Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread - 31/01/2021

No reason we can't win this, it'll be harder than the reverse fixture earlier in the season though.

Regarding Soyuncu, he needs to work for his spot back into the team, he was poor towards the end of last season, but did start this season well. Fofana has come in and been superb for the majority of the games he's played, dropping him would be unfair. Soyuncu has been eased back in, is almost match fit now and will get cup games as well as European ones, which is more than enough game time. If you want to be successful you need a fantastic squad who can slot in when needed, if a player isn't hungry and doesn't want to work for his position in the starting 11, then quite frankly he shouldn't be here.

He's happy, he'll get games and he's still improving as the weeks go by.

Hamza on the bench suggests no imminent move out then.

Would have gone for Under instead of Albrighton as I think he'll have plenty of freedom to exploit and damage Leeds.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Can see a potential loss on the cards today. Perez isn't a striker, he's slow and laborious, the sort of player Leeds will eat for breakfast. Under should be starting this game by a long long way, either instead of Perez or Albrighton (especially being as there is literally nobody for Albrighton to swing crosses In to). 

Big fan of Sharkie but I fear you have a good point. BR will no doubt be urging Pères and Barnes to make more runs into the box. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

I would have given Nacho a go. He will never gain any confidence being left on the bench.

A sentiment I have shared in the past, but we've had him long enough to realise his potential, and I think the fact he very rarely gets a start tells you all you need to know.

38 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Itd have been an injustice if Ricardo came in for either full back. He’ll make an appearance today I’m sure.

It would have been ROTATION.

Albeit I am personally satisfied with the lineup.

Edited by NaijaFox

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah arguably we have more solutions but I'd definitely worry about the drop off in quality, think we really could do with some greater depth at LW. Ricardo isn't really a proven entity as a long-term solution there, particularly post-injury. Fair point about formation change and not playing without wingers, and CM is definitely a greater priority, but I'm not thrilled with Barnes, Albrighton and Under as our only out and out wingers.

Barnes is having a great season, but I wouldn't be too worried if he was unavailable. It would be good to see more of Under, who has barely featured so far, and Ricardo, even as a winger, is a hell of a player to have sitting on the bench.

As we've agreed, the whole position of winger itself isn't essential, but you're always going to need a central midfield, however you play, so there's really no comparison.

The prospect of dealing with an injury or suspension to Youri or Maddison is a totally different story. I think we have to bring someone in before tomorrow night, really. Otherwise, we're going to have to wrap them up in cotton wool whenever possible.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I just dont remember any big chances in that game that we missed. A draw felt justified based on the chances we had but i might be wrong.

I don't disagree in essence. but as said elsewhere, we're playing a more open team this time. Start stable and use Under for impact.

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The issue with our beech is the lack of a first team quality central midfielder.

But we do have 2 injuries there and one of them should be back in a couple of weeks.

trouble with mine are roosting crows,nightmare