Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlackFox

Cantwell

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Very odd. This has completely changed my opinion. Don't want him near the club.

Haha. I'd allow it but with some elocution lessons. 

I like my midfielders to sound straight from the saff thank you very much. 

37 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Haha. I'd allow it but with some elocution lessons. 

I like my midfielders to sound straight from the saff thank you very much. 

I was only half joking. I do think putting on a fake accent is the behaviour of an oddball. Very suspect.

In the times I saw him play last season he was a stand out for Norwich. 

I was really surprised that he hadn't been snatched up by someone when they went down.

Heard he got off to a slow start this season, but in recent matches I've seen his name in on a few of their goals.

Not sure how he'd fit in with the Lestahs though.

• Like 2

Decent player who always impressed me when saw him play last year. I think it would be a good signing for us, depending on the cost. He reminds me of Maddison in terms of personality, and I can see Rodgers being able to get the most out of him and help him progress

I just hope a striker is still our top priority. Rodgers comments recently about Iheanacho having an important role to play in the rest of the season, worried me. 

Cantwell and a Striker would be a surprisingly good window for us, especially if Under starts to fire too

From the Merc - Speculation and Rodgers comments - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/three-deals-leicester-city-could-4932236

Ahead of the deadline at 11pm on Monday, February 1, here is a look at the transfers that could go through at the King Power Stadium.

Attacking midfielder arrives

At the start of the month, it seemed like this January would be one where City didn’t need to recruit.

There were no areas of the side that needed desperate reinforcement, while the financial impact of the pandemic means all clubs are short of funds, and so there is little motivation to buy players for the future.

Then, in the final few minutes of City’s FA Cup third-round tie at Stoke, Dennis Praet pulled up. A scan showed he had damaged a tendon in his hamstring and would be out until early April.

All of a sudden, the recruitment team had to click into gear. It was the one area where City could not afford anyone to get injured. Now, there is no forward-thinking midfielder option to cover for Youri Tielemans, nor an off-the-ball runner to provide something different to James Maddison in the number 10 position.

And so into the market City went, albeit there are few players that tick every box.

Right now, City don’t need a permanent option, so it would only be a loan player they go for. Plus they need somebody who can make an immediate impact, and so any prospective signing would need a level of experience at the top level. City can’t afford to be patient with a player, they need to get up to speed straight away, not in a few months' time.

With City competing in the upper echelons of the Premier League and the latter stages of the Europa League, the player also has to be of that level of quality for the club to consider paying their wages for a few months.

And there lies another issue. The player has to be affordable. City made an approach for Christian Eriksen, but the circa £300,000-a-week he is paid by Inter Milan is nearly treble that of City’s current top earners Kasper Schmeichel and Jamie Vardy. If Inter want City to take on all of the Dane’s wages, it’s a deal that won’t happen.

And finally, the player has to be available. Certainly none of the clubs in England are going to loan players to a direct top-four rival in City, and there are not too many players around Europe who are of Champions League quality, but out of favour at their current homes.

The pool of players City have to choose from is rather small.

Speaking on Monday, Rodgers said: “We've had a few players on the list. We have a number of targets, but it's just about the availability of those at this stage of the season.

“Whether we get one in or not, I'm not sure. I would love to get another attacking midfield player because that would also allow one or two of our boys to get out and get playing, but if we don't, there will be nothing that the club haven't done.”

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

From the Merc - Speculation and Rodgers comments - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/three-deals-leicester-city-could-4932236

Ahead of the deadline at 11pm on Monday, February 1, here is a look at the transfers that could go through at the King Power Stadium.

At the start of the month, it seemed like this January would be one where City didn’t need to recruit.

There were no areas of the side that needed desperate reinforcement, while the financial impact of the pandemic means all clubs are short of funds, and so there is little motivation to buy players for the future.

Then, in the final few minutes of City’s FA Cup third-round tie at Stoke, Dennis Praet pulled up. A scan showed he had damaged a tendon in his hamstring and would be out until early April.

All of a sudden, the recruitment team had to click into gear. It was the one area where City could not afford anyone to get injured. Now, there is no forward-thinking midfielder option to cover for Youri Tielemans, nor an off-the-ball runner to provide something different to James Maddison in the number 10 position.

And so into the market City went, albeit there are few players that tick every box.

Right now, City don’t need a permanent option, so it would only be a loan player they go for. Plus they need somebody who can make an immediate impact, and so any prospective signing would need a level of experience at the top level. City can’t afford to be patient with a player, they need to get up to speed straight away, not in a few months' time.

With City competing in the upper echelons of the Premier League and the latter stages of the Europa League, the player also has to be of that level of quality for the club to consider paying their wages for a few months.

And there lies another issue. The player has to be affordable. City made an approach for Christian Eriksen, but the circa £300,000-a-week he is paid by Inter Milan is nearly treble that of City’s current top earners Kasper Schmeichel and Jamie Vardy. If Inter want City to take on all of the Dane’s wages, it’s a deal that won’t happen.

And finally, the player has to be available. Certainly none of the clubs in England are going to loan players to a direct top-four rival in City, and there are not too many players around Europe who are of Champions League quality, but out of favour at their current homes.

Speaking on Monday, Rodgers said: “We've had a few players on the list. We have a number of targets, but it's just about the availability of those at this stage of the season.

“Whether we get one in or not, I'm not sure. I would love to get another attacking midfield player because that would also allow one or two of our boys to get out and get playing, but if we don't, there will be nothing that the club haven't done.”

If Gray is potentially being allowed to leave, they must be confident that they will get someone in. My money is on the lad from Porto, or if that fails Cantwell. 

26 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Gray is potentially being allowed to leave, they must be confident that they will get someone in. My money is on the lad from Porto, or if that fails Cantwell. 

Not necessarily, Gray hasnt featured in hardly any squads at all. I do think we will try and get someone in but I can see Gray leaving either way as Rodgers clearly has no plan to use him. 

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

I like the last bit of this. Hopefully it will stop all the clueless idiots from saying "sack Rudkin" and "sack Congerton" and "our recruitment team is rubbish". Oh and the usual "cant believe Brendan hasnt signed anyone" when we all know full well he doesnt deal with signings.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Not necessarily, Gray hasnt featured in hardly any squads at all. I do think we will try and get someone in but I can see Gray leaving either way as Rodgers clearly has no plan to use him. 

I'm referring to the comment,  I would love to get another attacking midfield player because that would also allow one or two of our boys to get out and get playing, but if we don't, there will be nothing that the club haven't done.”

So would suggest they have made some ground with regards to signing someone, regardless of Gray's position in the squad I doubt they would let him leave if we couldn't bring cover in else where. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I'm referring to the comment,  I would love to get another attacking midfield player because that would also allow one or two of our boys to get out and get playing, but if we don't, there will be nothing that the club haven't done.”

So would suggest they have made some ground with regards to signing someone, regardless of Gray's position in the squad I doubt they would let him leave if we couldn't bring cover in else where. 

Possibly. Still think there would have to be a major injury crisis for Gray to feature. I reckon Rodgers would play Jakupovic up front before Gray

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He still takes a place in the squad and gets paid a wage. Selling him frees up that wage and squad place to be used elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

He still takes a place in the squad and gets paid a wage. Selling him frees up that wage and squad place to be used elsewhere. 

Oh yes I understand that, my point is that regardless of if we sign anyone or not, Gray will most likely never play for us again. Even against Brentford, we only had 1 attacking player on the bench and he still didnt give Gray a place on the bench. I'm fully behind Rodgers in his exclusion to be fair, doesnt want to be here so let him rot. 

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I like the last bit of this. Hopefully it will stop all the clueless idiots from saying "sack Rudkin" and "sack Congerton" and "our recruitment team is rubbish". Oh and the usual "cant believe Brendan hasnt signed anyone" when we all know full well he doesnt deal with signings.  

I think Rodgers public declaration for an ACM is as much alerting agents and players that might be available and to let us know!

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Rodgers public declaration for an ACM is as much alerting agents and players that might be available and to let us know!

Yeh definitely. At to be fair, no matter what Rodgers says, the idiots will still moan when we dont sign at least 2 world class players in this window. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Decent player who always impressed me when saw him play last year. I think it would be a good signing for us, depending on the cost. He reminds me of Maddison in terms of personality, and I can see Rodgers being able to get the most out of him and help him progress

I just hope a striker is still our top priority. Rodgers comments recently about Iheanacho having an important role to play in the rest of the season, worried me. 

Cantwell and a Striker would be a surprisingly good window for us, especially if Under starts to fire too

I think it's clever from Rodgers regarding Iheanacho. He can't throw him under the bus, not until at least another striker is in the building. I agree though, Iheanacho does not fill me with confidence at present.

• Like 1