Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Undr The Cosh

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But it's a common theme that if he doesn't like you or you don't fit in then his way of handling that person is through aggression both physical and mental. There's been plenty of other managers do this in the past too, it's old skool and is never frowned upon as much as it would be in any normal profession.

I admire Pearson for being a strong manager and he sets out what he expects and wants and that's reaped success, especially for us but he could and can still do all of that without treating those he doesn't want or like like a piece of shit. 

Yeah I genuinely can't think of any other scenario where he allegedly phased someone out through aggression physically and emotionally? Also we're taking Mills' word for it here, seems a bit weird that he wouldn't go for some kind of disciplinary action against Pearson. 

• Like 1

Just watched this and I find it hard to believe he didn’t do a thing wrong regarding Pearson, trying to make out he’s the big victim, he’s got a high opinion of himself for sure! Pearson was an excellent judge of player character and was proven right beyond doubt about mills, he built a fantastic team that were promoted as champions followed by the great escape, what did mills ever accomplish after he left us? The arrogant **** did **** all! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I genuinely can't think of any other scenario where he allegedly phased someone out through aggression physically and emotionally? Also we're taking Mills' word for it here, seems a bit weird that he wouldn't go for some kind of disciplinary action against Pearson. 

I mean he fell out with St Ledger, Beckford, Mills and Marshall all in the space of a few months. I get they weren't his players (bar Marshall) and he was trying to rebuild us after the disaster of the Sven era but that's Pearson's style, happy to have confrontation to deal with it rather than be honest with the players but in a respectful manner.

There's been others allude to him not being the nicest of blokes but hey ho, as a manager he was brilliant here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I mean he fell out with St Ledger, Beckford, Mills and Marshall all in the space of a few months. I get they weren't his players (bar Marshall) and he was trying to rebuild us after the disaster of the Sven era but that's Pearson's style, happy to have confrontation to deal with it rather than be honest with the players but in a respectful manner.

There's been others allude to him not being the nicest of blokes but hey ho, as a manager he was brilliant here. 

St Ledger got plenty of games after NP came back didn't he? Albeit he wasn't first choice. Mills was the only one that literally had the door slammed in his face.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure he made up with St Ledger didn't he? As for Beckford wasn't this an alleged falling out? I've not heard Beckford state he was bullied or intimated? 

Additionally Ben Marshall loves Pearson, so he can't have been treated terribly despite not ending up in his plans. Marshall also admits that he wasn't the best pro either so...

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

St Ledger got plenty of games after NP came back didn't he? Albeit he wasn't first choice. Mills was the only one that literally had the door slammed in his face.

You’re right mate Pearson did play st ledger until a bad injury and also persevered with beckford for a while, I seem to recall him saying in an interview “he’ll get more out of him” 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Mills played a fair bit too, so something changed.

St Ledger got transfer listed for daring to ask why he'd been dropped, funnily enough for Matt Mills. Although there was possibly more to it than that, St Ledger may have reacted badly to it.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pearson binning off Mills for our Wes was a masterstroke. Who gives a fvck what this guy has to say honestly.

Sorry, that doesn't wash with me. If what Mills says is true (I suspect some of it is very exagerrated) then Pearson still hasn't acted right there and backs up my suspicion that he's a bit of a brash bully if he doesn't like you.

As I've previously said, in any normal way of life those antics aren't acceptable and shouldn't be in football either. Blokes a bit of a dick, just a very successful one here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash with me. If what Mills says is true (I suspect some of it is very exagerrated) then Pearson still hasn't acted right there and backs up my suspicion that he's a bit of a brash bully if he doesn't like you.

As I've previously said, in any normal way of life those antics aren't acceptable and shouldn't be in football either. Blokes a bit of a dick, just a very successful one here.

Cmon ric I really respect your opinions and normally enjoy your posts but without Pearson **** knows where we’d be as a club now mate, he’s a legend in my eyes and made me proud of my club again after years of heartbreak, he’s no angel but he transformed everything about club, most of his ex players love him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Listen to the Marshall (who you've used as an example to back up your point) episode, he states how Pearson was brilliant and the perception of him was wrong. Also states Mills was a tit and was the only person in football he'd actually say that about. You have your suspicions that he's a bully based on this Mills story and reports he fell out with other players (falling out is clearly different to bullying) but bar Mills I haven't heard anything about him forcing players out of the club unacceptably 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:
I met him at a party when he played for us. Slagged him off to Matt Elliot who was also there. Didn’t know Mills was seeing his daughter at the time :S
He ( Mills) stormed off after I called him ginger. 
Bit of a bell ain’t he.

They’re married now I think 

Edit; not Matt Mills and Matty Elliot lol 

Edited by Manini

Mills throws in tidbits in there about being a knob. I.e when training with the youth team he would kick balls into the middle of the session of the firsts. Also tries to talk up being a model

pro and taking things seriously. That doesn’t add up lad.

Also, how ****ing weird does Brendan sound? Started speaking Spanish in a tactics meeting when none of them spoke the language. When questioned on his tactics he looked down and muttered ‘Gucci belt’. Wtf lol 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Strange one really because other players you'd expect to have big egos and profiles (Schmeichel, Nugent, Konchesky) all speak really highly of Pearson.

Mills pretty confirmed there was a culture of piss taking and piss-ups under Sven and maybe he bore the brunt of the clampdown because he was captain?

Mills said many times in that podcast that a lot of his coaches were crap and he didn't get on with them so I'd imagine he's a tit as well.

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Two things can be true at the same time. Pearson was great for us and also sometimes he was a bully to people he didn't like. Even if half of what Mills is saying is true, which lines up with what we've heard of Pearson before, then he's acted like a ****.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Two things can be true at the same time. Pearson was great for us and also sometimes he was a bully to people he didn't like. Even if half of what Mills is saying is true, which lines up with what we've heard of Pearson before, then he's acted like a ****.

Any examples of bullying you can name? (Not Mills or the journo that called him a bully)

• Like 1

Even in the year he was with us in the PL, he was losing the plot. 

Ostrich gate 

FOAD

Strangling McCarthy

Schmeichel and Vardy can say how great he was until the cows come home, it still doesn't justify some of the stuff Pearson have done. 

• Like 1