Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Read the Percy article from today.

Man U showed interest in Maguire, so we bought Soyuncu. Maguire went the next summer.

Chelsea and Man City showed interest in Chilwell, we bought Justin. Chilwell went the next summer. 

If we bid on or buy a player that we don't 100% categorically need. It could quite easily be a case of us knowing someone could be on the way out. They'll do the same with players who are going to leave or getting old as well. 

Our forward planning is part of what has made many of our transfers / replacements fairly seamless so far. Of course, won't always happen and it won't always work. But the club are obviously working far ahead of where most fans are currently looking, in the here and now. 

Hopefully learnt from Mahrez leaving as we clearly didn’t have someone in ready to replace him and we are still searching now! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If they think spending 20m will get us CL qualification and tens of millions then it could happen.

Agree with that, but I don't see how 20m on a centre back who will be fourth choice would get us CL qualification

Just now, LVocey said:

Agree with that, but I don't see how 20m on a centre back who will be fourth choice would get us CL qualification

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

He won't come in to be 4th choice, and there is no point us spending money on a 4th choice centre back. Amartey does that job just fine, and still a slight hope that Benkovic reaches some potential while at Leuven.

Until King Power are bringing money back in, we won't spend money unless absolutely necessary or we sell someone for big money.

Injuies and suspensions are not unknown for CBs or at LCFC

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Injuies and suspensions are not unknown for CBs or at LCFC

Again, I agree. My point is that I don't see us having a 100 million war chest in the summer. Say £30-40 million at best?

Spending half of that budget on a player who unless we get injuries, we only see 10 times a season just isn't sensible. The injury argument could be used about stockpiling players in any position.

I think the summer see's us bring another striker in and maybe another centre midfielder so that Youri isn't so heavily relied on.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Hopefully learnt from Mahrez leaving as we clearly didn’t have someone in ready to replace him and we are still searching now! 

Or it never came to fruition, we were linked with a lot of them. As I said, it won't always work for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Read the Percy article from today.

Man U showed interest in Maguire, so we bought Soyuncu. Maguire went the next summer.

Chelsea and Man City showed interest in Chilwell, we bought Justin. Chilwell went the next summer. 

If we bid on or buy a player that we don't 100% categorically need. It could quite easily be a case of us knowing someone could be on the way out. They'll do the same with players who are going to leave or getting old as well. 

Our forward planning is part of what has made many of our transfers / replacements fairly seamless so far. Of course, won't always happen and it won't always work. But the club are obviously working far ahead of where most fans are currently looking, in the here and now. 

Soyuncu and Justin were 21 when we signed them. Tarkowski is 28. He doesn't really fit the pattern.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I have an irrational dislike for Tarkowski, I don't like signing players worse than what we have even if they are squad players. 

I really can't see him wanting to come to a club that has three better CB's than him already. It's not a very ambitious move for either party. Let's keep buying younger players who we can develop.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Mahrez was alway a one of a kind. He was never directly replaceable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Except he'll cost an awful lot more than Johnny did.

I just don't see this happening unless someone is leaving for big money in the Summer, Which I hope not.

He would (3.5m was silly cheap due to clause) but not the previously quoted numbers, so I am not sure. We can’t just buy prospects and we see the benefit of having old man Jonny at the back, so I would guess we want the next Jonny to bring through the next prospects. :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He would (3.5m was silly cheap due to clause) but not the previously quoted numbers, so I am not sure. We can’t just buy prospects and we see the benefit of having old man Jonny at the back, so I would guess we want the next Jonny to bring through the next prospects. :dunno:

To be fair Jonny came with lots of experience with Utd, Title winning seasons and European triumphs.

I'm not sure you can include Tarkowski in the same bracket.

I'd even suggest we might try an entice Johnny to stay on after his playing days are over as I'm sure there must be new opportunities with the new Training Ground. 

Why can't we continue to buy prospects and develop them for the future, Even just to sell on. Surely that's the plan with the new training facility.

Anyway I guess it's only the Club who knows the planning.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

To be fair Jonny came with lots of experience with Utd, Title winning seasons and European triumphs.

I'd even suggest we might try an entice Johnny to stay on after his playing days are over as I'm sure there must be new opportunities with the new Training Ground. 

Why can't we continue to buy prospects and develop them for the future, Even just to sell on. Surely that's the plan with the new training facility.

Not disagreeing at all! Think it is our thing more and more, but experience off the pitch isn’t the same as on pitch match day experience (in the PL) so just imagine when Jonny does pack it in, we would like someone who has experience, ideally of this league (if not winning it, true)

Could be wrong and be way off base, but just a theory and not exactly a mind blowing one either :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Soyuncu and Justin were 21 when we signed them. Tarkowski is 28. He doesn't really fit the pattern.

Does Evans? Perez? 

Just because we bought some young players doesn’t mean we buy all young players. Depends on the makeup of the squad at the time.

• Like 1

Have faith. We've the best recruitment team in the league. If they rate Tarks, it's because he's good enough to play for a top 4 side. And if they buy a CB this summer, it'll be partly because we need to replace Big Wes and Fuchs, and partly to ensure we're ready for the inevitable enquiries about Cags and little Wes the summer after.

At which point we buy another CB, this time of the young and promising variety.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

If he’s got a couple more years left in him and we don’t offer him a new contract, I can’t see him staying when he can get a playing wage elsewhere.

Unless we treat him like Wes, and offer him a nominal wage to be in the squad. Something he’d get lower PL for example. 

36 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If he’s got a couple more years left in him and we don’t offer him a new contract, I can’t see him staying when he can get a playing wage elsewhere.

Unless we treat him like Wes, and offer him a nominal wage to be in the squad. Something he’d get lower PL for example. 

Yes that's pretty much how I see it playing out. probably a 2 or 3 year Contract maybe even a stepdown Contract based on playing performances.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 23:44, Ian Nacho said:

People need to remember that Evans isn’t going to last forever. Currently, a centre-half partnership of Fofana and Soyuncu is a red card waiting to happen. 

According to who scored Soyuncu has only ever received 2 red cards total  and Fofana none so  that’s not strictly true . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1