Jump to content
moore_94

James Tarkowski (Summer Transfer)

Recommended Posts

He'll have a year left on his contract so should be available at a decent fee, I think the new ownership will look to sell him and bring in some younger talent with the money. From what I've read, they intend to run the club similar to the way ourselves and Brentford.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great for us but 4 very, very good CBs is too much for us. Unless Soyuncu is unlikely to sign a new contract, we don't need him. Amartey is a capable 4th choice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sdb said:

Would be great for us but 4 very, very good CBs is too much for us. Unless Soyuncu is unlikely to sign a new contract, we don't need him. Amartey is a capable 4th choice.

I thought Cags contact was in the process of being sorted ... sure I read a few months back. Must admit not heard anything regarding the matter for a good long while now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This move would always depend on price. I don't see it personally, unless we're expecting big bids for Soyuncu and/or Fofana. He's in his peak years so don't see him coming to be 4th choice, Man City, Liverpool or Man Utd? Maybe. But not us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sdb said:

Would be great for us but 4 very, very good CBs is too much for us. Unless Soyuncu is unlikely to sign a new contract, we don't need him. Amartey is a capable 4th choice.

But if you want to play 3 at the back you need 6 not 4 CBs. Tarks, Amartey and JJ give you 4 5 & 6. And 4th choice would get very significant game time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why are continuously linked to this bum? Sick of it.

Because there is clearly some interest from our side, and there has been for a while. It's obvious at this point that the club would like him here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why ffs?   Have we been linked with Andros yet?  

Ha ha beat me to it ! It’s been so quiet on the Townsend front in this window i’m Starting to worry that we’re plotting some sort of raid under  the radar  . They might use him as bait  to get Gray :(

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a decent addition if his price comes down, although behind a striker, winger/wide forward, back up creative midfielder on the priority list. We need 4 decent CBs, especially with European football and while Armarty has done well when called upon this season his injury record has been poor over the past few years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We already have three CB's that would all start for just about every PL club now, bringing in Tarkowski for still a considerable fee makes no sense if we assume none of our current CB's will be sold.

Not really Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Morgan retires, I'd imagine one of Amartey or Benkovic moves on.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the whole point of him leaving was to get into the England team so no way would he come here to sit on our bench when he could be a starter for West Ham. He’d probably get the same if not more money for them aswell. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Morgan retires, I'd imagine one of Amartey or Benkovic moves on.

 

 

 

How many games a season does your average 4th choice CB play? A handful at best unless there is a long term injury within the squad.

 

Assuming we keep our main three CB's then Tarkowski won't want to come here as 4th choice or will we want to pay the fee he will come for to fill that role. I'd have Tarkowski here in a minute but Evans will still have another two years here and Soyuncu and Fofana are still very young. Unless we think a sale of one of our CB's is imminent in the summer then Tarkowski makes no sense.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gerard said:

 

How many games a season does your average 4th choice CB play? A handful at best unless there is a long term injury within the squad.

 

Assuming we keep our main three CB's then Tarkowski won't want to come here as 4th choice or will we want to pay the fee he will come for to fill that role. I'd have Tarkowski here in a minute but Evans will still have another two years here and Soyuncu and Fofana are still very young. Unless we think a sale of one of our CB's is imminent in the summer then Tarkowski makes no sense.

 

 

All 4 would have to fight for places.

 

Considering we have had to play Morgan 9 apps this season, Amartey in 6 apps, Ndidi has played 3 games at CB at West Brom/Burnley/Everton.

 

When we have also had to play Fuchs and Justin as CB in a back 3 at time.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why are continuously linked to this bum? Sick of it.

1. He's not a bum, he's a decent CB.

2. Our recruitment team have tracked him for some time and think he would be a good addition to our squad.

 

It's a yes from me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

All 4 would have to fight for places.

 

Considering we have had to play Morgan 9 apps this season, Amartey in 6 apps, Ndidi has played 3 games at CB at West Brom/Burnley/Everton.

 

When we have also had to play Fuchs and Justin as CB in a back 3 at time.

 

We were pretty unlucky at start of season with injury and suspension before Fofana arrived. Getting another CB in would be an insurance against a similar situation, but if everyone remains fit it does seem to be an overload and could lead to potential unrest. 

 

Maybe in another seasons time if Evans begins to wain or we're likely to lose Cags or Wes Jr, but otherwise feels a bit of an overkill

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...