Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crocyfox79

Can we win a trophy this season

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Take the trophy now

11 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Option a), all day long we can all do belated celebrations 👍

9 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Without a doubt A, I might not be here in 5 years time

I've waited 40 years for us to win the FA Cup.

I reckon I'd risk waiting another 5 to actually be there at Wembley and properly enjoy the day out and all the celebrations after 

• Like 2

Just now, Izzy said:

I reckon I'd risk waiting another 5 to actually be there at Wembley and properly enjoy the day out and all the celebrations after 

The way football's going there could be no FA Cup in 5 years time. Especially if the 'big clubs' have their way 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The way football's going there could be no FA Cup in 5 years time. Especially if the 'big clubs' have their way 

Fair point.

It would kinda be sods law though if the only time we won it in our history is the year no bugger can go and watch :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, nnfox said:

You are a 'glass half empty' kinda guy aren't you? lol

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

No. I just remember falling apart last season. Winning 2 out of last 9 games when at 1 stage we were 14 points clear in the CL spots. Also losing 2 legs against villa when we’d beat them 8-1 on aggregate in the league and losing in the quarter finals at home to Chelsea. 

Sounds like something a glass half empty type would say:ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I hope I’m wrong. Just have this feeling that last season could be repeated. Hopefully we’ll have learnt from last season but I doubt it. Can see us dropping points against shit especially at home. 

Out of interest why do you have that feeling?

Just now, Anglodanglo said:

Out of interest why do you have that feeling?

Fulham, West Ham, Villa, Everton and Palace. That’s why I have that feeling. I know we drew with palace but it felt like we’d dropped 2 points rather than gained  a point. It sounds ridiculous but our home form I believe will cost us. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, reynard said:

We can but suspect we will fall short. Brentford away is hard. Slavia Prague tricky and there are plenty of good teams left in the Europa League. Premier League is very unpredictable but unless we add a couple of quality players in January I think we will not have quite enough.

Fair points however having Soyuncu back and hopefully soon ricardo, they will be like 2 new signings. Disappointing Praet is now injured but the fact we are 3rd and only 1 point off top when we have had so many players injured in the 1st half of the season shows we have a good squad. An extra attacker would be great for depth and another midfielder to cover Praet if hes out for any length of time would be amazing, but if we sign anyone in Jan, it would most likely be  loan signings as its very difficult to get the quality we require in the January window 

8 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

In this case, yeah definitely imo, especially as it's 2 cups we don't have our name on!

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Given they would be the FA Cup and the Europa League, without a doubt.

The Premier league is the best trophy of the three though. I'd be happy with any trophy but if I was forced to choose I don't know what I'd pick.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The Premier league is the best trophy of the three though. I'd be happy with any trophy but if I was forced to choose I don't know what I'd pick.

Yeah but we already did that one. Let's say you've got the Die Hard Trilogy on DVD, you've watched Die Hard but not Die Harder or Die Hard with a Vengeance, and are aware that the first is the best, surely you still want to watch Die Harder and Die Hard with a Vengeance?

... I THINK that's a good analogy!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Fair points however having Soyuncu back and hopefully soon ricardo, they will be like 2 new signings. Disappointing Praet is now injured but the fact we are 3rd and only 1 point off top when we have had so many players injured in the 1st half of the season shows we have a good squad. An extra attacker would be great for depth and another midfielder to cover Praet if hes out for any length of time would be amazing, but if we sign anyone in Jan, it would most likely be  loan signings as its very difficult to get the quality we require in the January window 

I agree. We have a good chance but it won't be easy. I just feel we are 2 players short especially up front where if Vardy was to pick up any sort of medium/long term injury we are very short of quality.

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Here's a hypothetical question...

Would you rather:

a) Win a trophy this year, knowing you can't go to any games and properly celebrate it

b) Wait five years, but know things will be back to normal and you can watch all the games and celebrate like mad

B and it isn't even a discussion for me.

• Like 1

I get the feeling this would will be unpopular. But given the choice the FA Cup would be bottom of my list this year. The only reason being the other carry a greater reward and prestige. Premier league and europa both guarantee champions league football. The FA Cup would be nice, but the others set us up better. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

In 5 years time we may have sold most of our good players,, failed to adequately replace them, become crap, have Chris Hughton as manager and finish 15th playing hoofball up to Chris Wood who we resigned for £10m. 

So ill take a trophy right now, thank you very much :D

• Haha 3