Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Undr The Cosh

So the comments that Simpson made. 

Clattenburg refereed us twice in the back end of the Season. 

West Brom(H) 2-2 - No bookings for us

Swansea (H) 4-0 - Huth booked on the 81st minute for a bad foul. It could be that game OR he has the wrong ref.

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The comments on that tweet hahah spurs fans are something else entirely 

Thing is though, who does this help? Just adds bullshit fuel to the fire and creates some unwanted questions.

It is wrong how he decided not to send any Spurs players off in the Chelsea game just because he didn't want to be accused of spoiling their title challenge. He shouldn't have been thinking of himself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Thing is though, who does this help? Just adds bullshit fuel to the fire and creates some unwanted questions.

It is wrong how he decided not to send any Spurs players off in the Chelsea game just because he didn't want to be accused of spoiling their title challenge. He shouldn't have been thinking of himself.

What the comments on the tweet or the Simpson comments?

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

So the comments that Simpson made. 

Clattenburg refereed us twice in the back end of the Season. 

West Brom(H) 2-2 - No bookings for us

Swansea (H) 4-0 - Huth booked on the 81st minute for a bad foul. It could be that game OR he has the wrong ref.

He said it was Drinkwater I'm sure so not sure which game

18 hours ago, shailen said:

He said it was Drinkwater I'm sure so not sure which game

He does. Drinkwater wasn't booked in either, yet he says he was on a second yellow. Either of the following. 

A. Wrong Ref. 

B. Wrong Player and it was Huth... 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's funny seeing Spurs fans go off on one again but Simpson shouldn't have said that.

Was already enough of a jealous and bitter contingent that relentlessly downplay our title win because their teams haven't won anything for 50 years. 

These shit lad banter podcasts just make the guests try and outdo each other with outrageous stories that are drastically exaggerated because there's no longer any repercussions to what they're saying. 

• Like 3

Sorry Danny, but I call horseshit. "he said something like."

Seems to me that Simpson can't remember what was said (if anything) and is reaching for an amusing, half-truth anecdote on a football banter podcast having not for a second thought about the consequences of what he's saying.

This could cause an absolute scandal for the Premier League. 

No wonder Clattenburg is considering legal action. 

• Like 3

Yeah, it seems like he's exaggerated something for effect. Stupid thing to say especially as it appears it doesn't really tally up with the games Clattenburg refereed us in as Ashley mentioned.

Not surprised he is considering taking action.

• Like 1

Simpson you idiot lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11816825/Mark-Clattenburg-denies-preposterous-claims-refused-send-Leicester-player-2015-16.html?fbclid=IwAR15RjUig6sYkdx1bavTNPHgT5NmHtIw125yzTGvrIOaOBEbUfGv4JmQZuw

Mark Clattenburg denies Danny Simpson's 'preposterous' claims that he refused to send off a Leicester player because he wanted them to win Premier League in 2015/16… with the ex-referee now considering legal action

The 47-year-old told Sportsmail: ‘I fully deny the allegations made by Danny Simpson. I find them preposterous. They are very serious and could question my integrity. 

To suggest I told a player that I wanted Leicester to win the league is ridiculous. It would have been picked up by our microphones.

‘I did not book Danny Drinkwater during that season. His claims have absolutely no substance and I have no idea why, seven years later, he has chosen to say this. The matter is now with my lawyer.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Simpson you idiot lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11816825/Mark-Clattenburg-denies-preposterous-claims-refused-send-Leicester-player-2015-16.html?fbclid=IwAR15RjUig6sYkdx1bavTNPHgT5NmHtIw125yzTGvrIOaOBEbUfGv4JmQZuw

Mark Clattenburg denies Danny Simpson's 'preposterous' claims that he refused to send off a Leicester player because he wanted them to win Premier League in 2015/16… with the ex-referee now considering legal action

The 47-year-old told Sportsmail: ‘I fully deny the allegations made by Danny Simpson. I find them preposterous. They are very serious and could question my integrity. 

To suggest I told a player that I wanted Leicester to win the league is ridiculous. It would have been picked up by our microphones.

‘I did not book Danny Drinkwater during that season. His claims have absolutely no substance and I have no idea why, seven years later, he has chosen to say this. The matter is now with my lawyer.’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/04/mark-clattenburg-allowed-spurs-self-destruct-title-leicester-chelsea

Alright Mark, the absolute definition of integrity here

Clattenburg booked nine Spurs players in the 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge but says he could have sent off up to three. The former Premier League official has explained that he went in with a “gameplan” which would avoid him being blamed for deciding the title.

“I allowed them [Tottenham] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: ‘Tottenham lost the title,’” Clattenburg told NBC’s Men in Blazers podcast.

“If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? ‘Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.’ It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title.”

Tottenham led 2-0 at Stamford Bridge and needed to win to retain a chance of overhauling Leicester. Their midfielder Mousa Dembélé received a six-match ban from the Football Association for gouging one of the eyes of the then Chelsea striker Diego Costa. Spurs were two goals ahead when that incident, which went unpunished on the night, occurred. Both clubs were fined for failing to control their players.

“I helped the game,” Clattenburg added. “I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing. Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would’ve been looking for an excuse. But I didn’t give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: let them lose the title.”

• Like 1

Yeah, Clattenburg's own conduct wasn't exactly great but Simpson has been a total berk here. If you are going to have a "bombshell" revelation at least get some facts half right. You would imagine, if he had said it, that opposition players might have kicked off about it and it would have come out well before some fairly minor podcast episode years later.

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think Dannys had too much powder up his nose over the years thats frazzled his brain. Still not as bad as Gerry Taggart dropping himself in it saying he put a massive bet on Gary Megson getting the Bolton job when walking in on a meeting at the training ground.. all while he was a coach there

Don't know about the powder up nose but I think Danny is shooting a line in the traditional sense.

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think Dannys had too much powder up his nose over the years thats frazzled his brain. Still not as bad as Gerry Taggart dropping himself in it saying he put a massive bet on Gary Megson getting the Bolton job when walking in on a meeting at the training ground.. all while he was a coach there

Or Matt Le Tissier admitting he kicked the ball straight out of play to get his mates some money.

Doing all this research into heading the ball, just watch these ****ing podcasts for all the research you need lads.