Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlackFox

Cantwell

On 28/01/2021 at 13:56, Mythyaar said:

He's young, creative, confident and has proved he can cut it in the Prem. 

With the likes of Madders, Youri and Barnes on a similar wavelength, he could really thrive under Rodgers.

What's not to like?

He has worse hair than Ken Barlow.

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

He has worse hair than Ken Barlow.

I'm yet to be convinced he's the right fit for us. I'm not worried about his hair but his dancing is just something I don't want to see in a Leicester shirt - I'm also worried that all the things that made us initially uncomfortable about Madders will be ten times worse with this young fella! 

I'm also not sure what his best position is for starters. I question him coming here to essentially be a utility player. I can see him losing his playing identity as he turns into a guy who plays for Leicester – sometimes wide, sometimes 10 in place of Madders and sometimes 8 in place of Youri – he looks to me like a player who needs to be starting games week-in-week-out to keep his confidence and form and I can't quite see him being happy here as he's used to being the first name on the team sheet and king of the dressing room. Love to be proved wrong but I think we can get more value elsewhere. Looks to be a great talent though - just not sure he's the talent that's the right fit for us.

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm yet to be convinced he's the right fit for us. I'm not worried about his hair but his dancing is just something I don't want to see in a Leicester shirt - I'm also worried that all the things that made us initially uncomfortable about Madders will be ten times worse with this young fella! 

I'm also not sure what his best position is for starters. I question him coming here to essentially be a utility player. I can see him losing his playing identity as he turns into a guy who plays for Leicester – sometimes wide, sometimes 10 in place of Madders and sometimes 8 in place of Youri – he looks to me like a player who needs to be starting games week-in-week-out to keep his confidence and form and I can't quite see him being happy here as he's used to being the first name on the team sheet and king of the dressing room. Love to be proved wrong but I think we can get more value elsewhere. Looks to be a great talent though - just not sure he's the talent that's the right fit for us.

I think he’s excellent. We compare Madders to Grealish, but this kid is more like Grealish than Madders. He will develop into a top player and I think he is perfect for us.

Having watched him I think he’s versatile, he’s extremely athletic, quick and technically gifted. He could be played in a number of positions, he likes to come deep to pick up the ball, and is aggressive when doing so, so I think he could play the role Praet does, it would allow for us to have another attacking threat from midfield, he could also play a ten and on the wing, so very versatile. 

He’s a pretty strong runner too, and seems like he has a goal or two in him. He would be pretty awesome here in my opinion, he was the stand out player for me whenever I watched Norwich last season. Plus, he will have a potential re-sale value too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Sure. He's certainly a talent alright - it'd cost a bit to buy him though - proper dollar.

But the dancing though?

And the throwing the imaginary bollox in the air and then the odd hip gyration?

I don't think so, I reckon he'd get bullied in the Leicester dressing room and we have a duty of care to leave him in the place where that sort of oddity is normal.

Norwich.

lol

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I reckon he'd get bullied in the Leicester dressing room and we have a duty of care to leave him in the place where that sort of oddity is normal.

Norwich.

Something similar to the potting shed scene in Scum?

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Oh “his hair” is just a phrase I use to describe everything about him, little fancy type that would suit a team like arsenal a lot more than a proper blokes team like us.

6 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

William Roache (who plays Ken Barlow) is 88 years old. 

He's got a very decent head of hair for a man of that vintage.

Whether, or not, that means we should sign Cantwell I'm not sure 

That’s a fair point, but would you wear Ken’s hair on your head tomorrow? Or Cantwells? 🤔 Beware the answer, it shall reveal more than you know 😱

Edited by SheppyFox

49 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

That’s a fair point, but would you wear Ken’s hair on your head tomorrow? Or Cantwells? 🤔 Beware the answer, it shall reveal more than you know 😱

As a person who’s begun to experience the onset of male pattern baldness in middle age I’m always a little envious of those who seem to remain so hirsute late in life.

Considering your challenge carefully, however, I would have to say: “probably not” - which means I suppose I have to concede that I see your point 🙂

Edited by Jobyfox

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

As a person who’s begun to experience the onset of male pattern baldness in middle age I’m always a little envious of those who seem to remain so hirsute late in life.

Considering your challenge carefully, however, I would have to say: “probably not” - which means I suppose I have to concede that I see your point 🙂

I’m the same, I’m forming the notorious arrow shape at the fringe area. I’d honestly rather go full Phil Mitchell than Cantwell 🤔