am.

I’m speechless with a lot of crap I read on here but I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I disagree with people I’m not going to nod along like a nodding dog, I’m going to say what I think.

Ive read some of your posts before and to be fair your one of the better posters and I completely agree with your opinions I read on our 5 at the back system being ridiculous vs these lowly teams, so let’s just agree to disagree on this.

20 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

For me Mendy is one of 3 candidates for Player of the Season so far, along with Vardy and Justin.

Question for anybody, but maybe @StriderHiryu most - is there any kind of "real" difference between what we play which is generally called 4-1-4-1 and a 4-3-3.  Like - I get it's a slight difference and some seem to consider them the same thing.  I guess I'm wondering if you think what we play could be called either, and if not, what makes ours 4-1-4-1 and NOT 4-3-3.

You see this kind of comment is laughable. If people honestly hand on heart believe Mendy has had a better season than Tielemens then they are not watching football. Ridiculous comment.

Tielemans Vardy Praet Barnes Justin then Kasper for me in that order. Barnes has been poorly managed but he’s been remarkably good also, arguably the best if he hasn’t been left out so much. Fofana and Evans and even Madders have also been better than him.

Mendy would be slated hard by fans at any clubs with ambition but mediocrity at best is seen as amazing here. These will be the same fans who get upset when media like Chris Sutton calls us mediocre, but that’s the exact reason why.

Looking at Leicester’s fans players of the seasons over the years proves that point. Simon Grayson I mean come on, Gerry Taggart winning it in 99/00, how anyone could pick Gerry that year is beyond me. Then Savage winning it 2 seasons running. I mean Izzet, Lennon and Savage, and the clear weakest player in the trio by a million miles is picked as a fan’s favourite 😂.

I mean Kante, Izzet, Lennon did not receive the fans backing at any point(the latter 2 are arguably 2 of the biggest legends we’ve had) yet average at best Savage gets 2 awards 😂.

Nor did Heskey and only until last year did Vardy receive it, in 17/18 to have Maguire over him(one of our worse goals conceded in a Premier league season) sums it up. 

So I understand the reasoning why people love Mendy but the reality is he’s the weak link and the sooner he’s out the team the better we will do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

So I’m an idiot for not agreeing with you that Mendy has ‘played very well’? Well then I think your an idiot for thinking he has.

I don’t dislike him but I want the best for my club and he’s not good enough for us.

We arnt in 2004-2008 now, we arnt small time with no money, we have a fantastic squad and a manager who is one of the biggest earners in the league, we also have a spanking new training ground and are planning a huge upgrade on the stadium. This means expectations will go higher, top 6 is almost minimum now , which may seem crazy to a club with our yoyo history but is the reality is the current era.

We are 6th in major trophies since the Premier league nearly 30 years ago. We are a big club with even bigger ambitions, we’ve won more in that time than Sky big 6 member Spurs and only below the other 5. In turn this means as a fan base we should stop being so small time and settling for averageness.

Mendy is a player who has been very poor in most games and a few ok games and people want to shoot smoke up his a** like he’s prime makalele. He’s a limited player whose a stop gap to cover for injuries. He’s not good enough and we’ve already played 2 games without him and looked far better in both.

Every game he starts our odds of winning drop and that’s fine if we want to be mid table but our squad as a whole is better than that.

I’m speechless with a lot of crap I read on here but I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I disagree with people I’m not going to nod along like a nodding dog, I’m going to say what I think.

Ive read some of your posts before and to be fair your one of the better posters and I completely agree with your opinions I read on our 5 at the back system being ridiculous vs these lowly teams, so let’s just agree to disagree on this.

You see this kind of comment is laughable. If people honestly hand on heart believe Mendy has had a better season than Tielemens then they are not watching football. Ridiculous comment.

Tielemans Vardy Praet Barnes Justin then Kasper for me in that order. Barnes has been poorly managed but he’s been remarkably good also, arguably the best if he hasn’t been left out so much. Fofana and Evans and even Madders have also been better than him.

Mendy would be slated hard by fans at any clubs with ambition but mediocrity at best is seen as amazing here. These will be the same fans who get upset when media like Chris Sutton calls us mediocre, but that’s the exact reason why.

Looking at Leicester’s fans players of the seasons over the years proves that point. Simon Grayson I mean come on, Gerry Taggart winning it in 99/00, how anyone could pick Gerry that year is beyond me. Then Savage winning it 2 seasons running. I mean Izzet, Lennon and Savage, and the clear weakest player in the trio by a million miles is picked as a fan’s favourite 😂.

I mean Kante, Izzet, Lennon did not receive the fans backing at any point(the latter 2 are arguably 2 of the biggest legends we’ve had) yet average at best Savage gets 2 awards 😂.

Nor did Heskey and only until last year did Vardy receive it, in 17/18 to have Maguire over him(one of our worse goals conceded in a Premier league season) sums it up. 

So I understand the reasoning why people love Mendy but the reality is he’s the weak link and the sooner he’s out the team the better we will do.

I’d mute you but I find reading your posts fascinating. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

**** me how lucky were we to be top of both leagues with that liability in the middle of the park. 

Do you not ever sit back and think, oooh hang on a minute perhaps I've got a blind spot here, pretty much all the fans agree that he's done well this season, the pundits mostly pick him out as being a surprise bonus, the manager has been please with him. 

This just stinks of someone who make some stupid ****ing comment about a player a long time ago and just can't bring himself to admit he got it wrong. You've now gone into Trump denial territory and try and make everything into a case against him. 

We’re near the top of the league because we have a great squad with a few weak links, him being the biggest along with Fuchs who was a good player but well past it and his legs are gone.

We won the league with quite a few weak links.

We had the 2nd lowest chance creation(that’s probably changed as that stat was from before Sheffield Utd) we were up the top of the table because despite this we have a few fantastic players, including one of the worlds best strikers with a sky high conversion rate, a fantastic midfielder who can dictate games and is a mainstay in Europes strongest national team. It was not sustainable and it has come falling down vs Liverpool and Fulham but luckily for us Ndidi has come back and made us stronger which has halted the slump.

We we’re doing well despite carrying him not because of him.

Wes brown was part of probably the greatest premier league team to ever play, with Ronaldo Tevez Rooney Carrick Scholes Vidic Ferdinand Evra Van Der Sar Nani Giggs, I could go on.
A Utd fan claiming Wes Brown is key to that team would be as stupid as Leicester fans claiming Mendy being touted as key to this team.

Mendy is a weak link in a good squad in the same way Wes Brown just filled a gap to cover for Gary Neville in a strong team.

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

So I’d argue that we used to play 4141 but now it’s more of a 433.

Last season it was 4-1-4-1 with Ndidi on his own covering two attacking midfielders in Tielemans and Maddison. until we changed to a back five.

This season the few times we have used a back four, Tielemans has been playing deeper so become more of a 4-2-3-1 again.

Apropos nothing in particular.: Wilf is  a good player isn't he.  Yet mendy has done a super job. he grabbed his opportunity and has done realty well for us.  No doubt about it.  Juts like madison is not the best no10... but he does an above avarage job for us... we should not rubbish the contribution of pappy mendy. I think either wilf or pappy would be a starter in most PL teams

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Last season it was 4-1-4-1 with Ndidi on his own covering two attacking midfielders in Tielemans and Maddison. until we changed to a back five.

This season the few times we have used a back four, Tielemans has been playing deeper so become more of a 4-2-3-1 again.

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

Does anyone know why Vardy wasnt offside yesterday? According the lines I they showed on prime he looked a good half a yard offside?

The back line was broken, he has to only be behind the crosser of the ball...I believe..!!

27 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I wasnt going to respond to this but that post is ridiculously insulting to many Leicester fans of that era - you're basically saying any Leicester fan of the 90's and early 2000's had no clue with regards to football. That's an arrogant moronic way of looking at it. Let me guess, you have no regard for people like Ian Marshall or the improvement of Phil Gilchrist. You probably thought Graham Fenton should've been our main man instead of Cottee ? Mark Robins had more talent then Iwan Roberts ?

Each of the players you listed in that post as "ridiculous" picks for player of the season were deserving of the accolade even with the competition of the other candidates who didnt win it. That doesnt mean they're held in very high regard. Did you ever see the improvement that Gerry Taggart made from his first to his second season ? Simon Grayson from his 97 exploits secured a move to a massive club at the time in Villa. Savage, who I dont hold in very high regard came as a RWB but work his bloody socks off to fill in a role that was vacated by an exceptional player like Garry Parker. 

You seem to have this opinion that you and only you can watch, analyse and dissect football. Whether you want to come across like that or not, I personally couldn't give a shit. However, a bit of advice, its not good to always follow the trend but when your opinion is almost always in the minority, you're probably wrong in your assessment. Its also not a good trait to profess a holier than thou image.  

Regarding Mendy, I'm not going to get into it again. However, saying Mendy has contributed well for the vast majority of this season does NOT mean he is better then Ndidi. Very few people will make that claim. Saying he has been "shit" means you've missed his contribution that others (not just dumbass city fans who are not worthy) including respected pundits have picked up on. 

Mendy is a serviceable back up for Ndidi but I think most have gotten carried away with his performances this season. His defensive output isn’t great and his passing is very safe - he’s a steady player because he plays without making risks, a few good performances doesn’t change that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

**** me how lucky were we to be top of both leagues with that liability in the middle of the park. 

Do you not ever sit back and think, oooh hang on a minute perhaps I've got a blind spot here, pretty much all the fans agree that he's done well this season, the pundits mostly pick him out as being a surprise bonus, the manager has been please with him. 

This just stinks of someone who make some stupid ****ing comment about a player a long time ago and just can't bring himself to admit he got it wrong. You've now gone into Trump denial territory and try and make everything into a case against him. 

Deano a legend Trump twin...:crylaugh:

I think Mendy suffers to a degree what Praet & Perez suffer in perception. I quite understand that some can't see their merits, however, but quite often their function isn't flash, and might be as prosaic as savvy positioning, or recycling possession, providing safe outlets and so forth. 

That isn't to say any of them don't have their faults, of course. Drives me nuts when Perez gets knocked off the ball, but Tielemans dawdling and getting caught in possession does too.