Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Undr The Cosh

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash with me. If what Mills says is true (I suspect some of it is very exagerrated) then Pearson still hasn't acted right there and backs up my suspicion that he's a bit of a brash bully if he doesn't like you.

As I've previously said, in any normal way of life those antics aren't acceptable and shouldn't be in football either. Blokes a bit of a dick, just a very successful one here.

Pearson is not a dick he is a great bloke. Who thinks he is a bully?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Any examples of bullying you can name? (Not Mills or the journo that called him a bully)

The Ostrich gate was weird tbf. Had that been Klopp or Mourinho they'd be hammered on here. 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Even in the year he was with us in the PL, he was losing the plot. 

Ostrich gate 

FOAD

Strangling McCarthy

Schmeichel and Vardy can say how great he was until the cows come home, it still doesn't justify some of the stuff Pearson have 

Agreed his media persona was a bit odd at times that season 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As I've previously said, in any normal way of life those antics aren't acceptable and shouldn't be in football either. Blokes a bit of a dick, just a very successful one here

Football is a different dynamic tbf, but players are still humans and just because they are crap or have bad attitudes, it doesn't warrant mistreatment. 

Whatever we think of Mills, and I tend to go with the majority, for me, it was far more interesting to hear what he said about Brendan Rodgers at Reading. It paints a certain picture of him which has also been mirrored by Glen Johnson when at Liverpool. Worth listening to and would be interesting to hear people's thoughts. It certainly tends to explain some of our problems with Rodgers because it tends to corroborate some of our posters concerns on here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true about Pearson, the man is a borderline bully but we turn a blind eye to that because he's also fantastic if you buy in to what we wants you to be part of, but bad luck to those he doesn't fancy even if you try and knuckle down.

It's a blot on Pearson's copy book how he has to be like this.

I would imagine there's so many accuracies in Mill's accounts. I can see NP walking into the joint like a baddy out of karate kid 100%. What Matt fails to address is why! It's bordering on pantomime for him to suggest that Nigel charged in and just started picking on him for no reason like he suggests in his interview. NFP would know how a dressing room should be run and would have been clued up and gone for the jugular ASAP.

Mills was poison back in the day and we all knew it, he never sat right with any of us IIRC -  I remember that being pretty apparent across the fan base at the time.

@Ric Flair, I can understand your point of view but you'll remember the doldrums - It was the darkest times and we were rotten to the core in the same cycle of shit that seemed never ending.

Yes, NP came in and planted some heads (literally) but he lay the foundations for the club we have now. 

I don't think he was a bully. I'd imagine a dressing room of 20 odd egos must be hard to manage though and he would have pushed the limits for the good of the club. 

• Like 4

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Whatever we think of Mills, and I tend to go with the majority, for me, it was far more interesting to hear what he said about Brendan Rodgers at Reading. It paints a certain picture of him which has also been mirrored by Glen Johnson when at Liverpool. Worth listening to and would be interesting to hear people's thoughts. It certainly tends to explain some of our problems with Rodgers because it tends to corroborate some of our posters concerns on here.

Can you give us time stamp? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

The Ostrich gate was weird tbf. Had that been Klopp or Mourinho they'd be hammered on here. 

Fair, it wasn't acceptable and he was rightly criticised and did the right thing by apologising the next day.

3 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Yeah he comes across as a right arrogant ****, which is probably why he’s achieved **** all in football :) 

I thought he came across alright, admitted his own failings "I isolated myself" "I shouldn't have been made captain" etc I actually found his version quite beliveable. 

We all love Pearson but we all would admit you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him. Sounds like Mills was big time lol

He reminds me of guys I know. The ones that just tell the part of a story that suits their agenda and if questioned just make is seem like there was a really odd thing. Almost like they forget to add in the part of the story that ties it all together. 

Pearson may have some faults, he probably was a bit of a nod at times but if you watch how Mills talks about other people he didnt like... yet again these weird storys come out. 

The Pearson just headbutted me, without any real argument.... the Brendan just pointed to his belt and said Gucci Belt.... nobody in the world actually acts like that... much less people whos professions are based on communication. But sure, it sounds funny on a podcast when you frame it like that. 

The reality is probably closer to having a whole conversation with brendan, then matt mills says thats a nice belt and brendans replied saying yeah its gucci. Almost guarantee this lad is just twisting shi*... just look at his face

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mills goes on how professional he was and how hard he worked but he was pants from the start. Remember Birmingham away stupid 2 footed ? Only game he was decent in was Southampton away. Didn’t he get sent off at hull aswell ? I’m not saying Pearson isn’t abit strange but for the whole squad to not like you doesn’t reflect very highly on him. I actually thought he was a good signing aswell at the time. Remember the play off final vs Swansea thinking he was class. Sven comes across worst the Pearson in it anyway. Bloke had no idea whatsoever and people use to defend sven on here because he use to wave to the crowd now and again. 

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Hype around that transfer window in 2011 is mad when you look back.

Everyone thought we’d walk the league

Konchesky and Kasper obviously the only ones that actually turned out decent.

Don't cha wish your left back was Kon-ches-ky.....don't cha?

• Like 1

He talks about Konchesky, a player Pearson loved, as though Pearson wanted him gone too. As for the headbutt, basically sounds like he wasn't actually headbutted then? Not condoning Pearson if that's true but doesn't sound like a headbutt to me

And the fact he called Pearson inarticulate is pretty funny considering he's a man who doesn't leave you in much doubt as to what he meant. Suggesting he had no idea with tactics was clearly bollocks too; he's been a pretty successful manager in the grand scheme of things.

What time does the Rodgers stuff start?

2 hours ago, sammy82 said:

Cmon ric I really respect your opinions and normally enjoy your posts but without Pearson **** knows where we’d be as a club now mate, he’s a legend in my eyes and made me proud of my club again after years of heartbreak, he’s no angel but he transformed everything about club, most of his ex players love him

I loved Pearson and still do, that doesn't change that I think he's got a side to him which is unsavoury. Some people cannot have anything said about the man, which I can understand but there's been plenty of things he's done that some people are well within their rights to consider him a bit of a chopper.

• Like 2

Wouldn't pay any attention to any of it tbh. Do not doubt at all that what some of Mills says is true but he's acting as if his performances and attitude were exemplary during his time here for some reason? Bloke clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder. He was utterly wank for us, and seems to have no idea why he was dropped, looking at the way he carries himself I don't blame Pearson for despising him.

I particularly enjoyed the "with the players here we could piss the league" line. Yes, we did Matt, once you and your massive ego (and a few others) ****ed off. 

• Like 3