Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

34 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

If we are in Europe again next season and want to compete in domestic cups then 4 first choice standard centre backs is needed. Can we keep all 4 happy with playing time? Unsure but hopefully. 

I think people forget that Fofana wouldn't have come in expecting to be first choice straight away, Evens will also know that his age means he's not going to play every game. I think it's a good mix and you're covered when invariably a massive club comes in for Fofana. 

• Like 3

Good move, boosts our home grown contingent which takes a hit if hamza, gray and Wes all leave/retire. Our scouts have liked him for a while which is good enough for me and the price should be good for a player with his quality.

Not sure it will mean we will definitely play 3atb as its not our strongest formation with the current squad but allows us to actually go for carabao and fa cup without worrying about injuries and also future proofs the squad in case cags or little wes recieve an outrageous offer. 

I'm not convinced we need a fifth CB. Evans, Forfana, Soyuncu and Amartey all good enough (big Dan needs a few more games). I was impressed with Ethan Pinnock at the weekend read the game really well and similar age to Tarkowski. Bring him and Ivan Tony in, I'd be happy.

The squad depth across our defence if we get Tarks as well would be absolutely meteoric.

I can't think of any other club in the Prem that has 4 serious quality CB's and 4 Quality Full backs of the calibre we have.

CB's: Soy Evans Fof Tarks

FB's: Justin Ricardo Castagne Thomas

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some might think we're probably too big now to buy from "teams like Burnley" etc etc

Spot on, the only downside of our continued success is the sense of entitlement some of our possibly younger fan base show. Very embarrassing and cringeworthy 

What worries me is that hes spent a considerable amount of years playing in the Burnley way I.e. defending deeply, low possession for majority of games and doesn't pass out from the back albeit hoofing it up the field. He is great in the air and arguably in box he would be our best defender but other than that and given his age and need for a striker along with the defensive players we have it's a no from me.

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tarkowski Evans Soyunco Fofana as CB'S - Yeah baby.

Can't help but think this is preparatory insurance for when an £85 million bid comes in for one of Soy or Fof...

Smart.

Exactly. 

The bigger and better we get, the more you have the challenge of keeping a squad happy. Don't be afraid of it, embrace the fact we're in such an incredibly strong position. Let the manager and the club worry about making it work, and let them get on with the long term succession planning. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Simoken said:

we dont need another defender!!!! end of

Wes will retire, which means we've got three proper centre backs. If the manager doesn't rate Amartey as a defender for the top end of the table, then we absolutely do need another centre back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Would you be joining when you knew you’d have to compete with Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana for two starting places?  

Can’t see it…

I should think he will back himself to play.  Footballers in their prime are not known for their modesty :)

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Would you be joining when you knew you’d have to compete with Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana for two starting places?  

Can’t see it…

If the money was right and the prospect properly explained to me, then yes. As other have implied above, what is more likely - Cags & Fofana stay until they're 35, or we get ridiculous offers for one or both within the next 2 seasons? And how long will Evans be at the level we have come to expect from him? 

We have it so good right now, but sadly, reality is that our best young players will be subject to massive offers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

If the money was right and the prospect properly explained to me, then yes. As other have implied above, what is more likely - Cags & Fofana stay until they're 35, or we get ridiculous offers for one or both within the next 2 seasons? And how long will Evans be at the level we have come to expect from him? 

We have it so good right now, but sadly, reality is that our best young players will be subject to massive offers.

He’s 28…. Prime playing years

I wouldn’t want to be sat on the bench for a season or two no matter how many bags of cash are thrown at me…

I think 99% of players are joining to play…. If that becomes a doubt, it puts you off…

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wes will retire, which means we've got three proper centre backs. If the manager doesn't rate Amartey as a defender for the top end of the table, then we absolutely do need another centre back. 

and spend 40-50m on another defender? id rather spend that on a striker. Im happy to rely on Amartey next season.

Would be a good signing if he doesn't cost too much.

It's all about forward planning, realistically Soyuncu and Fofana are top class CB's and will likely move on in the next few years, getting a steady CB that will stay here probably for the rest of his career is a great idea.

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

and spend 40-50m on another defender? id rather spend that on a striker. Im happy to rely on Amartey next season.

He won't cost anywhere near that, he's gone one year left on his contract in the summer. Buying one player doesn't always stop you from buying another.

We don't know what the money situation is like, but if the club want him, can afford him and he wants to come. The only question we should be asking is does he improve the squad.