Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

Leicester aim for third time lucky in James Tarkowski transfer chase

Exclusive: Leicester are increasingly hopeful of finally landing long-term target Tarkowski this summer

Leicester are plotting to finally land James Tarkowski this summer.

The Foxes have been on the trail of Burnley stopper Tarkowski the last two close seasons as the Clarets have fought to keep him.

But Tarkowski,28, will only have 12 months left on his contract at Turf Moor this summer after declining a new deal.

Leicester, who are third in the Premier League, are now planning a fresh move and hope potential European football will seal it.

They could face competition from West Ham who had an offer in excess of £30million rejected in the last window.

But Leicester are likely to offer more lucrative personal terms and may even be in the Champions League next term.

In the meantime, Tarkowski is knuckling down at Burnley who have won four of their last eight League games including winning 1-0 at champions Liverpool last week.

Sean Dyche's side, who host Aston Villa on Wednesday, are also into the FA Cup fifth round after beating Fulham.

But Tarkowski, signed from Brentford in 2016, still sees his long-term future elsewhere as he bids to boost his England ambitions after two caps.

Leicester want him to add to their central defensive options which include Jonny Evans,33, Wesley Fofana,20, and Caglar Soyuncu, aged 24.

Evans recently penned a new deal until the end of the 2022-2023 season when he will be 35.

Tarkowski would add experience too and give Rodgers better options for a three-man defence where he has played Christian Fuchs,31, whose contact is up this summer.

Burnley are looking at promising young centre-backs to replace Tarkowski including Stoke's Nathan Collins,19, and Nottingham Forest's Joe Worrall, aged 24.

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It would only make sense if we're expecting someone to leave.

Big Wes is leaving so for me it's an ideal replacement. 

Soyncu, Fofana, Evans and Tarks with either Amartey or Benkovic as 5th choice. 

• Like 3

If we're in Europe then Tarks would come here as a squad player in a heartbeat, happy to play every now and then. 

Evans has probably got one full season left in him at the very top so it sounds like good succession planning as always from us, Tarks then becomes the experienced head amongst the young lads.

A couple of years ago when he was touted as our first choice Maguire replacement, I was less enthralled, but he's a superb squad addition. 

• Like 2

Not sure this one is a priority without someone leaving, and assuming finances are still fairly tight due to Covid. Happy with Evans, Söyüncü, Fofana and one of Amartey or Benkovic as 4th choice for now and would rather the funds are spent elsewhere ie. 

RW - Ünder?

Versatile attacker (LW/ CAM) - Otavio? 
Striker - Anyone’s guess Édouard 

CM - KDH back from loan. 

Out: 

Choudhury/ Gray/ Iheanacho

It’s a yes from me, it’s the rumour that won’t go away and although I share other people’s concern about how he’d get in the team I think we need to trust that it wouldn’t be for the sake of it. We always need a contingency plan especially with either injuries or potential transfers (Evans getting older, Morgan retiring, Fuchs leaving, soyuncu transfer maybe?) 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Big Wes is leaving so for me it's an ideal replacement. 

Soyncu, Fofana, Evans and Tarks with either Amartey or Benkovic as 5th choice. 

Amartey and JJ as 5th and 6th choices. We'd need 6 Cbs if playing in Europe and wanting the option of playing 3 at the back.

Wes and Fuchs leaving/retiring and Rogers clearly unsure whether Benkovic up to it and the fact he likes to play 3 sometimes can see him coming meaning we have 5 centre back in the squad. Can see this happening. 

Having said that story coming out now about the summer when Nearing January window end seems agent talk to me for new deal

He'll have a year left on his contract so should be available at a decent fee, I think the new ownership will look to sell him and bring in some younger talent with the money. From what I've read, they intend to run the club similar to the way ourselves and Brentford.