Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Undr The Cosh

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Before the pandemic, those guys were trying to sell tickets for a live episode with Sean St. Ledger at a bar in NYC for $85. 😂

$85 if purchased over a month in advance, they were $100 if purchased within a month of the event.

UTC kindly offered discounts to groups of more than…twenty. lol

Edited by The_77
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just signed up to their patreon and will be giving the Walsh episode a listen tonight. 

Fair few City related one's on there, most of the episodes away from City are very good though. The Onouha one is really good in terms of not being the standard kind of script and stories. 

• 6 months later...

Another good episode (with Tony Pulis). He mentioned some stories about Jonny Evans while managing him at West Brom. Interesting to hear that Jonny was over cautious with injury’s, slight knock and he would rule himself out of games. He would get a knock on a Saturday and his mindsight was immediately that he would be out for the following weekend. Great professional and player for him, but at times he would have to overrule him to get him to play (he would play and then get motm). Always wanted to play at 100% fitness. Can imagine him convincing Rodgers that he ‘isn’t quite right’ when a manager like Pulis or Sir Alex would have just played him 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Another good episode (with Tony Pulis). He mentioned some stories about Jonny Evans while managing him at West Brom. Interesting to hear that Jonny was over cautious with injury’s, slight knock and he would rule himself out of games. He would get a knock on a Saturday and his mindsight was immediately that he would be out for the following weekend. Great professional and player for him, but at times he would have to overrule him to get him to play (he would play and then get motm). Always wanted to play at 100% fitness. Can imagine him convincing Rodgers that he ‘isn’t quite right’ when a manager like Pulis or Sir Alex would have just played him 

Don't think that's the case at all, if anything Evans has been used when it was clear he was in a bad way and low and behold he'd then be out for months. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't think that's the case at all, if anything Evans has been used when it was clear he was in a bad way and low and behold he'd then be out for months. 

He seems on occasions to recover for Ireland though. 

My son told me about this episode and particularly the Evans bit which was very interesting and it had been mentioned to me a long time ago about such things by a West Brom season ticket mate in similar fashion.

Nobody was questioning his ability or professionalism however as he'd eat right and do extra work in the gym, he merely wanted to be the best he could on the pitch. It was more a mental block. Was it Klopp that once said over Sturridge that no player is ever going remain fit all season and sometimes, depending what the injury or niggle is, you have to carry on. 

We don't know about Rodgers, but he certainly hasn't got the guile and gravitas of Ferguson or probably even Pulis. Plus Evans is older now, been round the block and is less likely to be cajoled into anything. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Danny Simpson was with them the other week so expect that to hopefully be released soon.

Class! I stopped watching their podcasts as the guests were shite/irrelevant to Leicester but looks like they’re bringing some good guests on.

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Class! I stopped watching their podcasts as the guests were shite/irrelevant to Leicester but looks like they’re bringing some good guests on.

Not Leicester related because they're of interest regardless aren't they but I've actually found some of the better one's to be folk I've never heard of or know little about outside of football. 

• Like 3

On 15/12/2021 at 20:19, The People's Hero said:

Careful there mate, this is exactly the kind of common-sense, real-world thinking that gets the Pearson zealots all riled up and filling your direct message inbox with disgusting abuse.

FOAD! 😆 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Second part is out, the story about Ronaldo in LA is fvcking brilliant 😂

Really good listen that part

Just hearing about how much he loved the club, how when things were really bad for him after he left he couldn't even watch us and he was just wishing he was still with us just shows how much of a "brotherhood" it all was

Edited by moore_94

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Really good listen that part

Just hearing about how much he loved the club, how when things were really bad for him after he left he couldn't even watch us and he was just wishing he was still with us just shows how much of a "brotherhood" it all was

Also about Hernandez starting in the CL, and Ranieri not even explaining the decision 

On 09/02/2023 at 08:00, volpeazzurro said:

He seems on occasions to recover for Ireland though. 

My son told me about this episode and particularly the Evans bit which was very interesting and it had been mentioned to me a long time ago about such things by a West Brom season ticket mate in similar fashion.

Nobody was questioning his ability or professionalism however as he'd eat right and do extra work in the gym, he merely wanted to be the best he could on the pitch. It was more a mental block. Was it Klopp that once said over Sturridge that no player is ever going remain fit all season and sometimes, depending what the injury or niggle is, you have to carry on. 

We don't know about Rodgers, but he certainly hasn't got the guile and gravitas of Ferguson or probably even Pulis. Plus Evans is older now, been round the block and is less likely to be cajoled into anything. 

We're never going to have a manager with the Gravitas of Ferguson. But Rodgers has more than most, certainly more than Pulis.

Just because Foxestalk views him a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We're never going to have a manager with the Gravitas of Ferguson. But Rodgers has more than most, certainly more than Pulis.

Just because Foxestalk views him a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

Ignore the invective, Rodgers is not a bad manager , he is done here though , he is out of ideas and its time to go. Only money is keeping him here and that is down to that ridiculous contract. We must never do that again.

• Like 3

On 21/02/2023 at 23:40, The whole world smiles said:

Spoiler alert he doesn't really talk about Leicester in this one. I normally love anything with the title winners in it but found this a bit of a slog. Reckon the 2nd one where he discuss's his Yr at City will be loads better.

He was at the TG last night and said hello to me, seemed a nice chap. Was suprised to see him there that late.