Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The naysayers on Tarkowski are probably the same ones who were saying they don't want Vestergaard because he's shit, etc.

Maybe they think we should be looking at van Dijk.

I just wouldn't touch a centre half from Burnley given their style.

Also I love how people can't criticise without it being taken out of context.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Babylon said:

He won't cost anywhere near that, he's gone one year left on his contract in the summer. Buying one player doesn't always stop you from buying another.

We don't know what the money situation is like, but if the club want him, can afford him and he wants to come. The only question we should be asking is does he improve the squad. 

He'll cost 15m max I reckon. Burnley will ask for like 20m.

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He’s 28…. Prime playing years

I wouldn’t want to be sat on the bench for a season or two no matter how many bags of cash are thrown at me…

I think 99% of players are joining to play…. If that becomes a doubt, it puts you off…

Listen, I take your point.

But here, have £75k a week, work in a top 4 squad with world beating facilities, superb management, and the prospect of ECL action and a state of the art stadium development. All you have to do is bide your time... 

Or you can join West Ham (who I admit are currently doing very well) and basically have a career ceiling.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Spend the money elsewhere. Cags, Fofana, JJ, Amartey and JJ (who has often had his best games at CB) are more than enough. We need a winger and a striker.

You could, quite possibly get for instance Thauvin, Ings and Tarkowski for about £40-£50m. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He won't cost anywhere near that, he's gone one year left on his contract in the summer. Buying one player doesn't always stop you from buying another.

We don't know what the money situation is like, but if the club want him, can afford him and he wants to come. The only question we should be asking is does he improve the squad. 

Guarantee even with 1 year left Burnley wont sell up for cheap for one of their best players. Sean Dyche is stubborn  and has stated to the media that a big payout is needed. We shall see i guess!

Edited by Simoken

No problem with this if he’s happy to come in as 4th choice, more likely though is that we expect one of Cags or Fofana to leave in the summer - or perhaps more likely based on our recruitment for the last few years the summer after 

Just now, Simoken said:

Guarantee even with 1 year left Burnley wont sell up for cheap for one of their best players. Sean Dyche is stubborn with sales of players and has said in to media in the last transfer season that a big payout is needed. We shall see i guess!

He might be stubborn, but they're not stupid. There are few teams that would rather run a contract down, over taking an off that's on the table.

If they want too much, then we walk away, same goes for Ings. But when players have a year left, you're in a good position to at least try and get a good player without having to pay silly money.  

• Like 1

I agree we need another defender.

But dont we need to spend a fair bit on a striker. Dont we need to tie down Soyuncu with a new contracts along with Ricky P? Both of them only have 2 years left on their contracts and it needs thinking about for selling on. Unless one or both already have gentleman's agreements as to when they want to move on I.e for Soyuncu leaving and Tarkowski incoming may be the reason for him being mentioned.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I just wouldn't touch a centre half from Burnley given their style.

Also I love how people can't criticise without it being taken out of context.

West Brom played similar football when Evans was there.

• Like 1

Buy: Tarkowski (15m) Under (25m) Edouard (15m)

Sell: Benkovic (3m) Amartey (5m) Choudhury (15m) Iheanacho (10m) Ghezzal (2m)

Net spend: 20m

21/22 First Team Squad:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Stolarczyk

RB: Castagne, Ricardo

CB: Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Tarkowski

LB: Justin, Thomas

CM: Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet, Mendy, KDH

RW: Under, Perez

CAM: Maddison, Otavio?

LW: Barnes, Albrighton

ST: Vardy, Edouard

Edited by Shane

Everton have four CB’s in Keane, Mina, Holgate and Godfrey, who are all capable of being regular starters.

Why can’t we have the same in Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu and Tarkowski?

If we want to keep challenging for top four, then depth of squad will be key.

• Like 3

It seems clear that Brendan wants the option the switch between a three and a 4 at the back. Or the club are preparing to allow Cags to leave in the summer? As we know we part with one asset a season so perhaps that is the case. Either way it is likely to happen considering we have been after him for ages. 

• Sad 1

I was against this move last summer as at the prices being spoke of, £40m and the likes were crazy. The landscape will be completely different this summer though and if he can be acquired for £15-20m it'll be a really good bit of business and leave all bases well and truly covered in the CB position.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I was against this move last summer as at the prices being spoke of, £40m and the likes were crazy. The landscape will be completely different this summer though and if he can be acquired for £15-20m it'll be a really good bit of business and leave all bases well and truly covered in the CB position.

Agreed. 

I would be quite surprised if this doesn't happen at the end of the season. 

34 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

No problem with this if he’s happy to come in as 4th choice, more likely though is that we expect one of Cags or Fofana to leave in the summer - or perhaps more likely based on our recruitment for the last few years the summer after 

I think the notion of third, fourth choice or whatever is a bit of a misnomer. Hopefully there'll be participation across four competitions next season and rotation will be key. He'd get plenty of games, particularly with Evans and Fofana who'll need a break now and then given their respective ages.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Buy: Tarkowski (15m) Under (25m) Edouard (15m)

Sell: Benkovic (3m) Amartey (5m) Choudhury (15m) Iheanacho (10m) Ghezzal (2m)

Net spend: 20m

21/22 First Team Squad:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Stolarczyk

RB: Castagne, Ricardo

CB: Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Tarkowski

LB: Justin, Thomas

CM: Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet, Mendy, KDH

RW: Under, Perez

CAM: Maddison, Otavio?

LW: Barnes, Albrighton

ST: Vardy, Edouard

That's 24. Stolarczyk and Thomas are both u21, so don't need to be on the list. You can have 3 more players in here. I'd probably keep Amartey. I'd add another RW, because that's not Ayoze's best position, and keep Jakupovic as 3rd choice keeper.

Edited by Raw Dykes

48 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I dont think he would be my first choice cb, futureproofing with another young cb like Kabak would be my preferred option. Also should be worth around €20m

I think we're probably after a bit more experience this time. Evans will be 34 next Jan, and Morgan and Fuchs will be retiring soon. I think it pays to have some older heads, especially in central defence.

• Like 4