Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

He'll have a year left on his contract so should be available at a decent fee, I think the new ownership will look to sell him and bring in some younger talent with the money. From what I've read, they intend to run the club similar to the way ourselves and Brentford.

Just now, sdb said:

Would be great for us but 4 very, very good CBs is too much for us. Unless Soyuncu is unlikely to sign a new contract, we don't need him. Amartey is a capable 4th choice.

I thought Cags contact was in the process of being sorted ... sure I read a few months back. Must admit not heard anything regarding the matter for a good long while now. 

12 minutes ago, sdb said:

Would be great for us but 4 very, very good CBs is too much for us. Unless Soyuncu is unlikely to sign a new contract, we don't need him. Amartey is a capable 4th choice.

But if you want to play 3 at the back you need 6 not 4 CBs. Tarks, Amartey and JJ give you 4 5 & 6. And 4th choice would get very significant game time.  

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why ffs?   Have we been linked with Andros yet?  

Ha ha beat me to it ! It’s been so quiet on the Townsend front in this window i’m Starting to worry that we’re plotting some sort of raid under  the radar  . They might use him as bait  to get Gray :(

• Haha 1

Would be a decent addition if his price comes down, although behind a striker, winger/wide forward, back up creative midfielder on the priority list. We need 4 decent CBs, especially with European football and while Armarty has done well when called upon this season his injury record has been poor over the past few years.  

49 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We already have three CB's that would all start for just about every PL club now, bringing in Tarkowski for still a considerable fee makes no sense if we assume none of our current CB's will be sold.

Not really Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Morgan retires, I'd imagine one of Amartey or Benkovic moves on.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Morgan retires, I'd imagine one of Amartey or Benkovic moves on.

How many games a season does your average 4th choice CB play? A handful at best unless there is a long term injury within the squad.

Assuming we keep our main three CB's then Tarkowski won't want to come here as 4th choice or will we want to pay the fee he will come for to fill that role. I'd have Tarkowski here in a minute but Evans will still have another two years here and Soyuncu and Fofana are still very young. Unless we think a sale of one of our CB's is imminent in the summer then Tarkowski makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

How many games a season does your average 4th choice CB play? A handful at best unless there is a long term injury within the squad.

Assuming we keep our main three CB's then Tarkowski won't want to come here as 4th choice or will we want to pay the fee he will come for to fill that role. I'd have Tarkowski here in a minute but Evans will still have another two years here and Soyuncu and Fofana are still very young. Unless we think a sale of one of our CB's is imminent in the summer then Tarkowski makes no sense.

All 4 would have to fight for places.

Considering we have had to play Morgan 9 apps this season, Amartey in 6 apps, Ndidi has played 3 games at CB at West Brom/Burnley/Everton.

When we have also had to play Fuchs and Justin as CB in a back 3 at time.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why are continuously linked to this bum? Sick of it.

1. He's not a bum, he's a decent CB.

2. Our recruitment team have tracked him for some time and think he would be a good addition to our squad.

It's a yes from me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

All 4 would have to fight for places.

Considering we have had to play Morgan 9 apps this season, Amartey in 6 apps, Ndidi has played 3 games at CB at West Brom/Burnley/Everton.

When we have also had to play Fuchs and Justin as CB in a back 3 at time.

We were pretty unlucky at start of season with injury and suspension before Fofana arrived. Getting another CB in would be an insurance against a similar situation, but if everyone remains fit it does seem to be an overload and could lead to potential unrest. 

Maybe in another seasons time if Evans begins to wain or we're likely to lose Cags or Wes Jr, but otherwise feels a bit of an overkill