Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Undr The Cosh

On 19/12/2020 at 12:16, Rain King said:

The podcast has some decent guests with some good stories but Parkin is a dreadful host as is the so called comedian. The ex footballer Chris Brown is alright.

Gets tedious after you've listened to a few as Parkin just wants to talk about them going out getting pissed which ain't all that interesting to listen to. 

Yeah, agree with all of this. Very hit and miss. I really enjoyed the Matt Piper one and the Iain Hume one, the Clarke Carlisle one was brilliant too but too many of their podcasts just descend into players boasting about the stupid things they got up to while pissed - gets very repetitive. The Ben Marshall episode being a prime example. Thought he came across as a total dick who squandered his talent- he seemed weirdly proud of the fact that he'd wasted his career being a 'lad'. 

There are some brilliant one's though, the Baz Rathbone one is fascinating. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Martin Allen on this time here.

What an incredibly tough person to listen to. Imagine having to put up with that as a player. He goes through about 5 different personalities in as many minutes.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The sacking story is brutal.

I don’t even know if he realises but he was deposed because a group of senior players wanted rid and went to Milan about it. He’ll realise if he is an avid user of FT and reads this comment lol

...the story he recanted regarding Clarke's medical emergency was not how I remember it!!!

Who was it that was in charge at the time, when we gave Forest the "walk in" goal, them having being 1 - 0 ahead at half time and the game was abandoned. I thought he was in charge at the time of the replay, but I must be mistaken as he was there and claims he was sacked the next day after Clarke's emergency.

I just do not quite believe him, just get a feeling there is a showman infront of you.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the story he recanted regarding Clarke's medical emergency was not how I remember it!!!

Who was it that was in charge at the time, when we gave Forest the "walk in" goal, them having being 1 - 0 ahead at half time and the game was abandoned. I thought he was in charge at the time of the replay, but I must be mistaken as he was there and claims he was sacked the next day after Clarke's emergency.

I just do not quite believe him, just get a feeling there is a showman infront of you.

It was Megson in charge for the replayed game.  He walked out about 5 mins after the game had started so he did not bring the attention on him or something and we gave them a goal start.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The abandoned Forest vs Leicester was 28th August 2007.

Allen was sacked on the 29th so his timeline is correct.

• Like 4

I am genuinely curious how we would have got on with him in charge if he had been allowed full control. We massively needed a rebuild and Milan’s meddling was a constant problem for us. 

It was a massive step up for him but for me he was a good appointment at the time.

Hearing about how bad our club was run is infuriating, such a low point for us. But I remember at the time being desperate for us to sign JFH

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Go to 8:00 for Mills on the Pearson head butt and his time at Leicester. I think this is a classic case of there being two sides to every story!

Yeah he comes across as a right arrogant ****, which is probably why he’s achieved **** all in football :) 

• Like 3

On 30/04/2021 at 02:33, Lambert09 said:

I am genuinely curious how we would have got on with him in charge if he had been allowed full control. We massively needed a rebuild and Milan’s meddling was a constant problem for us. 

It was a massive step up for him but for me he was a good appointment at the time.

Hearing about how bad our club was run is infuriating, such a low point for us. But I remember at the time being desperate for us to sign JFH

All evidence available suggests we’d have done pretty badly.

Holloway gets most of the blame for that season but, it was the first time in ages that we’d got a pot to piss in, and MA wasted it on a high number of poor quality signings. 

I think there’s a reason that after us he only managed the likes of Cheltenham, Notts County and Barnet. Not good enough but, to be fair, neither were Megson and Holloway at that level. 

If Pearson likes a player then he obviously looks after them, you only have to look at Vardy for that. He obviously did not rate Mills and rightly so because he was shit. 

I'm never a fan of one person coming out with such a one sided story though.

10 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Walked out of the Under The Cosh in Sheffield after 10mins last month when they were doing it with Windass. 

Too much heckling etc

Strikes me as an event that doesn't require a crowd. You border on dinner theatre rather than candid interview. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true about Pearson, the man is a borderline bully but we turn a blind eye to that because he's also fantastic if you buy in to what we wants you to be part of, but bad luck to those he doesn't fancy even if you try and knuckle down.

It's a blot on Pearson's copy book how he has to be like this.

Clearly more to the reasoning of Pearson not liking him, Marshall and other players haven't exactly had the best things to say about him (Mills) either. Let's be honest as well as Mills articulates himself, he does sound a bit of a killjoy. What other cases of alleged bullying has there been? (Bar that journo)

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Clearly more to the reasoning of Pearson not liking him, Marshall and other players haven't exactly had the best things to say about him (Mills) either. Let's be honest as well as Mills articulates himself, he does sound a bit of a killjoy. What other cases of alleged bullying has there been? (Bar that journo)

But it's a common theme that if he doesn't like you or you don't fit in then his way of handling that person is through aggression both physical and mental. There's been plenty of other managers do this in the past too, it's old skool and is never frowned upon as much as it would be in any normal profession.

I admire Pearson for being a strong manager and he sets out what he expects and wants and that's reaped success, especially for us but he could and can still do all of that without treating those he doesn't want or like like a piece of shit. 

• Like 1