Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlackFox

Cantwell

Not 100% sold on Cantwell but is young and English and would provide decent cover for both Barnes and Maddison. Although would prefer Otavio for that role and likely a cheaper alternative as well. Oh and has it been mentioned..

he’s Brazilian :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

What’s his season been like so far in champs?

2 Goals and 2 assists in 15 games - pretty disappointing really

He showed glimpses last year, but I'd much prefer Buendia even though he would cost about double.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Like we did with Mahrez, Kante, Vardy, Justin, Fofana you mean?

Not entirely.  Kante was scouted and watched playing for Caen, much like Mahrez with Le Havre and Vardy for Fleetwood.

I would argue we were well aware of their talent and potential prior to purchase. 

Cantwell is a known figure in English football and hasn't impressed anyone else thus far.

I'd also argue that we would be paying a figure for Cantwell which would reflect an established, quality premier league player (which he isn't) rather than the minimal fee's we paid for others mentioned.

Edited by AS1413

1 minute ago, AS1413 said:

Not entirely.  Kante was scouted and watched playing for Caen, much like Mahrez with Le Havre and Vardy for Fleetwood.

I would argue we were well aware of their talent and potential prior to purchase.

Cantwell is a know figure in English football and hasn't impressed anyone else thus far.

I was very impressed when we played them at home. One of the few players I saw give Ricky P problems last season.

1 minute ago, teblin said:

I was very impressed when we played them at home. One of the few players I saw give Ricky P problems last season.

Perhaps I'm being a little harsh and snobbish - just for me personally,  I'd like to see us aim for something a little better.

7 minutes ago, AS1413 said:

I'm sure if we were going for him we would have carried out the same level of scouting and analysis as we did with all our players. We'd hardly be going for him on a whim.

Just now, davieG said:

I'm sure if we were going for him we would have carried out the same level of scouting and analysis as we did with all our players. We'd hardly be going for him on a whim.

I was referring more to the 'risk' of unearthing someone potential and the fact that those names were unheard of by most of the footballing world.

1 minute ago, AS1413 said:

I was referring more to the 'risk' of unearthing someone potential and the fact that those names were unheard of by most of the footballing world.

Well you seem to be suggesting that he hadn't been scouted etc. :dunno: But hey it's not worth a big debate so I'll leave it there.