Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crocyfox79

Can we win a trophy this season

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, we are good enough too win a trophy. 

In a 1 of game or over two legs we are more then capable of beating any of the teams in the FA Cup or EL.

As we found out in the LC semi last year, you also need a bit of the rub of the green.

Hopefully we don't have to come up against anymore crap keepers having the best games of their career

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If by the time the EL comes around again and we have Schmeichel, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes & Vardy all fit, we absolutely can win that trophy. One or two of those get injured and i think it becomes really difficult. 

If we don't get to the last 8 of the EL that would be a disappointment given our squad and wage bill relative to the majority of team left in it. Semi Final would be brilliant, final outstanding and if we won it that's proper legacy stuff.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If we don't get to the last 8 of the EL that would be a disappointment given our squad and wage bill relative to the majority of team left in it. Semi Final would be brilliant, final outstanding and if we won it that's proper legacy stuff.

Yeah absolutely, the expectation should be get through a knockout game. 

Then it's all about luck. If we get drawn with Roma/Leverkusen/Sociedad/Milan etc then expectations change.

What I would say is this team needs to win a big game for it's own progression. I'm not talking about a game against a top 6 side early on in the season when we're loose and not a lot on the line (although they are obviously important). I'm talking about an FA cup semi final or a European knockout game... 

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Yeah absolutely, the expectation should be get through a knockout game. 

Then it's all about luck. If we get drawn with Roma/Leverkusen/Sociedad/Milan etc then expectations change.

What I would say is this team needs to win a big game for it's own progression. I'm not talking about a game against a top 6 side early on in the season when we're loose and not a lot on the line (although they are obviously important). I'm talking about an FA cup semi final or a European knockout game... 

To be honest those teams we're on at least a par with if we have a fully fit first 11 which is quite possible by that time. The games being behind closed doors levels the playing field even more. Would Roma or Sociedad be more daunting than Sevilla over two legs? Not for me.

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

Here's a hypothetical question...

Would you rather:

a) Win a trophy this year, knowing you can't go to any games and properly celebrate it

b) Wait five years, but know things will be back to normal and you can watch all the games and celebrate like mad

Nuts to waiting. As much as I want to be there and experience it all, just take the win and the silverware.

We're in a tremendous position at the minute but we need to turn it into silverware to keep players interested in coming to us and expanding the fanbase. I think a trophy is very important in the next 2-3 years or else we could be looked upon as just another nearly club. Besides, I've already watched us climb Everest, it aint getting any better than what happened in that season even if we do ever pull it off again!

• Like 1

Would love to win a trophy and now more than ever we have the team to do it.

The FA cup has been our holy grail for over 50 years now, since our last final appearance. We have that unwanted record of 4 final losses. I gets on my nerves that clubs like Wigan and Portsmouth in recent years and even forest, derby and cov all have FA cups to their names and we don't! Really want us to take this seriously, there is a real chance of progression.

Same with Europa, we're never gonna win a champions league, but the europa is a real possibility, we just need to take them seriously and play our strongest team available.

For the stature of the club now we need to start making regular semi final and final appearances to be considered a big club. Unfortunately we have bottled it in later stages in recent years. The domestic cups in particular are there for the taking for clubs like Leicester.

We've already won more than most teams ever will, so let's keep adding to it.

Currently sixth favourites for the FA Cup and joint sixth alongside Ajax for Europa. (The latter among those ‘is this really happening’ sentences that still gives the goosebumps).

So bookies would say quarter finals.

Obviously it is possible to win one given we can beat anyone on our day and we should enjoy that fact. But you still need a lot of luck and to be consistent, particularly in the Europa where you’re up against sides with much more experience of playing in Europe which will be more of a factor in knock out games than it was in the group stages.

• Like 2

The next two years will be our best chances to win a cup, in my opinion. When Vardy leaves we’re bound to have a bit of a dip as we try and find a replacement. The FA Cup draw is tricky, but favourable. Who knows what could happen in Europe. But we’re more than capable of beating anyone on our day, so why not. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 02:54, Dan LCFC said:

There is no 'celebrate later'. It's about the moment. I do appreciate we aren't the type of club who can be choosy about these things but it would be a huge shame in my opinion if we did finally get our hands on the FA Cup and it was done in these circumstances. It's a tough one.

With the choice of 'No FA Cup' or 'FA Cup in these circumstances' every time. Of course it's not the same and there is no real celebrate later but the cup is missing in our collection. Then when things are more normal we can go amd win it again!

On 11/01/2021 at 20:24, Monk said:

We won’t win the FA cup or the league. Europa is possible but it will depend on the draw. 

I’m going to rescind this comment. Right now we are still in the title race, and while I don’t think we will right now it’s not unthinkable. It would be absolutely outrageous though if we did 😂.