Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 3-0 post match thread

Some of the stuff we played 1st half were mesmerizing. Also nice controlled an professionel 2nd half to see it out with minimum fuss.

Confident Maddison is back and what a talent he is, when he is on song. JJ is some player; constantly helping the team out changing positions and still among the better performers each game. Ndidi's presence makes everyone else better. Schmeichel with the important early saves. Vardy being Vardy. Everyone else putting in a good shift.

Pure delight! :wub:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebeau said:

I think we all agree that JJ is some player & can only get even better.  MOM against Brighton.

Just watch Dickhead Southgate overlook him at next England game!

Shame for the lad, but actually quite like that the players get a rest by not being called up. Wish NI would do it with Evans 

6 minutes ago, bluebeau said:

I think we all agree that JJ is some player & can only get even better.  MOM against Brighton.

I think he's been our most consistent player this season. Kind of glad Southgate overlooks him. England trips seem to be the latest place to tap up our players.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Foxeyman said:

Ndidi adding some tasty passes to his game even makes it more thrilling, that one beautiful defence splitting pass he sent out side to JJ was something to relish. 

If he wasn't the best DM in the league already, he'd be promoted after that match :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Did Mendy lay one in your car or something or worse? You are really boring and annoying with your comparisons with Wilf and what appears mostly a childish vendetta I have to say week after week. Look at the cack you've written above. I used to laugh but frankly I find it hugely insulting to Mendy whose displays this season have also contributed significantly to us being where we are. We are lucky to have both players and you should support the team and both, not endlessly bore the feck out of us after every game. 

I personally hope he gets the direct line to Brendan that Brendan so obviously needs. 

Imagine how good we could be if only Brendan would bow to his superior knowledge. (notwithstanding that he obviously has a point re 5 atb but christ he makes it sound so simple. If only we could all be that clever (/sanctimonious/over-confident) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Anyone else think that the pitch didn't look up to its usual standards last night? I thought it appeared to be cutting up quite a bit. Don't recall seeing it like for a long while. 

I was thinking this is the worst I’ve seen our pitch. But like the players wear and tear I suppose takes its toll. 

2 hours ago, bluebeau said:

Its difficult for him unfortunately, because England is absolutely stacked with RBs. TAA, Walker, AWB, Trippier, Maitland-Niles etc. And even on the left, you've got the likes of Chilwell who he'd have to dislodge. 

He absolutely deserves it, but its probably the hardest position for anyone to break into right now. Particularly if he starts losing minutes to Ricardo and Castagne, which isnt out of the question.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Anyone else think that the pitch didn't look up to its usual standards last night? I thought it appeared to be cutting up quite a bit. Don't recall seeing it like for a long while. 

Might have something to do with this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We didn’t do much as flick a switch, but more that we ACTUALLY clicked that we work better as a 4 at the back and with an extra attacking threat rather than inviting teams on,

Make no mistake , if we concede to welbeck , we lose the game just like vs Fulham.

It shows how good we can be and how good the potential of this team can be if BR actually lets us play. I’ve said this countlessly for months and it’s so obvious, yet BR has never learnt until hopefully he’s finally swallowed his pride and realised he was wrong.

Wilf absolutely ran the show. He’s not even in the same breath as Mendy and is on a completely different level.

Id not be suprised if Wilf won more tackles today than Mendys won in his entire Leicester career. Wilfs passing is much better and as today proves, is capable of a variation of long and short passes, Wilf  also doesn’t get run around, he’s tougher, intercepts , tackles, 50/50s, stronger in the air etc. It’s not even a comparison.

Might as well compare Jamie Vardy to Elvis Hammond whilst we’re at it.

We get it, you don't rate Mendy. Can you please drop it now because it's getting tedious and your comparisons are becoming more ludicrous by the day.

I notice you haven't claimed Maddison only about our 5th most skilled player (or was it 8th?) again, why is that?

Who is next for you to take a personal dislike to?

7 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Did Mendy lay one in your car or something or worse? You are really boring and annoying with your comparisons with Wilf and what appears mostly a childish vendetta I have to say week after week. Look at the cack you've written above. I used to laugh but frankly I find it hugely insulting to Mendy whose displays this season have also contributed significantly to us being where we are. We are lucky to have both players and you should support the team and both, not endlessly bore the feck out of us after every game. 

I could also say the same to you, is he your son or something? I know you love him and always think he’s a fantastic player but I’m allowed my opinion on him.

Wilf is on a completely different level in every single way, it’s so clear to see. Mendy has filled a gap and made us a weaker team, that’s my opinion. The reason we are still doing well is because we have a class squad around us. It’s nothing personal to him, I don’t dislike him but it’s just what I see and he’s the weakest link in our side.

Does that mean I dislike him? No. Does that mean I don’t want him to do well? No. Does that mean I think we could be better with a better player in there? Yes.

Thats nothing childish or personal. It’s my opinion and I’d be patronising you if I said otherwise.

Ive said for months the 2 biggest problems we’ve had:

Needing Wilf back over Mendy.

Changing that sh*te negative formation vs the lower teams.

Last 2 games Wilf starts finally, AEK we also went to a 4141, Brighton we changed formation.

Result = 2 clean sheets, our 2 most convincing wins, our best open attacking football.
For months I’ve been saying how good we can be when we get Wilf(Castange and Ricardo also) back and BR takes the handbrake off and actually gives us a chance to show how good we are and it’s clearly shown in the last few games how good we CAN be if we do all this.

Its took a while but it’s clearly been staring me in the face.

22 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Mendy has played well this season regardless of what idiots on this forum say. The fact that Ndidi is a better player is irrelevant. Ndidi was injured Mendy stepped up and helped us into the top 4. So please lay off him as he is a quality midfielder and I for one am glad he is at our club. 

He hasn’t played well this season overall in my opinion. He’s played ok in a few games and been very poor in others. He looked so far out of his depth vs West Ham, Villa, Wolves, Liverpool and Fulham. He’s had a few decent games vs Man City, Leeds and Arsenal.

Wilf is a unique talent, all the top clubs will be looking at him. Mendy is a journeyman , a grafter but ultimately extremely limited.

Mendy didn’t start any of our Europa league matches and Everton, we played fantastically in every one of those games scoring tons, ‘coincidentally’. He only came on vs Zorya and even then we were 0-0 before and lost after he came on.

We look so much better without him on the pitch and Wilf is on another planet. You lost your argument calling people ‘idiots’ who disagree.
Calling Mendy a ‘quality’ midfielder is very laughable but I won’t insult you by your opinion despite in my eyes being very funny.

Ive seen people on here saying they would rather have Mendy than Kante and Vardy isn’t good enough for professional football and I don’t call them ‘idiots’.

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He hasn’t played well this season overall in my opinion. He’s played ok in a few games and been very poor in others. He looked so far out of his depth vs West Ham, Villa, Wolves, Liverpool and Fulham. He’s had a few decent games vs Man City, Leeds and Arsenal.

Wilf is a unique talent, all the top clubs will be looking at him. Mendy is a journeyman , a grafter but ultimately extremely limited.

Mendy didn’t start any of our Europa league matches and Everton, we played fantastically in every one of those games scoring tons, ‘coincidentally’. He only came on vs Zorya and even then we were 0-0 before and lost after he came on.

We look so much better without him on the pitch and Wilf is on another planet. You lost your argument calling people ‘idiots’ who disagree.
Calling Mendy a ‘quality’ midfielder is very laughable but I won’t insult you by your opinion despite in my eyes being very funny.

Ive seen people on here saying they would rather have Mendy than Kante and Vardy isn’t good enough for professional football and I don’t call them ‘idiots’.

laughable, very laughable

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We get it, you don't rate Mendy. Can you please drop it now because it's getting tedious and your comparisons are becoming more ludicrous by the day.

I notice you haven't claimed Maddison only about our 5th most skilled player (or was it 8th?) again, why is that?

Who is next for you to take a personal dislike to?

It’s not a personal dislike. It’s an opinion. I love Fuchs for what he’s done for this club but he’s well past it and our weak link along with Mendy. Them 2 in the team are not on the level of the rest. It’s ok to have an opinion how we can improve, it’s nothing personal. I want us to be the best we can be and literally win the league this year. We won’t have a chance with Mendy and Fuchs as mainstays.

What are you talking about with Maddison ? I’ve not mentioned anything about him except a reply to the thread started saying ‘should he start’ and obviously I thought that was a ridiculous question and it was more the stupid formation as to why he struggles.

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What are you talking about with Maddison ? I’ve not mentioned anything about him except a reply to the thread started saying ‘should he start’ and obviously I thought that was a ridiculous question and it was more the stupid formation as to why he struggles.

Apologies, getting you mixed up with Tom12345

I wonder why?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I personally hope he gets the direct line to Brendan that Brendan so obviously needs. 

Imagine how good we could be if only Brendan would bow to his superior knowledge. (notwithstanding that he obviously has a point re 5 atb but christ he makes it sound so simple. If only we could all be that clever (/sanctimonious/over-confident) 

My opinion has been that way for ages. It’s not over confidence, it’s really watching every single game and statistic and in depth analysis and making my opinions based on it.

I would of probably not set up 5 at the back vs Man City and lost. BR got a result there, does that mean we can’t criticise him?

No. He did well vs City and then didn’t change vs West Ham which I went crazy about at the time because it was ridiculous. He has made lots of mistakes and I’m allowed to disagree/criticise without meaning that makes me arrogant.

For what it’s worth , despite losing faith with him by his ideas quite a few times, I have always wanted him to stay and never actually said ‘I want him sacked’.
I think he’s a good manager and think his limitations are why he’s our level and not at a bigger club.

If he gets us top 4 and/or wins a Europa league then maybe we could start to talk about him in a More ‘top level’ coach. Until then he’s just a decent/good coach whose doing pretty well with a very talented group of lads.

• Like 1